PDA

View Full Version : Embraer 135/145/Legacy Touch & Go

balaton
8th Aug 2010, 21:16
Hi everybody,
A short question to Embraer drivers: What is your SOP and how do you execute a touch and go with these airplanes with regard of the auto-ground spoiler system ? (I.e: How do you deactivate the ground spoilers?)
Cheers,
b

zedoscarro
9th Aug 2010, 02:12
Hope this helps you out mate:

8.10.2 Multi-function and Ground Spoilers Deployment

After touchdown, the FCM will command all multi-function spoiler surfaces to the 40 degrees extended position and the ground spoiler surfaces to 60 degrees when the following conditions are simultaneously met:

— Weight on wheels on ground.
— Wheel speed is above 45 kts or airspeed is above 60 KIAS.
— Thrust Lever Angle (TLA) below 26 degrees

Following rollout, the spoilers will automatically retract when wheel speed is below 45 kts for at least 5 seconds. If the throttles are moved beyond 35 degrees (TLA) after landing, the spoiler panels will automatically retract. In the direct mode, ground spoilers are not available.

balaton
9th Aug 2010, 14:29
Yes, zedoscarro, I now the ground spoiler logic, but how one could practice touch and go landings when ground spoiler deployment is undesirable? (On Boeing planes you simply don't arm the speedbrake.)
b

zedoscarro
9th Aug 2010, 15:04
I simply dont know.
I would say "move the thrust lever to toga as soon as possible"

Love_joy
9th Aug 2010, 22:26
I don't have the company references to hand unfortunately, but in simple terms the PNF during the rollout pushed the Thrust levers forward till the spoilers retracted and at the same time reselected the flap. Once it was clear the flaps were in an appropriate position, and spoilers retracted we called "go" - thrust to the detent and off we went!

It's great fun flying circuits in big aircraft, enjoy!