PDA

View Full Version : unprofessional swissair pilot

efcop
22nd Jan 2002, 14:18
what does the international community think of pilots refusing to use the crossair callsign on wetlease flights e.g. crossair flights operated by swissair? instead they use "charlie romeo x-ray" and thus confusing every atc unit which have to make a second call to confirm the flight's identity.

Pete Otube
22nd Jan 2002, 14:28
The international community, I suspect, couldn't give a monkey's....

Few Cloudy
22nd Jan 2002, 14:31
Serious answer EFCOP?

I think they are trying to hang on to the little bit of pride they have left but it is an unhelpful and daft way of doing it.

skypointer
22nd Jan 2002, 16:08
Perhaps they just want to make sure they are not confused with the LX guys that can't see the difference between Sion and Aosta, land on frozen lakes, overrun the runway in Sarajevo and - I probably shouldn't say - crash into forests on a VOR approach way below all the minimums...

By the way: is it safe if every second aircraft flying around ZRH calls itself Crossair threethousendsomething?

22nd Jan 2002, 17:24
Rather childish, embarassing, ridicolous, the whole story.

All the little boys want to be pilot or policeman and if this is true there are really some little-boy-pilots. And by the way there are as well some little-boy-policemen.

romeowiz
22nd Jan 2002, 17:36
I occasionally heard that phenomenon when Little red riding hood (Niki Lauda) wetleased an aircraft from Austrian Airlines. Their pride did not allow them to say his name, they called "Lima Delta Alpha". We thought itīs funny!

@skypointer: it is really a safety problem if every second acft flying around ZRH calls "Crossair threethousandsomething". We struggle a lot with this. But they found a solution: every second acft flying around ZRH is calling "Switzerland threethousandsomething" now, as Moritz Suter said above!

[ 22 January 2002: Message edited by: Vector_Pushtin ]

[ 22 January 2002: Message edited by: Vector_Pushtin ]</p>

+TS
22nd Jan 2002, 18:18
When reading your post Skypointer, I think that probably the Safety issue is with guys like you.

C-R-X instead of Crossair; costs a lot of beers after a few sectors.

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
23rd Jan 2002, 01:09
They were still saying "Crossair" last time I was at work.