PDA

View Full Version : The Planned March on Wootton

green granite
9th Jan 2010, 20:16
For those of you who think it's a bad Idea there's this petition:

Petition to: Stop the Planned March on Wootton Bassett by Islam4UK or any Similar Group. | Number10.gov.uk (http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/RespectWBassett/)

34,000 sigs already.

TacLan
9th Jan 2010, 22:46
No apologies for swiming against the current but I say let the Islam4uk march through Wooton Basset go ahead. Amongst other things, we are the defenders of freedom of expression, religion and speech, and as residents (I don't know if they are citizens) they should have the same freedoms as everyone else. This is what marks us apart.

However, If they get so upset about our way of life, It makes me wonder why they came here in the first place, I doubt that they would be afforded such freedoms where ever they came from.

What we don't have to do is take any notice. The public, the military and media should give them a damn good ignoring. Unfortunately, this won't happen, the media will have a feeding frenzy and it could quite possibly attract the extreme right and potentially end in violence, which would turn it into a highly damaging media orgy.

There is a lot of positive feeling towards the military at the moment, my view is that those serving and having served should act with dignity and reservation, otherwise we may play into their hands.

Just to clarify, prior to the event, I also thought that the BNP should have been given their moment on Question time. Look at the job he did!

OmegaV6
9th Jan 2010, 22:54
Vey much agree with TacLan .... but unfortunately the guy "organising" this is quite smart :(

He has ALREADY achieved his objective of front page headlines, and is GUARANTEED more of the same......

If the march goes .. there will be cameras by the ton and a massive counter demo that is bound to end in some form of public unrest/fight.... that will be all over the TV and Papers... and young impressionable muslims will be fed the "look what happens when we try to use our democratic rights to protest"

If the march is banned ... that will be all over the TV and papers as a "victory" for the "white non-muslim" ... and young impressionable muslims will be fed the "look what happens when we try to use our democratic rights to protest"

He is in a win-win situation from his view point, and whatever happens we .. the "normal people" .. will be the losers.

davejb
9th Jan 2010, 23:52
No march,
because the choice of venue makes it obvious that it's intended to insult the dead and their relatives - that isn't democracy, democracy is not about having the freedom to insult others and having no comeback, it's about having the right to make your own point without being stoned to death, as happens in some of the places involved in this argument. Democracy is a balance, and badly designed, but it essentially says that the individual has rights, and is allowed to speak up when they are transgressed, it is not about having some special ability to annoy, insult, defame, or otherwise injure others just because you think your views are more important than anyone else's.

Only complete idiots think democracy implies the right to do this sort of stuff - would it be okay to resurrect Hitler and stage a torchlight rally in Manchester?

They can march through my local town by all means, might help clear some of the snow and ice, in fact get the okay from the loony and I'll draw up a route and get some of the local roads cleared at last. Of course I'll ignore them (being a lazy old git I'd probably also ignore a march by the last 10 years worth of Playboy centrefolds, well, it's a good 200 yards to walk and this chair is pretty comfy you know?) - but choosing WB is a deliberate act to wind people up, and the options should therefore be (1) March elsewhere, or (2) Don't do it.

Dave

(Actually I tend towards the "p*** off where you came from if you don't like it here" school of thought, but I thought this sounded a bit more rational).

SilsoeSid
10th Jan 2010, 02:05
Apparently in the run up to this 'march', sales of balaclavas have increased throughout the land ;)

pr00ne
10th Jan 2010, 02:50
Oh brilliant! That's all we need, some arse like alisoncc advocating mass murder. You can stick your rose tinted never existed nostalgia where the sun don't shine.

The way to REALLY deal with this Islam4UK bunch is to treat their march through WB in exactly the same manner as a normal repatriation is dealt with.

If Islam4UK really feel so strongly about the many MANY Afghan victims, and that is indeed a noble cause, then honour their loss in a dignified way. Then see the idiots try and protest about "oppressive occupation."

Just keep those English Defence League half wit thugs well away from the place.

Wiley
10th Jan 2010, 06:02
Have to agree with Saskatoon. LOTS of piccies will be taken (by more than one agency, I'd suspect), to add to the already bulging database. Not possible, I know, but what would really be nice, after the event, would be for every marcher to prove his or her residency (and benefits) status. That, I suspect, would be interesting in the extreme.

