PDA

View Full Version : JAA Flight Instructor course in UK

CGaviator
12th Nov 2010, 18:43
Hi,

I am JAA ATPL(A) "Frozen" with about 800 hours and interested on FI(A) course in U.K.

After a study between prices, I selected the cheapest schools as follows:

Bonus Aviation,The Pilot Center, Aviation South West.

The CAA/JAR syllabus of FI(A) course are all the same, but my concern is about the reputation, quality and also the chance of the oportunity of been hiring or at least do the 100 hours of supervision.

Could anyone help me in get more information/experiences about this schools?

Thanks a lot.

Horst Schwul
13th Nov 2010, 20:20
Can recommend Eva and Ian at The Pilot Centre, Denham.

Usually a one-to-one or one-to-two course, run at your pace on your (time) terms. Tidy, well maintained aeroplanes. With 2 FIC instructors on staff they can usually fit you in reasonably quickly.

Not sure about the 100 hours - but don't forget that its also 25 solo signoffs and a recommendation from the supervising instructor which will remove the restriction.

You know it!

Horst

dobbin1
15th Nov 2010, 07:47
Dorothy Pooley at Shoreham has a great reputation. Most Pooley trained FI(r)s seem to find work after qualifying.

non0
15th Nov 2010, 10:53
Any idea about prices... thanks mate!

markymojo
17th Nov 2010, 12:39
I would certainly recommend the Pilot Centre at Denham.

I'm sure you're looking for a good, consistent instructing product to be delivered to you, and I know you'll get that at TPC. I did my FI course there in 2006. The proof is in the pudding of course, and I think i've had sufficient feedback from very experienced commercial examiners and pilots to qualify my recommendation.

M

OpenCirrus619
17th Nov 2010, 17:54
I used to fly at Denham - can't recommend Eva highly enough.

You might also look at Carol Cooper at Andrewsfield (http://www.andrewsfield.com/fic.htm). I did my FI renewal with her last year.

Regards

Andy

vorloc111
18th Nov 2010, 11:31
Try Sandra Haine at Airways Flying Club at Wycombe Air Park. Their fleet of aircraft are probably of the best maintained club aircraft in the country.
I have also heard that Carol Cooper over at Andrewsfield is spot on!

Ex Oggie
19th Nov 2010, 05:39
It's not all down to price. Try and visit a few of the schools and have a look around, maybe chat to a few of their current students. Cheap does not always equal quality and value for money!

You could try On-Track Aviation (http://www.ontrackaviation.com/fi-r.htm) as another alternative.