PDA

View Full Version : Darwins cursed Hangar

Socket
16th Feb 2010, 22:01
Rumour has it that the cursed hangar over the drain has claimed another company.:sad:

Going Boeing
17th Feb 2010, 00:31
Please Explain !!!!!!!!!!!

captwawa
17th Feb 2010, 02:12
The hanger's not cursed. It has just been run by d$ckheads

AussieNick
17th Feb 2010, 02:12
some how I don't see them going under yet with the ammount of aircraft their still servicing...

goldypilot
17th Feb 2010, 02:27
which mob??? maybe give a better hint. like what side of the road they are on

Socket
17th Feb 2010, 02:39
Apparently were given marching orders from CA to vacate hangar for non payment of rent. A few other anxious creditors around too I hear.

AussieNick, they cant do it without a hangar.

Goldypilot, there is only one hangar you have to cross a drain (airside) to get to.

Blueskymine
17th Feb 2010, 03:59
I'm assuming you are referring to the old Australasian Jet hanger :ok:

huntsman
17th Feb 2010, 06:39
aviation is filled with companies that were busy till their last day.

it does NOT mean you're making money.

goldypilot
17th Feb 2010, 08:23
ohhh that hangar. cheers socket.

Howard Hughes
17th Feb 2010, 21:30
I'm assuming you are referring to the old Australasian Jet hanger
No he means the old NTAS hangar...:E

captwawa
17th Feb 2010, 22:05
I'm assuming you are referring to the old Australasian Jet hanger

Howard I think you mean the old NAC hangar, which was the old NTAS hangar.

How about some lineage? :)

Do all these guys go to the same business school?

What's that old joke "how do you make a small fortune in aviation?"

Not really a joke is it?

Howard Hughes
17th Feb 2010, 22:27
When I arrived in Darwin it was the NTAS hangar!;)

longrass
18th Feb 2010, 10:20
A monopoly has been won, I can see a few conpanes going out of business in the near future

Falling Leaf
19th Feb 2010, 03:25
For the rest of us (say 99%) who are reading this thread and are not standing airside at Darwin looking for drains, can someone please just say which company is going under?

Thanks.:E

The Wawa Zone
19th Feb 2010, 08:34
Isn't there a maintenance organisation in there ? Engineers going bust ??

You can still see the outline of the old NTAS sign :ok: on the south side of the hangar. The neighbourhood sort of went downhill since they closed.

Xcel
21st Feb 2010, 02:19
heard that owner of said hangar who also live in a cursed area of the airport are the ones putting the pressure on and it has nothing to do with finance...

:ugh: jealousy of other companies aircraft requiring 100 hourlies a bit more frequently than their own perhaps...

im sure they will come to their senses soon...

hehe good time for that rocky quote -

AAAAAAAAAAAADRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIAN

captwawa
21st Feb 2010, 07:08
Leaf

If you don't know you don't know

:cool:

aviation_enthus
21st Feb 2010, 11:37
heard that owner of said hangar who also live in a cursed area of the airport are the ones putting the pressure on and it has nothing to do with finance...

jealousy of other companies aircraft requiring 100 hourlies a bit more frequently than their own perhaps... Xcel -
Perhaps it also has nothing to do with service delivery and EVERYTHING to do with finance!

Shock horror, an aviation business getting itself into trouble financially! Not exactly unheard of is it?

Socket
25th Feb 2010, 22:23
Well its all over now, the hangar awaits its next victim.

Sort of reminds me of watching those old horror movies, suspicious noise in the dark basement, dumb blonde goes to investigate....NO NO DONT GO DOWN THERE....aaaarrrrggggh.

Wonder who the next 'dumb blonde' will be.

AussieNick
25th Feb 2010, 23:47
so where does that leave people who require maintenance? Some how I don't think the guys a MKT is equipped to handle the numbers that are sure to be coming his way

MakeItHappenCaptain
26th Feb 2010, 09:29
Batchelor?
(Airfield, not marital status...)

Xcel
26th Feb 2010, 10:10
They are still working.. just out of a smaller hangar for which they previously worked from... even closer to there new friends...

its funny that evictees still owns a good proportion of evictors aircraft.. that would be a strange relationship...

muddergoose
26th Feb 2010, 10:24
It might be a mutual agreement to overcome a third party:E

aviation_enthus
27th Feb 2010, 01:52
evictees still owns a good proportion of evictors aircraft..?? try three out of about 15!

Socket
27th Feb 2010, 20:49
Its a very muddy tangle of relationships but it is NOT the same company in the small hangar. I'm told CT is done and dusted with large debts. Mob in small hangar is rumoured to be operating under MO's old CofA. Second time for the small hangar.