APPLICATION .................................withdraw

if NO continue with deferred items

If already called for interview

INTERVIEW ....................................refuse

if ALREADY INTERVIEWED

did you pass the interview YES or NO?

if YES

OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT .................refuse

This will prevent regrets and sorrow. Consider accepting only if really desperate or/and in extreme conditions i.e. bankrupcy.

if NO

continue with deferred items

deferred items

Keep your job and proceed with your normal life. Celebrate going out for a drink with friends touching the asses of as many girls as you can and cursing the government as you like.

Snake man
6th Apr 2010, 14:28
SMA,

That was actually really funny, well done!
Can you design a checklist for how to get out of here, once in?

SM

troff
6th Apr 2010, 14:48
Nice, but we are HAPPY here.
Try joining when you're unemployed or working for a winged money laundering operation.
Or shovelling snow six months a year...
I like it here.
If you don't, GO HOME!
Thank you.
T

sheikmyarse
6th Apr 2010, 14:52
condition

you find your self stuck in DXB

BANK ACCOUNT....................................empty
CAR....................................................sell

this may be prevented by the economical disaster

when in a LAYOVER

Uniform .............................................. fold on bed
Sign " keep discovering".......................... prepare and set

MAX VIS location is near the uniform.

Room ................................................. abandon

this may be prevented by many different factor i.e family

LIFE....................................................enjo y

sheikmyarse
6th Apr 2010, 14:58
You don't have to convince me... but your self.
Wish you a nice summer...believe me..better the showel!!

alwayzinit
6th Apr 2010, 16:30
Sheik mate didn't you leave??

White Knight
6th Apr 2010, 16:42
SMY - you're a painful person:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Nor am I trying to convince you - glad you're gone:ugh::ugh::ugh:

Oh yeah - what's a SHOWEL??????????

sheikmyarse
6th Apr 2010, 17:51
It's a hybrid between a shower and a shovel..mate. It is a new hitech shovel that when you are finished shovelling tranforms into shower... et voila!
Sorry if my english ain't perfect mate.
I wish I was so FOS that I could choose a nick name like yours... White Knight? WTF??? Who are you a KKC member?
I'm gone... I'm not gone... who knows?

sheikmyarse
6th Apr 2010, 18:03
You really don't appreciate what you have until you get something worse...habibi.

johnrico
6th Apr 2010, 18:23
Hello all,

Well I'm one that is hoping and waiting for a call from "E".
Let me explain, I've applied to every carrier here in the US. Regionals are hiring, but I have to many hrs.
They know that anyone with over 4,5,6000 hrs will jump ship as soon as another carrier offers you a position (cost to much to train n go). Airtran is only calling guys with over 9000+, or Fur. Midwest right now, same with Allegiant.
I've done foreign temp. contracts...good experience! But that has dried up also. China is at a standstill with certain A/C types....if you can belive that.
SO, with that said everyone is entited to thier beliefs and I for one am thankful to everyone that posts here.
So I'm one hoping and waiting for a call from "E"

White Knight
6th Apr 2010, 18:52
SMY - you describe a TOOL so well:E:E

troff
7th Apr 2010, 09:33
JR check your PM's

MATMAX
7th Apr 2010, 09:51
WK or maybe WC ,
for one time , a pilot knows about a tool ...
be careful not to make your white dress dirty with it...
SMY , jete un oeil a tes PM.
Salut.

Wizofoz
7th Apr 2010, 17:37
You realise that starting a new thread because you thought this one was deleted makes you look even stupider than these hysterical posts, don't you sheik?

MATMAX
7th Apr 2010, 23:37
he is just really pi..ed off of the s..t that has been put in front of him ... human factors ...do you know what i am talking about ?

Wizofoz
8th Apr 2010, 04:38
MAT,

He doesn't even work for EK any more.

I think it's all a massive rationalisation campaign to convince himself he's done the right thing leaving.

If he's in a better situation now, good luck to him. But is this cr@p really neccessary?

MATMAX
8th Apr 2010, 09:06
Wiz,
Yes , i think that sharing our experience is important , mostly to avoid others to do the same mistakes , thats how things are moving forward...
Who wants to create an airline with ex-ek ?

