PDA

View Full Version : first pseudo waypoint A320

toby320
28th Oct 2010, 23:24
Hi, ppruners I'been looking for info related of the first pseudo waypoint on ND that one just after T/O usually at 400ft.
I have info related of all the pseudo waypoint on smiths-thales manual and as well on FCOM but nothing reference in this particular one.
My guess is that pseudo waypoint is just the limitted of the t/o segments or the minimum altitud for ecam actions but the true is I have no reference...so Iwould really appreciate any help
many tks
toby320 :ok:

Cardinal
30th Oct 2010, 03:39
It strikes me as quite arbitrary, its isn't necessarily the end of the takeoff segments nor a threshold for ECAM actions, just a map dot, but offers the 'advantage' of allowing the aircraft to enter Nav mode right after takeoff. I just delete that waypoint at the earliest possible opportunity for our usual radar vector clearances. More evidence that individuals with actual knowledge of the airspace system entered the design equation long after the engineers had set the foundations. An erudite ppruner will be along shortly to correct me.

MD83FO
30th Oct 2010, 08:49
on our thales fmgs 2 the active leg for takeoff is the runway followed by the (TO) conditional waypoint of 1500' on the rwy track which is our (SOP) minimum altitude to turn in IMC or night on a non SID departure unless otherwise stated.

to me it is a helpful reference to remain on the extended rwy centerline on the EOSID.

the first pseudo waypoint in our case is the 250kt LIM for departure.

rudderrudderrat
30th Oct 2010, 08:53
Hi Toby320,

When constructing acceptable SIDs, I think 400 ft (130m) is the earliest point where the first turn can be initiated. e.g. See Nice SIDs from runway 04. Up to the 400 ft point the runway track is to be maintained.

(Engine out performance may require a banked turn up to 15 degs below 400ft, and up to 25 degs when above 400 ft.)

TyroPicard
30th Oct 2010, 09:03
With Airbus I find it often helps to work out what would happen without something...
Without this pseudo-waypoint and without a SID, the F-PLAN would go directly from RW take-off point to the first WPT .. perhaps not something you would be able to fly.
The pseudoWPT allows for this situation and also covers lowest turn height as others have said.

If you just insert an Arrival RW and no approach you get a final fix ?5 nm out which achieves a similar result.
TP

toby320
30th Oct 2010, 11:35
Many tks for your replies and all you say about this sound logical and I really apreciate
If some once have reference in some manual I Will really apreciate
Thank you guys

Toby320.:ok:

Cardinal
1st Nov 2010, 20:10
Without this pseudo-waypoint and without a SID, the F-PLAN would go directly from RW take-off point to the first WPT .. perhaps not something you would be able to fly

If you clear this pseudo waypoint you are left with a disco which prevents that scenario from occuring. Immediately after takeoff the runway sequences out of the flight plan, and the first waypoint after the discontinuity becomes the From waypoint.