As for the march itself, a well-briefed crowd, a retired RSM still possessed of his stentorian voice (maybe aided by a megaphone) - and a smartly-delivered order of "about turn!" (and absolute silence from the backs-to-the-march crowd - no exceptions) as the march approaches the high street would send a message (and provide a wonderful video clip) far more forceful than banning the march or a noisy counter demonstration.

Mr C Hinecap
10th Jan 2010, 06:19
There was a time when we didn't stand on ceremony. If something needed being done, it got done. When the Brits were the world's police force and few questioned how they went about it.

Congratulations - I don't think even BEagle has expressed fond memories of the British Empire. Should we subjugate a few more countries and rape their natural resources for our selfish gain? :rolleyes:

PTT
10th Jan 2010, 07:05
"I despise what you say but will defend to the death your right to say it" - Voltaire, 18th Century.

The principle still applies.

cats_five
10th Jan 2010, 07:09
<snip>
However, If they get so upset about our way of life, It makes me wonder why they came here in the first place, I doubt that they would be afforded such freedoms where ever they came from.
<snip>

Quite a few of the Islam4UK followers were born here - it was their parents who were immigrants, and far to busy building a new life to have time for religeous or political extremism.

winkle
10th Jan 2010, 07:19
Yep, let them march and enure we have lots of piccies of them and lots of very detailed checks on every single one of them. I also really like the back turning it sends a very clear message to the world, by all means have your march and we will show our thoughts on this and we will also take your piccies for posterity.
Absolutly no violence and no pigs or pig sh1t, just let them do it turn our backs include in that as many British muslims as want to come and show their disrespect at the marchers.
I dont reckon they will march its yesterdays news and he has made his point, pointless though it is - in my eyes (opinion)
Happy new year

dallas
10th Jan 2010, 07:34
Their principle is flawed - the Wootton Bassett repats are apolitical, while Islam4UK is only choosing to march through WB for extra political capital, and that's where their argument is both flawed, but equally highly inflammatory. Personally, I don't think Choudary is ever planning to go ahead with it, and has scored enough points by simply tabling about the idea, but if he does, he'll want - expect - lots of publicity, and while the media are obliged to report, the WB community would do best to give it a good stiff ignoring, or as a sign of protest perhaps turn their backs to the 'parade'. If Choudary is intent on going ahead, he's already anticipated a far right reponse and it would be a pity to see the equally repugnant other extreme field a side and watch WB become known for its race battles and not for the impromtu and apolitical marks of respect it shows on behalf of the majority of the nation.

cazatou
10th Jan 2010, 08:47
Mr C Hinecap

The British Empire still exists - although the "Colonies" are now British Overseas Territories.

Anguilla, Bermuda, British Antarctic Territory, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Falkland Islands, Gibraltar, Montserrat, Pitcairn Islands, St Helena, Ascension Island and Tristan da Cunha. There are also the Sovereign Base Areas of Akrotiri and Dhekelia on Cyprus.

Fond memories of some of the warmer ones!

blimey
10th Jan 2010, 12:18
Congratulations - I don't think even BEagle has expressed fond memories of the British Empire. Should we subjugate a few more countries and rape their natural resources for our selfish gain?

Is that the same Empire that resisted the Nazis? You're not advising New Labour on what should be taught in the curriculum, are you, Mr Hinecap? Let's rewrite a bit more history then we can all feel so guilty.

Al R
10th Jan 2010, 12:52
Strange how the curtain twitchers of Bassett who grieve for those who fall fighting for free speech thousands of miles away, seem not to want it on their own doorsteps. The fact that they seem to think they are the arbiters and bastions of liberty and free speech says more about them than anything else.

Not in my name folks. I don't need the likes of you to be 'affronted' and 'outraged' on my behalf.

sled dog
10th Jan 2010, 15:57
How about pointing out to them that they would be free to march through Colchester around 23:00 on any Saturday night ? I am sure the lads leaving the pubs would not be wearing their Red Berets...........

Capetonian
10th Jan 2010, 16:02
What I fail to grasp is why, if they have a problem with the 'war', they don't march on Westminster/Downing Street/Parliament to express their grievance to those who are responsible.

