PDA

View Full Version : global speed protection A320

foff
25th Jul 2010, 21:32
Hi,
Are there any A320s still programmed with NO GSP (global speed protection), i.e
FCU altitude set above the present altitude, if VFE overspeed occurs in final (recovery from above) then reversion to OP CLB (the auto go around !)

foff
26th Jul 2010, 11:43
Well It seems the old serial numbers are still like that. that aircrfat will do a go around for you in case you're a bit in overspeed in final, V/S (FPA) engaged !

zonnair
26th Jul 2010, 15:48
Does anyone have more info/a reference of this? Don't know this system and would like to read about it!

Superpilot
26th Jul 2010, 16:08
wow wow wow

How come none of the 6 A320 TRIs I've flown with haven't told me/demo'd this?

Very Airbus though. :ok:

foff
26th Jul 2010, 16:18
superpilot, if the aircraft or the sim you fly is fit with global speed protection, not even mention now cause its the standard, you can't demonstrate it and it is not even in the doc since airbus FCOM is associated to a serial nr. function of the career of the instructor, he might never have heard of it
ref FCOM 3.03.18 p 4 paragraph when above glideslope or the relevant chapter for reversions, provided the serial nr is quite small
or the FCTM (the envelope one) chapter 2, glide slope from above

Superpilot
26th Jul 2010, 20:58
Thanks for that.

Thunderbug
26th Jul 2010, 22:03
Foff

To answer your original question..... the outfit that I work for has 5 very senior Airbus A320 aircraft (MSNs<200) that still have this function.

From FCOM 3 - All you get is this small note..........

FCU ALTITUDE . . . . . . . . . . . . SET ABOVE A/C ALTITUDE

Note: Exceeding VFE will result in reversion to OPCLB

It is interesting to also note what happens when you have a similar event on the newer standard of aircraft

Note: When reaching VFE, the AP maintains VFE and reduces the V/S without MODE REVERSION.