PDA

View Full Version : RAF Reserves Query

SkidSolo
20th Jan 2002, 17:51
Any commercial aircrews out there involved as I'm looking into it and would like to hear from those with some advice/info. I have a few questions such as job roles (flight ops in particular), entering rank etc.

Cheers
SS

Fogbound
20th Jan 2002, 20:46
I posted a similar query a few months back.
At the moment i'm wading through the security questionnaire in my application. The route I have taken.......
returned to my old cadet squadron and said i wanted to help. They contacted wing HQ and sent the security forms for me. Once these forms are completed they could take up to 3 months to process. I have to help out as a civilian instructor for approx. 3-6 months before they will consider giving me a uniformed role in the reserves.
Flying the Grobs for the AEF's is all done in house, but as I have a CPL/IR Frozen ATPL I have expressed a wish to help out with anyside of the flying that is available (ops, ground crew etc) they said they would look into it.
As for the local careers office, they didn't have a clue as to what to suggest really.
Hope i have been of some use. any queries please e-mail.
oh and good luck!

Bright-Ling
23rd Jan 2002, 20:42
Skid.....

Have you a mail address - might be able to help you.

B-L

wallyfly
24th Jan 2002, 03:28
Hey Fogbound I have a few questions about frozen ATPL. Can I e-mail them to you? my email is [email protected] if ur interested.

Thanks