PDA

View Full Version : 380 List

fatbus
26th Feb 2011, 15:58
Anyone wondering why no list out for the transfer to 380 or the 330 upgrade?

Fart Master
26th Feb 2011, 15:59
No... why???

411A
26th Feb 2011, 18:31
...or the 330 upgrade?
DEC's on the way to the 330, perhaps?;)

White Knight
26th Feb 2011, 18:36
DEC's on the way to the 330, perhaps?

Doubt it;) Wink back to you big boy:D

johnnyramjet
27th Feb 2011, 06:30
Fatbus, please tell. I am guessing that no one knows what is going on.

Flying Spag Monster
27th Feb 2011, 07:29
Perhaps the number crunchers are trying to work out how to keep the 330 training supported. I understand many trainers are on the 380 list as line drivers. Rumour of course....

GoreTex
27th Feb 2011, 07:41
yes there are trainers on the 380 that just fly the line with full training pay, the best job ever (in EK)

jackbauer
27th Feb 2011, 10:39
Watch out for dramatic increase in 330 upgrades this year. More than double the number previously announced. It's official so not a good time to go to 380.

Payscale
27th Feb 2011, 13:36
120 airbus upgrades this year I hear...

The A380 transfer list comes in March the lady in charge of the list says

Chewthecrude
28th Feb 2011, 15:10
She told everyone Feb!!

VLS with ice
1st Mar 2011, 04:14
Seem to remember they had a list for transitions from AB to 777 too,...they didn't really stick to it though and put guys out of seniority on a course....

Easy Ryder
17th Mar 2011, 09:42
List is on the portal! :ok:

PGA
17th Mar 2011, 09:53
Hmm... Can't see it, where are you looking? :confused:

Easy Ryder
17th Mar 2011, 10:03
Career Information -> Pilot Career Management -> Course Schedules (drop down menu) -> A380.... .xls file

GoreTex
17th Mar 2011, 21:52
soon the 380 will upgrade from right to left, EK doesnt have the manpower to send fo's back to the 330 and then 6 month later upgrade them.

White Knight
18th Mar 2011, 19:05
soon the 380 will upgrade from right to left

Not so sure about that one! There is a 3,000 command hour (330/340/777) at EK requirement for left seat 380, and I understand that's to keep 'insurance' premiums down...

atiuta
18th Mar 2011, 19:55
So B777 Captains will have to step in and fill the void?

GoreTex
19th Mar 2011, 05:32
WK
so you think EK will send the 380 fo's back to the 330 train them and then 6 month later upgrade them?
train them twice on an airplane that they havent flown in years and its actually harder to fly than the 380?
I think the bean counters will step in and say WTF are you doing here?
EK always goes for the cheapest option.

emratty
19th Mar 2011, 06:30
Training capacity on the 330 is not going to be a problem over the next few years with the gradual phase out of the 330/340 so the issue of converting 380 F/Os to the 330 is not going to be a problem. Will the company release pilots for their upgrade on the 380 is another matter. The chief pilot 380 stated in a wash up a few days ago there will be no upgrades on the 380.

fatbus
19th Mar 2011, 07:26
It's 3 months in the right seat not 6 and there wont be any 777 guys coming over to the 380 for at least a couple of years

Payscale
19th Mar 2011, 15:24
The list will be populated when the trainers, who happen to be the more seniors decide if they want to leave training, and on the other hand if training wants to let them go. Only then can a proper list come out.

The datum business is crap... should be seniority only..

White Knight
19th Mar 2011, 21:13
Agreed Payscale regarding datum......... Should be seniority only!! But:ugh::ugh: you know how it works here:hmm:

maddog62
20th Mar 2011, 14:47
i'm not sure what to do with that expression of interest list.

didn't count them but there's a plethora of examiners, instructors and chiefs of stuff on that list. are they all going to resign? don't think so.

basically, i know as much as before the list came out about where i stand...:ugh:

mad

sittingidly
21st Mar 2011, 02:09
Enlighten us Whight Knight, how does it work here? Honestly, tell us all how is works here, I am dying to hear your response.

UMMMMM, let me say this in UK SPEAK. Um, err, iit iits its umm err, umm... the present um, er policy to um er, do as we... um errr wish. Um, err, since you are brown and from one of our past, um err past colonies, we are taking a closer look at your qualifications, umm.

Will you bow to me? you brown person.... or do you feel equal?

Quote WK.

He's like the ever present UK financial advisors in Dubai who originated frome the UK. IDIOTS!!!!

I feel for you bro WK, you have evolved your opionions from your experiences in Brit Land and you don't have the intelligence or educations to see othewise.

I do not hate you, I feel sympathy for you.

Payscale
21st Mar 2011, 05:23
Knock it off!
You are supposed to be professional pilots.

harry the cod
21st Mar 2011, 18:53
sittingidly

I'm not exactly sure what issues you have with your life but colour, race and nationality are obviously a few.

Whatever grievance you hold, be it against an individual, organisation or, god forbid, an entire nation, I just hope you have the professionalism to keep your narrow minded and racial prejuduces off the flight deck. Reading your posts would suggest that may be difficult for you.

