PDA

View Full Version : 737 Questions

Speedwinner
28th May 2010, 07:25
Hello folks,

some questions which are keeping me busy;-)

1.Do you guys have a gate at which altitude you´re aiming to be abeam the field for flying a short line up at 5NM?

2.Concerning a flap failure on final. selecting gear down flaps 15. the flaps stop travelling at 5 and 10, the flaps are deactivated. You want to continue. Any gates concerning the speeds you´re now flying with? vref+55? And any value for the landing distance? Trying to sort my mind in such cases.

3.I want to land with 51t on a classic with autobrake 2 flaps 40. how long should the turnaround be minimum to get clearance of the brake cooling schedule? why does boeing not built in brake temp

4.Often we have the message "check fmc fuel qty" after starting the engines on the way to the runway. Do you know why this announcement or this malfunction exists?

5. in the OMB is written, that after a landing on contaminated runway also with standing water, a inspection has to be made. Means the flaps stay at 15 and we need maintaincance. What do you think about that?

Thanks folks

SW

Cough
28th May 2010, 07:57
1. 3000' speed reducing...

2. Why did the flaps fail? If it is between 5 - 10 then is there a possibility that you could get more flaps extended by taking a little more time?

3. How much reverse? Just check in your QRH. Nb this is all about brakes on speed, so if you roll a little with the auto brakes off then gently apply brakes, you can frequently do away with the schedule.

4. They haven't always done this, started with an FMC update that we had...

5. We used to taxi in, shut down and have a look at the sections of flap. If they were actually contaminated then we called then eng. Most of the time, they would be alright.

BOAC
28th May 2010, 07:57
A bit more info needed!
1.Do you guys have a gate at which altitude you´re aiming to be abeam the field for flying a short line up at 5NM?
What on earth are you doing at 5nm? Too far out for a visual and too close for an IAP. What distance out abeam the field?

2.Concerning a flap failure on final. selecting gear down flaps 15. the flaps stop travelling at 5 and 10, the flaps are deactivated. You want to continue. Any gates concerning the speeds you´re now flying with? vref+55? And any value for the landing distance? Trying to sort my mind in such cases.
Why the bold?

3.I want to land with 51t on a classic with autobrake 2 flaps 40. how long should the turnaround be minimum to get clearance of the brake cooling schedule? why does boeing not built in brake temp
Do you have a QRP? Answers in there.

4.Often we have the message "check fmc fuel qty" after starting the engines on the way to the runway. Do you know why this announcement or this malfunction exists?
Who 'starts engines' taxying out?

5. in the OMB is written, that after a landing on contaminated runway also with standing water, a inspection has to be made. Means the flaps stay at 15 and we need maintaincance. What do you think about that?
Good idea

de facto
29th Aug 2010, 11:45
If your flaps get stuck at any level except where you need them to be:E discontinue the approach/go around.
Just get the gear up and deal with config noise (if flaps jammed at or more than 15)until at a safe altitude then select the gear down again.
Make sure not to overspeed them.

Final approach is no place to read a Qrh and calculate landing distances!

citizensun
29th Aug 2010, 13:23
i am with de facto~
even you can memorize the Vref which is VREF 40 + 30 knots according to the QRH, you can not calculate the landing distance by your heart. no time to do that math on the final anyway~
just go around and give yourself another chance!