The good citizens of WT are innocent and aggrieved bystanders in all this.

On second thoughts I do know the answer. They'd rather go for a soft target. Two words beginning with 'c' come to mind, and neither is complimentary.

Mr C Hinecap
10th Jan 2010, 16:38
blimey - an excellent post that almost managed to slot me in with the Nuremberg Trials and the denial of the Holocaust.

I bet you think we'd have managed to win WWII without the Americans as well don't you?

SASless
10th Jan 2010, 17:05
Hows about organizing a "Bring yer Piggy To Town" day.....make it an all day event....set up a few tents....sell Pork Sauages, Sauerkraut and Pork Knuckles, Ham sandwiches, lots of beer, contests like "Best Dressed Pig", Hog Calling (get some folks from Spivey Corner, North Carolina to join in!).

It would be a hoot....really!

isaneng
10th Jan 2010, 17:13
Lots of activity in WB this afternoon - police and civilian, but no real idea what's going on. Anybody got better info?

Avitor
10th Jan 2010, 17:16
I jest but, I think it would be a scream if the BNP en Mass were there to greet them.

Surely Wooten Basset is a venue where the utmost respect to our fallen should occur!

I agree with very little that Brown does but would I not express that at Wooten Basset.

OmegaV6
10th Jan 2010, 17:28
Isanaeng... not sure what was happening. but this may have something to do with the "activities" down town

Wootton Bassett fury at today's march rumours (From This Is Wiltshire) (http://www.thisiswiltshire.co.uk/news/4843227.Wootton_Bassett__fury_at_today_s_march_rumours)

and

BREAKING NEWS: Police alert over Islamic march in Wootton Bassett this afternoon (From This Is Wiltshire) (http://www.thisiswiltshire.co.uk/news/4843194.BREAKING_NEWS__Police_alert_over_Islamic_march_in_Wo otton_Bassett_this_afternoon/)

blimey
10th Jan 2010, 17:39
I bet you think we'd have managed to win WWII without the Americans as well don't you?
Probably why I said resisted the Nazis, Mr Hinecap. I don't think the Americans could have done it without the Russians; and for either, the job would have been so much more difficult were it not for the sacrifices borne in 1939-41.

Molemot
10th Jan 2010, 18:01
Well said, blimey...a glance at the WW2 casualty figures proves the accuracy of your point.

Mr. Hinecap..accepting that the British Empire did subjugate the native populace of many nations, this is not regarded by all as a bad thing...when interviewing asylum claimants I was several times asked "Why do the British not come back and run our country properly, like they used to?" I suppose everything is relative...didn't have an answer to that question, considering the desperate place they were trying to escape.

vecvechookattack
10th Jan 2010, 20:21
It would appear that its all off

BBC News - Islamic group cancels anti-war protest plans (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8451014.stm)

dead_pan
11th Jan 2010, 12:19
As if it was ever going to take place in the first place. Islamicphones4UK have got all the publicity they were seeking - its a shame the media didn't restain themselves a bit.

sikeano
11th Jan 2010, 12:58
what a shame,this was called off, I was going to set a stall, selling horse manure and used shoes (:

Back to pub now sob sob sob

SASless
11th Jan 2010, 13:13
Multi-culturalism and Diversity is great idnnit!:ok:

stackedup
11th Jan 2010, 14:27
They must of heard that UK Border Force would be there checking immigration status!:ok:

vernon99
11th Jan 2010, 14:41
Did someone mention diversity??

To quote Life of Brian, scene 3

MANDY: Ohh, I hate wearing these beards.

BRIAN: Why aren't women allowed go to stonings, Mum?

MANDY: It's written. That's why.

HARRY THE HAGGLER: Pssst! Beard, madam?

DONKEY OWNER: Oh, look. I haven't got time to go to no stonings. He's not well again.
[hee-haw hee-haw]

HARRY THE HAGGLER: Stones, sir?

MANDY: Naah. They've got a lot there, lying around on the ground.

HARRY THE HAGGLER: Oh, not like these, sir. Look at this. Feel the quality of that. That's craftsmanship, sir.

MANDY: Hmmm. Aah, all right. We'll have, uh, two with points and... a big flat one.

