PDA

View Full Version : Aviation And Emissions

Brian304
20th Apr 2010, 19:24
While were all sitting on the ground waiting for the act of god to go away, I would be grateful if some COMMERCIAL pilots (both recent and retired or unemployed) to answer some of these 'environmental' questions listed below for some research (private research, not public).

1)Are you aware of any 'fuel efficient' or 'environmental' departments within your airline? If so, please state of which departments your airline consists of.

2)Are there any policies or regulations that would make you operate the aircraft in a more fuel efficient way? If so, How? (e.g. SOPs, Ground Power).

3)Do you think any of the modern aircraft technological advances have increased fuel efficiency and flight safety? (E.g. EFIS and TCAS)

4)Are there any flying techniques that you often use to increase fuel efficiency/save fuel? (E.g. Gliding Approach) If you do please state how it is manourvered.

5)Do you usually comprise passenger comfort for fuel efficiency? If so, Please give an example of when you did.

6)What fuel efficient techniques do you use on the ground or during taxi? (E.g. APU, Ground Power, Air Start).

7)Do you think fuel savings from your flights could lead to a future salary increase? Please state how and why?

Thank you for your time guys, Take Care

Brian304:ok:

Piltdown Man
20th Apr 2010, 19:50
Do you believe in that there are fairies at the end of your garden?

How about a little respect?

PM

Dave Clarke Fife
20th Apr 2010, 20:37
Journo/troll/**** alert

Brian304
20th Apr 2010, 20:53
Piltdown Man: Nope not many fairies at my end, must be some in yours I guess, seeming that you enjoy playing with them so much.

Dave Clark Fife: Nope not a journo, If you see my previous posts, I am a B737 type rated pilot. The thing for this research is that i'm finishing off my masters degree currently and writing my dissertation.

angelorange
20th Apr 2010, 21:50
Times has printed a few column inches about the amount of CO2 saved by the current ash crisis over the EU. However, they fail to mention the additional CO2 from extra mobile phone, computer, hotel, taxi, ferry and HGV (freight) useage that has arisen.

Nor anything about how much CO2 has Eyjafjallajökull emitted?

Canuckbirdstrike
20th Apr 2010, 23:47
Go to the IATA website and review the Iata Fuel Efficiency Guide. Also go to the ICAO website and look up the WG4 CAEP committee work. that is a good place to start. Once you have finished that then start looking at the material published by Boeing and Airbus for more light reading.

AlphaEchoBravo
6th Jun 2010, 21:20
GSE manufacturers are working on that.
See www.jettracs.com (http://www.jettracs.com)