PDA

View Full Version : a320 sops

sahi
30th Jan 2011, 16:00
hi,just seeking a confirmation,with the autopilot on ,who sets up the mcdu and performs any changes on flight plan routing etc.i figured it should be the pf/pnf,as long as one pilot is looking out while the other works on

AKAAB
30th Jan 2011, 16:46
Our SOP is:

Above 10,000 - PF can make all MCDU changes.

Below 10,000 - PF commands PM to make entries.

In both cases, any changes have to be cross-checked by the other pilot.

hetfield
30th Jan 2011, 17:49
Our SOP:

When hand flying PNF does every input on MCDU.

With AP on, PF touches the MCDU only for "direct to" and "activate approach phase". All other inputs are done by PNF.

c100driver
31st Jan 2011, 06:52
That is the same as our SOP.

PF can only make changes with the AP on and above 10,000

PM makes changes at the direction of PF below 10,000 or any other time as PF see fit.

All changes to current track, speed or altitude requires confirmation of both pilots.

PA38-Pilot
31st Jan 2011, 23:32
Same as stated before. Only difference is that for us is 10,000ft above airport elevation, and not MSL.

Cap. PiSkiS
3rd Feb 2011, 06:53
Ok, you guys say that is in your SOP'S, can you state exactly in which FCOM/FCTM part it says, so I can check mine and ask why is not there....:ugh:

Rgds.

setyawans11
3rd Feb 2011, 07:32
hi, in my airline we dont have our own SOP yet, so we pretty much follow airbus procedure. the only guide I have in the airbus book is in QRH REV 43,NORMAL PROCEDURE pg.3.06, climb part, where it says:
FCU/FMGS Set by PF is AP ON
but then in line flying, a lot of different opinions, most use the 10'000 MSL as the lowest altitude the PF can set the FMGS, other believe that the PF has to remain heads up all the time.
3 ways of flying mate, the company way, the captains way, and the right way, only one counts! :p

Nick 1
3rd Feb 2011, 07:58
Yes, the SOP's way.

Nick 1

reubenjosephdsouza
7th Feb 2011, 18:15
MCDU Entries and Modification:

IF AUTOPILOT IS ON : THE PF DOES ALL THE STUFF RELATED TO MCDU AND FCU

IF PF IS HAND FLYING THE A/C:THEN PM (OR PNF) DOES ALL MCDU WORK AND FCU SELECTION WITH CONFIRMATION/REQEST FROM PF

PF: FLY,NAVIGATE AND COMMUNICATE( FOR EMMERGENCIES)
PNF(PM):ECAM ACTIONS,ASSIST PF WHEN REQUIRED
ALWAYS ONE HEAD UP,