PDA

View Full Version : Airbus 300-622 Power Settings

abf72c
22nd Apr 2010, 20:03
Is there anyone who knows the powersettings for A300-622 to maintain 250kts level with clean configuration? And how much power change is required to make 1000fpm, 500fpm Climbing and descending with 25 degree bank(vertical s1 and s2).

For ILS approach, what is the approach speed and the powersettings?

tubby linton
23rd Apr 2010, 01:54
If you look in the QRH section entitled flight with unreliable airspeed you should get some useful figures.

abf72c
23rd Apr 2010, 20:18
What is QRH? I'm very new here..:confused:

hetfield
23rd Apr 2010, 20:48
MS FS ....?

tubby linton
23rd Apr 2010, 21:44
Try asking here:
AVSIM Online - Flight Simulation, Flightsim, flight sim, flight simulator, fsx, fs10 (http://www.avsim.com/)

Trentino
24th Apr 2010, 03:33
oh my god, we need to develop some type of registration based on airline seniority or something along those lines.

barit1
24th Apr 2010, 13:56
The correct answer is:

IT ALL DEPENDS! :rolleyes:

abf72c
24th Apr 2010, 19:37
Thanks Tubby:ok:

I know it all depends. what I'm asking is just approximate figure.

enicalyth
26th Apr 2010, 15:02
A very large part of aircraft weight is fuel. Weight divided by L/D ratio gives you required thrust for straight and level flight under assumed conditions of air density etc. And exactly those conditions help define how sweetly the engines are running to their most efficient thrust delivery. You cannot simply ask for an average because there isn't one and at interview you will be expected to show this is so.

If you download the piano-x software from here Piano-X (http://www.lissys.demon.co.uk/PianoX.html)
one of the aircraft is the A300-600R. Set-up your flight parameters such as weight, distance, cruise speed, flight levels and run the detailed flight profile program. You can then pick off thrust setting in both %MCR, %MCL formats as well as metric or imperial values for various stages in your progress.

Similarly the point performance program shows when instantaneous performance reserves are not good! In fact all the programs in the package are easy to access and highly instructive and should give you the confidence you need at the outset of what I hope will be an enjoyable career.

The author of the programmes is widely respected and has included B787 and A380 in the give-away. Based on what I know of certain aircraft and his interpretation of them, his figures are remarkably close to life on the line. Close enough anyway for your purposes and mine too when I need something better than ball-park figures.

Try not to make your questions insubstantial because the answer "it all depends" is these folks' way of making you stand your questions up with some figures so they can be specific in their answers.

Best rgds

The "E"

tubby linton
27th Apr 2010, 11:28
If you tell us why you want the information you may find that you get a more specific answer!The -622 has P&W engines which use epr I think for power sertting.