Wizofoz
8th Apr 2010, 10:58
Fair enough Max. So is Sheik wants to post sensible, factual information about EK, or anything else, he's welcome to it.

If he thinks what he is now posting is funny, he's wrong.

If he thinks it's informative (about anything other than his own Physcy) he is wrong also.

White Knight
8th Apr 2010, 12:43
Well Wiz - I suppose this is just the kind of thing Matmax would find funny!! Well, he is french after all:rolleyes:

Max - why on earth would I be wearing a 'white dress'???????

Snake man
8th Apr 2010, 12:47
Wizofoz,

This thread started out as a humorous, novel way for one man to express his feelings about EK. If you find it funny, smile. If not, move on. For reasons that are not quite clear, you seem to have turned it into something very personal.

With regard to your request for his posts to be sensible and factual, well quite frankly, if we were to apply that standard consistently, we might as well shut the whole site down.

In short, play the ball, not the man.

SM

Ps: With regard to your earlier post describing Sheikmyarse as "stupider"; the preferred comparative and superlative forms of "stupid" are "more stupid" and "most stupid".

MATMAX
8th Apr 2010, 13:57
ok so maybe Snake man is French too...
anyway , he appreciates SMY humor and he knows better than you how to write down your own langage.
WC : i know that you are a skipper on AIB A/C.
Can you please tell me where Toulouse is ?
oh , i was nearly forgotten , French should be written with a large F , you did not learn that at primary school ?
Last question : can you tell us about the clothes of a white knight , i am interested in it ?

White Knight
8th Apr 2010, 15:05
Mais Max mon ami - I'm very familiar with Toulouse thankyou very much, having flown in and out of there often enough over the years..

My apologies - French with a F not a f.. My fingers must have slipped:eek::eek: But really - why would I use a F for french, after all I am a "roast beef":}

I still don't know what a SHOWEL is - certainly not in the English dictionary. Then again Sheikhidiot writes better in my language than I do - maybe it's a new word that I've never heard of...
Besides - my cat's cr@p is funnier than sheikhidiot's ramblings:hmm::hmm:

Bon soiree
WK

Oh yes, my clothes... A hole where my head and arms go for the top bit and holes for my waist and legs on the bottom bit. That wasn't too hard for you was it???

MATMAX
8th Apr 2010, 15:44
Max mon ami , we are friends now ?
me too , i do not know what a showel is but luckily we are learning things everyday even if there are some people in the place you are living that are thinking that they know everything on everything and then are taking others for idiots.
now nice try with "bon soiree" but FYI soiree is female then you should say bonne...
May i suggest you to improve your French as you have some French colleagues and a misunderstanding in a cock pit can lead to a drama...
Everybody knows how French are bad with English langage so i am suggesting you to learn French.
Do not forget also that Airbus has many French employees , ah yes , you told me few months ago that you are not interested by another type of A/C so you are not interested to meet Field Reps on A380 ...
Now to finish with this because the Engineers & Technicians forum is really more professionnaly interesting , so i want to go back there , what can you tell me about Louis Bleriot and more specially what he did with the Bleriot XI and what some British journalists then said ?
about your humor about clothes , i would say that i have laughed at the same level than when i am watching a movie with Mr Bean.
PS: i can not read your answer about Toulouse , do you need my help ?
Good night.

White Knight
8th Apr 2010, 18:10
Toulouse - FLOWN IN and FLOWN OUT.. Difficult heh?

Bon, bonne - I couldn't care less AMIGO... No misunderstanding in my cockpit:E:E:E Frog or not....

White Knight
8th Apr 2010, 18:15
Bleriot? Is that the only famous frenchie you can come up with? Well, apart from the knobs like napoleon (small n, not N).... and sarkozy, just a really little man non?

Wish I was french:}:}:}:}:}:}

nolimitholdem
8th Apr 2010, 20:55
Wiz/White Knight (same person? shared brain? hmm.),

If he thinks it's informative (about anything other than his own Physcy) he is wrong also.

If you're gonna keep up the attacks on non-native English speakers use of the language at least get it correct yourself. I'm pretty sure you're trying to use the term "Psyche", to refer to someone's psychological state of mind. I believe your use of "stupider" has been noted already.

