PDA

View Full Version : Tecnam technical questions.

A37575
22nd Aug 2010, 12:22
Would appreciate any advice on the following questions by a Tecnam owner

The Tecnam Bravo is an all metal aircraft with all aluminium panels.

I have recently had a problem with small patches of corrosion appearing on the trailing edge of the panel around the left fuel tank where there is a fuel sender. There are seven spots of corrosion in this one panel in my 4 year old aircraft, and no corrosion anywhere else. The corrosion spots vary in size from a 5c piece to a 20c piece, being mostly the smaller size.

I have queried whether there are copper wires inside the wing at this point, as they could be the cause of the problem.

Tecnam's first response came back that I was not washing the aircraft weekly in accordance with their instructions!!

Any ideas you have on this problem are most welcome. I have heard of aluminium rudders being eaten away by copper anti-fouling on yachts.

Here is another problem I have recently encountered with the Tecnam. A noise has come through my Bose headset which sounds like a radar sweep. The beep is a bit like a reversing garbage truck. I have had the maintenance people check the engine for suppressors, and have also contacted the radio technician, who seems to think it is a mobile phone tower which is off frequency.

clunckdriver
22nd Aug 2010, 14:08
A37575, Sounds like Tecam learnt thier customer suport from Diamond, "Its always the customers fault!" You might have a Galvanic reaction going on, stray voltage from the fuel sender?