PDA

View Full Version : EASA MEL documents

jaja
27th Oct 2010, 17:08
Can any of you pro's help me find all the current documents from EASA regarding the MEL, and how to apply it.

It is an internet reference to the documents I am looking for.

Thanks and Best regards

Jaja

IFixPlanes
27th Oct 2010, 17:50
EASA - Flight Standards (http://easa.europa.eu/certification/flight-standards/fs-overview.php)

:ok:

jaja
28th Oct 2010, 19:59
Thank you Ifixplanes, but that is the list of MMEL' s for different types.

What I am looking specifically fore, is the document that describes when the MEL is to be applied (either after T/O power is set, or when the flight commences (a/c taxi under its own power))

You have to set up your MEL and Abnormal checklists in two different ways, depending on which criteria of the above you use.

But I can not find the document where it is described......so please help :)

grounded27
28th Oct 2010, 20:17
Those rules should be described within your MEL and approved by your CAA. MEL items that require a maintenance action are generally a block turn back or at the descretion of the PIC to abort.

Generally once an aircraft is under it's own power, a MEL item that has no maintenance requirement can go in the log for the next station. It is at company/pilot's descretion though to return to blocks for one of these items out of convienance (being at base or hub).

Part of your question requires regulation to answer the other part just common sence.

So no it is not an internet reference, it is something designed using mfgr resources, written using the MMEL by the company and approved by a CAA. If not defined and your company has a certificate it is allot of common sence with the liability placed on the shoulder of the pic.