I don't normally play Language Police but it IS fun to point out hypocrisy, even if doing so in the Middle East is a bit unsporting, sort of like making fun of a retarded child. Which leads me to

If he thinks what he is now posting is funny, he's wrong.

You are entitled to you opinion, of course. But humour is subjective by definition so please do NOT pretend to speak for us all. I think sheikmyarse is pretty damn funny, both in content and the reaction he provokes. Why? Because there is more than a grain of truth and recognizability in what he says. The fact he irritates the believers is only a side benefit.

I think it's all a massive rationalisation campaign to convince himself he's done the right thing leaving.

Perhaps. But it seems like a lot of effort with not much payoff if that's the real motive. It would seem there is lot more rationalizing going on by a few who have chosen/have no choice but to stay. Which makes sense I suppose, when you have no choice you can only try and tell yourself it really isn't a **** sandwich you're choking down.

Look, we get it. EK and Dubai works for you (or you've convinced yourself of this somehow.) Whatever. Why don't you start your own thread stating this instead of tilting at someone who makes no secret of his opinion?

astronaute
8th Apr 2010, 23:23
@ WK or WC (restroom)

Bleriot? Is that the only famous frenchie you can come up with? Well, apart from the knobs like napoleon (small n, not N).... and sarkozy, just a really little man non?

Wish I was french

No You are just a fu:mad:k englishman, or british ( whatever ,a mongol from the other side of the Manche ( Channel) !

For the famous frenchmen and aviation, you can find out , about Clement Ader, the true inventor of Aviation, Roland Garros (I am not talking about tennis),St Ex,Guillaumet and quite few others.......What do you have in Mongoland ?:=

Last point, my english is not as good as yours, but your french is at light years of mine !!!

Ps I speak a third linguage, that means I am a trilangual and you just a gringo ! :rolleyes:

Wizofoz
9th Apr 2010, 04:50
Look, we get it. EK and Dubai works for you (or you've convinced yourself of this somehow.) Whatever. Why don't you start your own thread stating this instead of tilting at someone who makes no secret of his opinion?

So, if I did so, would no-one would post a dissenting opinion?

Or is dis-agreement on this forum now a one-way street? (Rhetorical question, as that seems to be the norm now.)

harry the cod
9th Apr 2010, 09:27
Oooh, without wishing to crap too much on the French, may I be so bold as to step into the fray.......................

First Flight by a Brit in 1909, by A.V.Roe, later establishing AVRO, one of the greatest names in aviation.

First carrier deck landing by a Sopwith Pup in 1917 onto HMS Furious.

14-15 June 1919. Alcock & Brown achieve the first non stop crossing of the Atlantic in a Vickers Vimy.

Same year, first scheduled daily international commercial flight anywhere in the World.

Amy Johnson's flight from Croydon to Darwin in 1930 marked the first such solo undertaking by a female pilot.

Winning of the 1931 Schneider trophy by a Supermarine S.6B ensured the trophy would remain in British hands into perpetuity.

First flight directly over Mt Everest in 1933 by a Westland PV.3

Although first 'attempted' in the USA, it was a British design that introduced the 'probe and drogue' method for today's mid air refuelling.

Some great British WW2 aircraft that impacted on an allied victory; Fairey Swordfish, Gloster Gladiator, Short Sunderland, Hawker Hurricane, Avro Lancaster, De Havilland Mosquito and of course, the Supermarine Spitfire. There are many others but there are few aviation followers who will not have heard of those mentioned above. Feel free to name just one famous French aircraft that flew in WW2.

1941, a gentleman by the name of (later Sir) Frank Whittle, recognised as the inventor of the jet engine. No, it wasn't the Germans.

Vickers Viscount became the first turboprop transport to fly in 1948. 445 were built serving more than 60 airlines in some 40 countries. ( A rare British commercial success I admit!)

1949, the De Havilland Comet became the World's first jetliner. ( Sud Aviation borrowed the forward section of the Comet as the design for their own carravelle cockpit). Although heavily modified, the legacy of this pioneering aircraft lives on today in the Nimrod.

