PDA

View Full Version : planned FDP extension & unforeseen circumnstances

gigi116
27th Aug 2010, 15:09
According OPS1 SubPart Q an Operator may plan an "extended" FDP by up to 1 Hour and under unforeseen circumnstances is allowed a 2 hours extension on Commander discretion.

It is not very clear for me if this 2 hours Commander extension refers to "Basic FDP" or to FDP already extended by company (1+2 hours=3 Hours)

Please help me

:sad:

BOAC
27th Aug 2010, 15:35
The 'extended' FDP now becomes the 'Max FDP' which can then be extended by the Captain, as with an FDP extended by split duty..

Henry VIII
27th Aug 2010, 16:06
Unforseen circumstances are related to the basic FDP.
Minimum crew > Basic FDP + 2 hrs (or Extended 1 hrs FDP + Unforseen 1 hrs) is the max legal.

BOAC
27th Aug 2010, 16:18
Which edition of EUOPS is that in? Mine leaves it suitably vague which is why I guess gigi is asking. What you are saying, is it not, is that you cannot also exercise more than 1 hr c d on a split duty? I'm sure this was clarified with the CAA a few decades ago and I'm certain they said you could. Unless the EUOPS doc has been clarified I suspect some operators may not agree with that.

Mr Angry from Purley
27th Aug 2010, 17:00
ALL
Not sure if this is in the right home, asking engineers about FDP and discretion, their only interested when the next cup of tea is :ok:
The extension of 1 hr is on top of basic FDP and their are restrictions on amount of times in a week etc. The 2hrs is the normal day to day discretion.
Is split duty in SPQ?:\