BRIAN: Could I have a flat one, Mum?

MANDY: Shh!

BRIAN: Sorry. Dad.

MANDY: Ehh, all right. Two points, ah, two flats, and a packet of gravel.

HARRY THE HAGGLER: Packet of gravel. Should be a good one this afternoon.

Caspian237
12th Jan 2010, 06:10
The best outcome would have been to ignore these nut jobs and let them get on with whatever they were planning within the bounds of UK law (which in the end turned out to be nothing).

We really didn't need all these politicians expressing their sham outrage or the media charging in like demonic children with fire crackers.

Utrinque Apparatus
12th Jan 2010, 09:22
Classic Psyops. Maximum result for minimum effort on the part of these particular hypocrites. Any Muslim fundamentalist group anywhere now knows they can insult us with impunity. The Law is in effect toothless as regards political correctness and bias in their favour, against the general law abiding majority. However, keep publishing their abusive, racist, bigoted views and photographs and put them on television at every opportunity. Their obvious gargantuan stupidity, naivety and gullibility is only matched by the danger they pose to peaceful Muslims worldwide, not the non Muslim community. We can handle the fanatics on the field, with political balls to support us in the military operation, and hearts and minds campaign. Forget the pc approach and take the gloves off at home first.

Choudary and Bakri for just two examples of these arch-typical loudmouthed Muslims are sponging, hypocritical liars and cowards, protected and paid for by the British taxpayer. If they are happy to let us feed, clothe and house their wive(s) and kids then they should have the courtesy to humbly thank us for doing so, since their own countries of origin would see them starving and on the street. You would think they would have some pride

soddim
12th Jan 2010, 10:04
BBC News - Government to ban Islam4UK under terror laws (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8453560.stm)

So now they're banned. Is that like a super Asbo? Recognition they do not deserve - their street cred magnified.

They need to be deported not banned.

course_profile
12th Jan 2010, 12:08
Until they were banned islam4UK were part of the law abiding majority, a lot of people just don't agree with their point of view.

If they are UK citizen where do you suggest deporting them too? or should we just kick out anyone who makes you feel uncomfortable?

History is littered with agitators, some good, some bad..plenty of people would have had Martin Luther King locked up, Nelson Mandela was locked up, as far as these guys are concerned they are right, we are wrong and they have every right to express that in a non violent manner, however repugnant you or I find it.

Martin Luther used Wittenburg Cathedral, these guys wanted to use Wootton Bassett....the location of your protest makes a point. Maybe any anti government marches should be held in Leeds to keep them out of Westminster. Taken in isolation this march would have been an expression of free speech, and thats what were fighting for isn't it?

dolphinops
12th Jan 2010, 17:02
They'll be back tomorrow rebranded.

New Islam4UK

Now where have we heard that before.......:p

course_profile
12th Jan 2010, 17:04
Well, until islam4UK was banned they were part of the law abiding majority...

The location of a protest is just as important as the message, why else would the fox hunting lobby march through london and not coventry?

History is full of agitators, some good some bad, lots of people would have had Martin Luther King locked up, Nelson Mandela was locked up. We might find their view odious but I find the idea that anyones should have their right to effective legal protest denied even more odious.

Deport them to where? I'm sure plenty of members of islam4UK are British. Nick Griffin is British and he promotes an equaly racist message as islam4UK...do you want him deported, or is it because they look funny?

Utrinque Apparatus
15th Jan 2010, 13:50
Islam4UK a part of the law abiding majority ? :hmm:

Just read the provocation and bigotry on their websites. There is a clear difference between freedom of speech and the racist bile put out by scum like Bakri and Choudary. Their tactics were clearly designed to incite violence, because had their antagonistic little stunt taken place there would have been blood in the streets - all of it "Muslim" I would suggest.

It hypocrisy in the extreme for Choudary and his fellow I4UK scum to cry foul after their treacherous behaviour and the depths of the puerile rubbish emanating from their fairy tale websites..

However, just try walking through London tomorrow with a banner proclaiming "Death to all Muslims", and "Muslims are Murderers and Rapists" and count the steps you take before you get banged up. So the hate filled rants of Muslim groups are accepted in principle because "that's what Muslims do", is it ?