World's first analogue fly by wire system, used on the Saro Princess 10 engined flying boat in 1952. Only one was built though...... a bit like the Bristol Brabazon in 1949!

1951 & 52, the birth of the V bombers. Vickers Valiant, Avro Vulcan and Handley Page Victor.

1952 also saw the birth of VTOL. The 'Flying Bedstead' was the testbed for the P.1127, the prototype and concept for what later became the Hawker Harrier (1960).

1954 was the year that the ultimate British jet fighter took to the skies, the English Electric Lightning, remaining in service until 1988.

Fairey Rotodyne became the first VTOL airliner in 1957. Seating up to 48 pax, it never made full production due to cost cutting.

The Blackburn Buccaneer low level stricke aircraft first flew in 1958. Designed originally for carrier based nuclear strike, the Buccaneer played a vital role in the 1991 Gulf War before retiring in '94.

The Hawker Siddeley Trident was the innovator of Auto-Landing. First flown in 1962, it carried out the first autoland in zero visibility in 66. A year later, the first whilst operating a commercial flight.

Representing the epitome of the British aircraft industry's flair for elegant yet functional design was the Vickers VC-10. First flown in 1962, it is still operated today by the RAF as a tanker.

Hunting, later to become part of the British Aircraft Corporation (BAC), designed and flew the 1-11 in 1963. Rugged and dependable, it remained in service into the 1990's.

Formation of the Red Arrows RAF aerobatic team took place in 1965. A legend and, in my opinion, the best team bar none.

Westland Lynx helicopter, 30 years in production form 1971 and holder of many speed records. Still in service today.

The Hawker Siddeley Hawk, a World beating jet trainer with more than 900 built. First flying in 1974 and operated by 19 different countries, the Hawk remains the benchmark for modern jet trainers.

BAe/AVRO 146/RJ. 1981, an aircraft with over 390 examples produced and known for low noise and excellent take off and landing characteristics. Fitted with 4 'engines' because that's all they could manage to fit onto the wing!

Panavia Tornado and, more recently, the EF2000 Typhoon. Built in collaboration with European partners. Which brings me onto my favourite aircraft of all time

....................... CONCORDE!

Even after its sad retirement, Concorde's memory lives on. An aircraft that changed the World, due ironically to Anglo-French collaboration. As is the case today with the Airbus A380 and other members of the Airbus family, European governments do not have the resources or funding to invest huge somes into single aircraft types. Dassault is certainly rare in this. So, rather than wasting time saying how much better we think we are all compared to other nationalities, perhaps we should appreciate the cooperation that took place between BAC and Aerospatiale in building an incomparable airliner that even the mighty Americans were jealous of.

Of course, the amazing Olympus engines that powered Concorde were British! ;)

Harry

astronaute
9th Apr 2010, 10:41
The first aircraft to be certified to CAT III standards was the Sud Aviation Caravelle, followed by the Hawker-Siddeley HS.121 Trident.

Autoland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autoland) :hmm:

astronaute
9th Apr 2010, 10:46
1952 also saw the birth of VTOL. The 'Flying Bedstead' was the testbed for the P.1127, the prototype and concept for what later became the Hawker Harrier (1960).

The Mirage III V (1962,Balzac), at least it was supersonic !

Dassault Mirage IIIV - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dassault_Mirage_IIIV) :hmm: x2

astronaute
9th Apr 2010, 10:57
Feel free to name just one famous French aircraft that flew in WW2

Dewoitine D.520

Dewoitine D.520 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dewoitine_D.520) :hmm:x3

astronaute
9th Apr 2010, 11:05
Amy Johnson's flight from Croydon to Darwin in 1930 marked the first such solo undertaking by a female pilot

Jacqueline Auriol
She earned a military pilot license in 1950 then qualified as one of the first female test pilots. She was among the first women to break the sound barrier and set five world speed records.

Jacqueline Auriol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacqueline_Auriol) :hmm:x4

harry the cod
9th Apr 2010, 12:20
Astronaute

Is that really the best you can do?

