PDA

View Full Version : Ecam fbw airbus

michelda
1st Dec 2010, 10:42
Good morning to everebody

I red that for NO oeb reminder airbus (on ecam), the new procedure in case of malfuntion is:
Ecam msg......
Ecam action.....
Check if any oeb is involved in ecam
Scroll of ecam until status
Normal ck list/reset computer
Status
Ecam action completed

If I' m not making mistakes, before this revision, We checked oeb afer ecam and before status.
Thanks for your help
Michelda

I-2021
2nd Dec 2010, 15:43
Hey,

michelda
Ecam fbw airbus
Good morning to everebody

I red that for NO oeb reminder airbus (on ecam), the new procedure in case of malfuntion is:
Ecam msg......
Ecam action.....
Check if any oeb is involved in ecam
Scroll of ecam until status
Normal ck list/reset computer
Status
Ecam action completed

If I' m not making mistakes, before this revision, We checked oeb afer ecam and before status.
Thanks for your help
Michelda

It dipends on your FWC version. The latest one has OEBs and OBs already loaded in it, so you get your ECAM and it tells you if you have to check any OEBs or OBs related to that MSN. After you move to status. In the end it does not change from what you are used to do, so checking OEBs before reading status.

michelda
2nd Dec 2010, 18:06
Hi I 2021
Thank you for your answer but....
If you have a FWC with the oeb reminder life is easy because it will tell you when you have to apply an oeb.
If you have a FWC without oeb reminder life is no so easy because if you apply ecam, you reach the status page, you check the oeb and the oeb tell you that you wouldn' t do the ecam but a different procedure....

What do you think??

Thanks in advance

Michelda

I-2021
3rd Dec 2010, 09:17
Hey,

If you have a FWC without oeb reminder life is no so easy because if you apply ecam, you reach the status page, you check the oeb and the oeb tell you that you wouldn' t do the ecam but a different procedure....

In this case, you must know which procedures have to be done by paper instead of applying the ecam.

nnc0
5th Dec 2010, 15:56
The QRH OEB chapter starts with a List of Effective OEBS (LOEOEBs)

That LOEOEBs clearly identifies those OEBs that affect ECAM actions, and the OEB procedure therein will always supersede the ECAM actions and some clearly and unequivocally state to disregard the ECAM procedure (and use the following OEB procedure instead).

Our preflight SOP calls for a review of the LOEOEBs at the start of every pairing (after the preflight, before pushback) and each crewmember must advise if he is not familiar with the OEB (ECAM related or not)

At most, I think we may have had 10 OEBs in effect at once but only 3 were related to ECAM. The preflight review certainly helps at remembering them.

mcdhu
5th Dec 2010, 19:01
Be careful! If your FWC has the OEB reminder function, your Airline [engineers] still have to program which OEBs will be active on the function. This should be reflected in the maintenance log of each aircraft.
Cheers
mcdhu