PDA

View Full Version : JAR. TR current without having flown the real airplane in years and years???

Microburst2002
31st May 2010, 13:13
I thought that in order to revalidate a TR we needed to carry out 10 sectors in the type, but apparently this requirement is not needed. All you need is a check with a TRI.

My question is: can I maintain a JAR TR for ever, year after year with just a sim check, without actually flying the damned real airplane?

For instance, if I am a 737 pilot and find a job in the A300 in Asia, can I remain current in the 73 for years without actually flying it?

Moreover, I heard you can make a TR without the touch'n'gos in the real airplane. Is that right? If so, you could be a B777 pilot for ten years without actually having flown it even once!:ugh:

Am I wrong?
What am I missing?

Gulfstreamaviator
31st May 2010, 13:46
stupid as it sounds, you are complying with requirements.

nothing to say how you gain a few hours in the year,or your recurrent training.

glf

what next
31st May 2010, 13:55
Hello!

Moreover, I heard you can make a TR without the touch'n'gos in the real airplane. Is that right?

Maybe there are differences between JAR/EU countries, but here in Germany the landing training (minimum 6 landings) is mandatory. Otherwise the authortiy wil not put the TR on your license.

Gulfstreamaviator
31st May 2010, 13:58
so still YES you CAN.

as to initial, I did my Glf4 initial in SAV, on a D sim, and was issued with a UK CAA TR without any touching and going.

glf

Meikleour
31st May 2010, 14:15
Hi Micro,

The previous authority that I used to work under allowed ZFT (zero flight time) type ratings however it was a condition of the alleviation that the line training on the actual aircraft had to be commenced within, I think 10days, of the ZFT sim session and had to be completed with a Base Training Captain. So, whilst you would have satisfied the licencing requirements you would not have satisfied the airline`s AOC requirements.
( Schedule 9 versus Schedule 11 )

Microburst2002
31st May 2010, 14:19
I have a JAR FCL, which I don't know if it is current, where it requires either 10 sectors or a check ride with the TRE. Since everybody is going to make a sim check, wether they are currently flying or not, what is the 10 sector requirement for?? It is clear that this or is made to make TRTOs and Airlines happy.

The 10 sector would dissuade many desperate low houred frozen ATPL holders of getting a TR to increase their chances, which rarely does. Because they would lose it after a year without flying. However, they can be current for 20 years, just by doing a yearly sim.

It is good if you go far for a while in another type and you want to be current in JAR.

Anyway, seems the rules are made to benefit the TRTOs and airlines. TRTOs because they are selling ten times more TR courses than crews are going to be needed in decades and airlines because they don't pay that cost anymore, and they are even getting paid for the subsequent "line training". And then, get out, make room for the next guy.

This nonsense should be stopped by regulating the requirements for both TR and line training. Changing the rules so that only those pilots selected by an airline to fly with them (i.e hired) can get a TR would save a lot of money to many desperate people. These people would fight with each other for the privilege of being selected, and those successful would be sponsored or not by the airline, depending on the circumstances. But only the successful guys would have to get a TR! the rest, they would save the money and be in the same situation (unemployed).

ab33t
31st May 2010, 17:01
You will be current on TR bit not aircraft you would still have to do a certain amount of T/G to be current for airline work