PDA

View Full Version : IR Renewal

covec
26th Mar 2010, 19:42
Good evening, folks.

I last renewed my SPA MEIR nearly 5 years ago in the Flight Sim- about a month BEFORE the rules changed re alternating each renewal between aircraft and FNPTII.

You can guess the question:can I renew this time on the Flight Sim - again - and obviously next time on the aircraft - because I renewed before the Regulations changed.

I did email the CAA last summer but have had no response or advice. LASORS do not help either in the situation that I find myself in.

It is simply a question of cash.

Regards

Edited to remove FNPTII as it was a Flight Sim.

S-Works
26th Mar 2010, 19:54
Nope. Nice try though.
:ok:

covec
26th Mar 2010, 19:57
Bose-X - where did you get the definitive answer from?

Regards

S-Works
26th Mar 2010, 20:37
PM responded to.

madlandrover
27th Mar 2010, 00:32
And for the benefit of anyone else wondering about this, my understanding - based on asking IREs this 2 renewals ago - is that in any case only revalidations can be done in the box of horror, renewals must be done in the aircraft.

james1013
31st Mar 2010, 21:54
On the subject of IR renewals, does anyone have any good (cost effective) contacts for "man-with-seneca" in the oxfordshire/gloucestershire/south west area? or anywhere in UK for that matter, I'd travel for a really good deal :ok:

I need to revalidate in a twin before July 23rd and would like to hire said man-with-seneca for some GH and IFR flying and a test etc.

Obviously cost is important but any feedback of positive experiences is equally important.

S-Works
31st Mar 2010, 21:56
I do my ME IR renewals with On-Track at Wellesbourne. They have done it a number of years and offer great value and quality.

james1013
31st Mar 2010, 22:05
I did my FI ticket with On-Track so sounds like a plan, thanks for the info :ok: