PDA

View Full Version : PA-34 Piper SenecaI and Commercial maneouvers?

AvEnthusiast
23rd May 2010, 07:05
G'day Gentlement;

I just wanted to know if commercial maneouvers such as Chandelles and Lazy Eights or Eight on Pylons are within the performance capability of PA-34-200 (Piper Seneca I). Can we carry out these maneouvers on this aircraft.

And have one more question. Regarding this 300 NM xcountry flight for CPL. Can it be like this:
Airport A-B 71nm
Airport B-C 95 nm
Airport C-B 95 nm
airport B-A 71 nm
or A-B-C-A
Regards,
AvEnthusiast

bfisk
23rd May 2010, 07:53
With regards to chandelles and lazy eigths: check POH for any specific limitations other than G-loading. I assume (note, assume) you should be allright. Eigths on pylons should be allright as it is a relatively gentle ground reference maneuver.

Your cross country trip is NOT allright for to be the "qualifier". ONE leg alone needs to be over 300 nm, and it must include 2 stops. Ie you can go A-B (301nm), B-C on the way back (151nm) and C-A (150nm).

I assume it's under FAA part 61 based on the nature of your questions...?

ab33t
23rd May 2010, 11:54
Those reference maneouvers are not executed in a twin or required for a twin rating either ppl or cpl . If you are thinking of doing both single and twin you will have to use a SE for the maneouvres you described and the me maneouvres the only one that is the same in both is steep turns

Dufo
23rd May 2010, 22:06
JAR-FCL states:
20 hours of VFR cross-country
flight time as pilot-in-command, including a
cross-country flight totalling at least 540 km
(300 NM) in the course of which full-stop
landings at two aerodromes different from the
aerodromes of departure shall be made

Total flight has to be at least 300 NM, not one leg of it.

AvEnthusiast
24th May 2010, 07:16
thank you guys. I checked the POH actually it doesn't say anything or any specific limitations. It only says no acrobatic maneovers approved for this aircraft (including spins).
So what I was considering that in most other aircraft POH when they post such a statment aerobatic maneovers then thay except the ones approved below. and then they put those chandelles and lazy eights down there and their speeds.
So I was thinking that if Chandelles and Lazy eights are considered acrobatic or semi-acrobatic maneover then won't be allowed. if they are not aerobatic then maybe we can do them. I know they are not required on a twin for CPL, but just want to know if we can perform those maneovers on it.

and regarding these 300 nm rules differe from country to country. there is no ICAO detailed expalanation for it?

bfisk
24th May 2010, 07:40
Turns out I was wrong about the 300nm qualifier: as others have said it depends on the jurisdiction.

FAR part 61 says "(i) One cross-country flight of not less than 300 nautical miles total distance, with landings at a minimum of three points, one of which is a straight-line distance of at least 250 nautical miles from the original departure point. However, if this requirement is being met in Hawaii, the longest segment need only have a straight-line distance of at least 150 nautical miles"

:)