PDA

View Full Version : Max flight hours for FI

pilotatlast
9th Feb 2011, 16:28
Is the annual max 900hrs or 1000hrs fof an FI?

Thanks

Whopity
9th Feb 2011, 20:03
As an instructor, you could be asked that question as part of your FI revalidation!
147.—(1) Subject to paragraphs (2) and (3), a person must not act as a member of the flight crew of an aircraft registered in the United Kingdom if, at the beginning of the flight, the aggregate of all that person’s previous flight times-
(a) during the period of 28 consecutive days expiring at the end of the day on which the flight begins exceeds 100 hours; or
(b) during the period of twelve months expiring at the end of the previous month exceeds 900 hours.
(2) This article does not apply to a flight which is a private flight in an aircraft which has a maximum total weight authorised of not more than 1600kg.
(3) A person may act as a member of the flight crew on a private or aerial work flight where the operator does not hold a national air operator’s certificate if, at the time when the flight begins, the aggregate of all the flight times of the member of the flight crew concerned since last being medically examined and found fit by a person approved by the CAA for the purpose of article 72(3) is not more than 25 hours.—It is a pilot limitation and makes no difference whether or not you are an FI.

MrAverage
15th Feb 2011, 09:06
Please correct me if my interpretation is wrong:

If I do 100hours instructional in, say, 20 days - then have a medical - I can then do a further 25 hours in the next 8 days.

How bizarre.

MrAverage
15th Feb 2011, 09:09
I'd certainly no longer be average.

nick14
16th Feb 2011, 12:47
As far as im aware its the same as for all pilots Airline,biz jets, FI's etc bar private flying although im unsure for the latter.

Flight time limitations is in the various ops manuals etc.

Any one know if EASA are going to increase to 1000 hours accross the board?

Whopity
17th Feb 2011, 06:41
bar private flying although im unsure for the latter.
read above(2) This article does not apply to a flight which is a private flight in an aircraft which has a maximum total weight authorised of not more than 1600kg.