PDA

View Full Version : CSU and Retrac Training

jnicholas
5th Feb 2011, 22:03
Hey Guys,
I've just finished my PPL and want to open up a few more options in the way of aircraft models I am endorsed to fly.

I would like to do my CSU and retrac fairly soon. Is this possible / advisable soon after getting my PPL? Like, I got it 8 weeks ago is it too soon?

Also, anyone know of a 206 or 210 around the sunshine coast / within an hrs drive of here for wet or dry hire?

Cheers Guys

kalavo
5th Feb 2011, 22:21
Just do it :)

jnicholas
5th Feb 2011, 22:43
Also forgot to mention, what is involved in the training? are there any exams etc? Or is it just a few hrs theory and flying time?

bentleg
5th Feb 2011, 23:18
I did it shortly after PPL, a few hours theory and exam (both delivered in house) and a few hours flying. Not hard.

OZBUSDRIVER
5th Feb 2011, 23:44
Best advice given to me...read the AFM thoroughly and be familiar with the cockpit and control positions so they fall naturally to hand...as in...sit in the thing a bit before you go for a fly and get a feel for it...costs you nothing and saves you heaps.:ok:

AND...regardless of hours in logbook...go for it. if you can fly it and show competence, then why not!

jnicholas
5th Feb 2011, 23:53
Thanks for the tips guys, i'll take them on board!
Just wondering whether you think it is best to do the endorsement in an Arrow or 182RG? I have done most of my hrs in 172's so i'm quite used to the overhead wing. I would like some more time on conventional winged ac though.

muffman
6th Feb 2011, 00:30
Go the 182. It's a more useful aeroplane - goes faster and carries more useful load than the Arrow.

PA39
6th Feb 2011, 01:18
CSu and retrac are endorsements, 210 is a conversion. Naturally all done at the one time.

The Green Goblin
6th Feb 2011, 01:46
I did it in a C172rg straight after my GFPT and prior to starting PPL Nav training. It's not hard!

It is just some manual extensions of the gear and learning how to operate the CSU. You should be able to get ticked off in a couple of hours dual, with some circuits.

Cheers

ForkTailedDrKiller
6th Feb 2011, 02:18
I did it in a C172rg straight after my GFPT and prior to starting PPL Nav training. It's not hard!

Skite! :E

Plus enough words to get this posted.

jnicholas
6th Feb 2011, 03:37
Also, is this just a logbook entry or is there paperwork etc that has to go through CASA? Because i believe there is a $50 re-issue fee?

John Citizen
6th Feb 2011, 04:28
I think I did about 5 hours training, from the PA28 to the PA28R.

I think my flying school took me for a ride :{

It's not that hard really.

MakeItHappenCaptain
6th Feb 2011, 09:21
Chopperline should have a 210 on line at Caloundra in the next week or so.:ok:

jnicholas
6th Feb 2011, 10:20
Awesome, Caloundra is nice and close from buderim. Any idea on the hourly rate?

notjustanotherpilot
7th Feb 2011, 06:51
Also, is this just a logbook entry or is there paperwork etc that has to go through CASA?

Paperwork goes back to CASA and into the records. When you go online everthing you have done - exams, endorsements, ratings etc - should be there.

OZBUSDRIVER
7th Feb 2011, 10:30
If you do start with a C210 then suggest you read this gem of a thread from 9 years ago....time flies....

C206 Tips and Techniques (http://www.pprune.org/dunnunda-godzone-pacific/21711-c206-tips-techniques.html):ok: