PDA

View Full Version : HF test on 737

b744FPEK
5th Jan 2011, 02:17
can anybody tell me the HF test procedure on 737-NG,test during the preflight .

thank you :)

IFixPlanes
5th Jan 2011, 06:38
Can you ask more precisely?
Do we talk about a 737 jurassic, classic or new generation?
Operational test or communication test?

b744FPEK
7th Jan 2011, 00:49
thanks, ifixplanes

IFixPlanes
7th Jan 2011, 04:48
You are welcome.

PantLoad
7th Jan 2011, 06:29
b744FPEK,

A couple of points:

1. Don't transmit on HF during refueling.
2. Not a good idea to transmit on HF when ground personnel are close by.
3. To test, use an LDOC frequency. (One that is not necessarily used for ATC.) For example, a company frequency, or an ARINC frequency that is used for company traffic...phone patches, etc. If unavailable, then use a frequency that works.

Tune both HFs to the same frequency (as selected above). Hit the mic for a moment to get the auto-tune going. (Do this for each HF.)

Call your station on HF1. Wait for reply.

When reply is received, go to HF2 and ask for a SELCAL check. Give your SELCAL code.

Wait for SELCAL on each/both HF receivers.

This method tests the transmitters for both HFs, the receivers for both HFs, and the SELCAL function for both HFs.

Fly safe,

PantLoad

grounded27
7th Jan 2011, 06:53
Do not do a preflight on your HF! "understanding ifixplanes sarcasim"....

BOAC
7th Jan 2011, 07:39
Do not do a preflight on your HF! - care to expand on this? It is often a requirement.

PantLoad
7th Jan 2011, 08:43
While I can't quote specific, individual airline SOPs, I can cite Airbus FCOM 3.03.06 P6.

Yes, if the HFs are to be used for that flight, they need to be checked before departure.

At my old airline (from which I retired), it was a requirement (both on Airbus and Boeing aircraft) to do so....if the HFs were to be used for that flight.

By the way, while you're screwing with the HFs, you can set your watch and the aircraft clock (if necessary). This requirement is basic instrument flying......(setting the clock...or checking for accuracy). This was, again, not only my old airline's SOP, but the Airbus and Boeing SOP, as well.

Fly safe,

PantLoad

Denti
7th Jan 2011, 09:15
The clock on newer 737s is automaticly slaved to GPS, on our older ones we have to press a button to switch between MAN and UTC (which is slaved to GPS). Time is not a big issue nowadays anymore with GPS, HF on the other hand still might be.