PDA

View Full Version : Jobs in Wales over the summer???

DVR6K
10th Mar 2002, 19:58
Howdy,. .. .Now, over the summer, I am leaving Madrid for sunny Wales. I know nothing about Wales, least of all anything about Abergavenny, which is where I may end up living. My girlfriend knows all about the place since she lives in that part of the world and tells me it´s handy for Cardiff or Hereford and therefore, does anyone have any suggestions as to how I might go about getting a part time job for 2 months over the summer in an aviation related field of work in the aforementioned area?!?! Cardiff airport springs to mind... I´m a more than keen 20 year old PPL with a CPL in the pipeline and experience in the airlines.. .. .Any ideas would be appreciated since I am just beginning to get some ideas together myself in preparation.... .. .Cheers!!. .. .DVR6K

togaroo
13th Mar 2002, 23:07
Sunny abergavenny! You will miss Madrid, but the green grass may be a pleasant change. Dont forget to pack your water proof jacket.. .. .You are probably better off heading for Gloucster airport or Bristol as Cardiff Airport is western side of cardiff and quite a drive from Aber. British Airways has its heavy maintenance base at Cardiff and they also have component workshops in South Wales. General electric have an engine over haul facility at nantgarw (Cardiff) which you could try. If its purely flying then best to speak to some of the smaller operators at each of the mentioned airports. I used to fly with cardiff wales flying club who are a good bunch. Best to ring / fax or write to see if any where has anything going for the summer. Usually if the summer is busy a job as a refuller and tarmac lacky might come up. depends what you are prepared to do and for how much cash!. .. .good luck and enjoy wales. . .PS I'm not welsh but ended up marrying a taffy - and glad that I did!