PDA

View Full Version : 737 aileron trim

2old2bold
17th Aug 2010, 12:37
Is 737 NG aileron trim, input throught feel and centering mechanism, accomplished through offset of ailerons away from neutral (or "re-defining neutral"), or through tab adjustment? In S/L manual flight is trim reflected in column offset? Classics as well? Thanks.

Gas Bags
17th Aug 2010, 12:41
Answer to everything is yes.

GB

B777Heavy
17th Aug 2010, 13:18
It redefines the neutral position. Column does displace. Try it on ground

reivilo
17th Aug 2010, 13:32
Has someone ever used it in flight or in the sim, apart from the before-start check? For instance when you've got a flap assymetry going on? Untill now I have only used the ruddertrim in assymetrical situations..

ImbracableCrunk
18th Sep 2011, 22:05
My company had an issue with a broken 737 flight spoiler actuator (or something caused 1 to stay stuck out). The brain trust got together afterwards to talk about how to handle the situation in the future. About half said, "Why not just use aileron trim?" and more than half said "No, just use rudder trim. You don't use aileron."

I would think the same would go for flap asymmetry, which every 737 pilot has trained for.

Would it make more sense to offset a flap issue or spoiler issue with some aileron trim or rudder trim?

It seems like aileron trim would relieve any force in the yoke, but it'd be canted at whatever angle needed to fly straight. Alternately, the rudder could be used and it would center the yoke. . . right?