Harry

sittingidly
23rd Mar 2011, 08:47
Well Harry,

I could see how you reached that view about me. My post was a tad vehement but in truth I hold no pre-concieved notions about anyone. I don't care if you are Lebo, Canadian, German, Brit or any other nationality which tends toward undesirable qualities. The individual is what is important.

In the cockpit, if you have some pre-conceived notions about a nationality or a skin color, then for sure, you have to put that aside and act professionally. I don't have pre-conceived notions to start with but when some individuals such as Whight Knight, demonstrate their imperialistic attitudes towards others, then that should be pointed out.

I apologize for bringing up the Brit history of subjegating little brown people. It's just that this mind-set is still prevalent amongst 'some' Brit pilots here.It boggles my mind that many pilots here criticize OZ and USA pilots(sometime valid admittedly) yet in my case at least.... The worst guys with the worst attitudes are often the Brits.

Oh by the way, most of my good friends are um, errr, iiiiits iiits, um errh Brits! I find them interesting, nice people... yet they almost always have an attidude regarding other nationalities That is my point.

White Knight
23rd Mar 2011, 13:07
but when some individuals such as Whight Knight, demonstrate their imperialistic attitudes towards others

Would you mind quoting me then SI? I'm not sure where you get that from.

Are you Mensaboy under a new guise? You sure prattle on like him!

Finally, you may discover in the real world that everyone has a view about different nationalities, wherever they themselves are from! You are a naive and supercilious kind of chappie:rolleyes:

sittingidly
24th Mar 2011, 08:26
It/s impossible to quote someone who is subtle about their views about their superiority of others. Unless of course they come right out and state it, which obviously you have been taught NOT to do.

I am supercilious and a chappy now? I do admit that I don't know what that means but I have a feeling it is not complimentary. lol. Regarding your opinion that I am Naive, that really makes my laugh. Naive I am not, wise I have become over a great of time.

Some people 'grow' in wisdom over the years. Some people hold onto the viewpoints that were expressed to them as children. You fit into the latter category by the way.

You actually alluded to tolerating and then understanding 'other' nationalities yet you are the at the front of the class when it comes to having an imperialistic viewpoint of the world.

YOU honestly believe that you are better than other pilots, not based upon you abilities as a pilot or a leader, but based upon the fact that you consider other nationalities or skin colors, LESS... than you. That is pathetic IMHO.

http://www.pprune.org/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif http://www.pprune.org/images/buttons/report.gif (http://www.pprune.org/report.php?p=6325543)

Wear the Fox Hat
24th Mar 2011, 09:50
I don't care if you are Lebo, Canadian, German, Brit or any other nationality which tends toward undesirable qualities.

Ummm errrr surely this can be construed as a racist remark within itself?

Sittingidly I hope to God you aren't flight deck, your comments are pathetic at best and indicative of someone with a big chip on their little shoulders!

White Knight
24th Mar 2011, 19:57
YOU honestly believe that you are better than other pilots, not based upon you abilities as a pilot or a leader, but based upon the fact that you consider other nationalities or skin colors, LESS... than you. That is pathetic IMHO.

SI - you said this matey.... I never said this or hinted at it!!!!! Don't be such a tw@t:ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

sittingidly
25th Mar 2011, 10:49
''I don't care if you are Lebo, Canadian, German, Brit or any nationality which tends toward undesirable qualities.''

OK, that sentence could be taken two different ways and I should have writtenn it better. There was no intention to slag any nationality which might not have been clear, but rather the opposite. I simply don't care what nationalilty or skin color anyone is.... just what type of person they are. Actually, even more important than that...... in our little world of flying aircraft.... is how someone conducts themself on the flight deck.

I don't like nasty people but there is always the choice of who you hang out with. On the flight deck, it is a bit different though. You don't have a choice. Thankfully EK tends to hire decent pilots but there are a few whackos at this company.

Perhaps Whight Knight is a normal person, who does not consider himself bvetter than people due to his country's past conquests. But he obviously exudes the aura that his better than others, in spite of his attempts to hide his true beliefs...... which from my experience is a clear indication that he is the exact opposite.

When you sit around the dinner table listening to your parents comments about certain things, you will be inclined to hold those viewpoints for much of your life. UNLESS of course if you are open minded and willing to learn from others. White Knight exhibits ALL the qualities of an imperialist who considers himself better than the rest of us.

That is just my opinion and I would not have made those comments unless he had previously attacked me with lies and innuendo. If WK and I disagree on things, then so be it, but for him to lie, cheat and deceive others in an attempt to discredit me, well then he deserves to be exposed.

White Knight
25th Mar 2011, 14:03
previously attacked me with lies and innuendo. If WK and I disagree on things, then so be it, but for him to lie, cheat and deceive others in an attempt to discredit me, well then he deserves to be exposed.

That's a fairly libelous comment SI... You have NOT yet been able to quote me on these apparent 'lies, cheats and deceptions':ugh: Why? Because I do non of the above - I just don't like you or agree with you; but in your head you twist things... I suggest you reread some of your posts:hmm: Maybe make that appointment with whatever EK department deals with problems:rolleyes:

EGGW
25th Mar 2011, 15:35
This one has runs its course folks :ugh::ugh:

EGGW