PDA

View Full Version : FAA to JAA instructor licences

Whiteknight68
19th Mar 2010, 13:38
Hi All,

I have a FAA instructor licence (CFI and CFII) and would like to get a JAA instructor licence. What is the minimum required to teach in Europe?

Is only a CPL required or a CPL and IFR? Do I need to pass the ATPL theorie? I have no need for an ATPL and don't want to fly a BUS.

Thank you :ok:

Whopity
19th Mar 2010, 23:11
Firstly you need a JAA licensee, if its a PPL you cannot be paid, if its a CPL you can be paid.

You can add a JAA FI rating to either. You will have to complete the JAA FI Course which requires that you have demonstrated CPL level knowledge by having passed the JAA CPL exams. Depending upon your previous instructional experience the basic FI course can be reduced to a minimum of 15 hours flight training and 30 hours theoretical training. You then take the JAA FI test. You can add ME Instructor (CRI ME) and IRI by completing the additional courses of 5 hours flight instruction and 10 hours theoretical instruction for each rating.

Whiteknight68
20th Mar 2010, 13:14
Hi Whopity,

Thank you for the info.

I understand that to be paid I will need to get a JAA CPL and then the FI training.

:ok:

Whopity
20th Mar 2010, 16:57
Thats correct. You will find all the requirements in this Doc which relates to doing it in the UK, it may vary a bit in other Countries. http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/LASORS2008%20%28Bookmarked%29.pdf