I asked you to name a famous French aircraft of WW2. Famous is defined as something 'known to many people' Dewoitine D-520 hardly rolls off the tongue now does it? -1 point

The Mirage IIIV never entered military service and only 2 were ever produced. So, although it was supersonic, it didn't get very far, did it! -2 points

Whilst the caravelle received certification first, the trident had actually done it first. Correct? -3 points

As for Ms Auriol, not only was she only 'among' the first women to break the sound barrier, she gained her licence 20 years after Amy Johnson had arrived in Darwin. Hardly a household name Ms Auriol! -4 points

I was always crap at French in school. My teacher always told me to try harder. You should too! Anyway, despite not speaking Frog, my wife still rates me as a cunning linguist. At least, I think that's what she told me last night ;)

Harry

BYMONEK
9th Apr 2010, 12:45
Harry

Don't be too hard on spaceman. He didn't disagree with you that the best aerobatic team in the World are the Red Arrows. I really think you should give him some credit for that at least! :ok:

Bus429
9th Apr 2010, 13:52
Thr MH 1521 wan't a bad aircraft, just bounced a lot. I think these willy waggling competitions should move to JB:E

sheikmyarse
9th Apr 2010, 15:25
No wonder mismanagement keeps screwing you..ahhahahah!!!
Oh wait did I spell screwing right??? Oh yeah...I did.
WK how many languages do you speak,..English and.....?

MATMAX
9th Apr 2010, 17:51
it looks like that i have started something interesting...
SMY , maybe WC can speaks also .... English or maybe Scottish or Irish or Welsh ... ?
I am still waiting for my answer about Toulouse , all of you Englishmen are politicians or managers not to answer ? it is starting with an F and finishing by an E ...
About Bleriot XI , i am going to put you to right direction : make some researches about : your "Daily Mail" and " England is no longer an island " ...
Now i do not have so much time to spend here.
We , Engineers , do not have so big rest as ...
PS : Harry , your wife told me the same stuff two days ago or maybe it was the one from WC ...
Now , can we go on in French , Mr Englishmen ?
last time i got some frogs legs , it was in UK ...
Liberte , Egalite , Fraternite ... come on William Wallace !

White Knight
9th Apr 2010, 18:11
Ha - what fun:}:}

Max - I'm sorry if you've lost Toulouse.. (Well - you keep asking me if I know where it is!) I used to enjoy sitting in the bars in town there in the old days, wasn't so keen on the 3 weeks I spent in Blagnac though - not so much to do around the airport, well, except for sim training... Oh sorry, must have just given the game away that I'm very familiar with TLS and surrounding area..
I do remember that the frogs serve beer in ridiculously small glasses - so much for the grand pression:ugh::ugh:
Well - I hope you guys manage to find Toulouse soon! Good luck!!

SMA - as long as I can order beers in several languages then that's all I need heh? Why learn another language when you don't need to.. Better things to do with my time:D:D You stick to writing little checklists to yourself:p

astronaute
9th Apr 2010, 19:38
Whilst the caravelle received certification first, the trident had actually done it first. Correct?

Trident G-ARPB carried out the first Cat 3B landing at Heathrow (28L) on 4th Nov 1966. At this time, she had done some 1500 auto-flare landings and many of her operating systems were already ARB approved (Cat 1). The Trident 1's were cleared for duplex Cat 2 auto approaches in 1968 with full Cat 2 Autoland approval on 7th Feb 1968. Triplex Cat 2 Autoland were cleared in Sept 1968. However, full Cat 3A ops were not approved until May 72 with Cat 3B following in 1975.
---------------------

The Caravelle had its first autoland test ( although in Cat 2 ), in 1962 and the first autoland in the US in 1964, and was certified to this standard in September 1964. First passenger airline to be authorized to do Cat 2 auto landings was Alitalia, in spring 1966. Cat 3 certification came in early 1967 and by that date, the Caravelle already executed 10.000 automatic approaches with 3500 that included automatic touchdowns as well.

astronaute
9th Apr 2010, 19:47
About the Red Arrows, not better or worse, than the Patrouille de France !:hmm:

MATMAX
11th Apr 2010, 04:48
WC,
"Better things to do with my time" ,
"sitting in the bars "
Thats how you spend your time ???
Are you alcoholic ???