PDA

View Full Version : 737 Questions

Speedwinner
13th Dec 2010, 06:21
Hello folks,

could you help me out please?

1.When we set the ADF beacon for outer marker, somebody told me that we have to put it on the right side, because this side is only able to play the sound and the light. Is that true on the 737-400? or was it on older models? Whats with the 737-300?

2. Why is it necessary to put the gear lever in off and depressure the hydraulic lines? For manual gear extension?

3. Why do we bounce if we land with power and the autospeedbrake does not come out?

Thanks!

STBYRUD
13th Dec 2010, 07:49
Let me fire some answers, hope I read your questions right ;) Just came back from a long trip...

1. The marker beacon receiver is completely independent from the ADF, as in all other airplanes to my knowledge - doesnt matter where and if you have the beacon set since the marker beacon itself always transmits at 75MHz...

2. Well, I suppose just to reduce the load on the A system, no need to keep it pressurized all the time since you have perfectly good mechanical uplocks.

3. Ground effect? Speed over Vref? All kinds of reasons, you can land without bouncing even without the speedbrake ;)

TAC inop.
14th Dec 2010, 08:29
Speed...you cracked me up...I thought nothin could cheer me up today, but that was funny....plus, you got a reply....hahahahahahaha