PDA

View Full Version : 737 Master Caution Recall

Behind the 8 Ball
7th Jan 2010, 03:07
This is a question about master caution recall after start.

As I recall there are 5 (Classic) and 6 (NG) systems that the annunciator light will extinguish after master caution Recall then Reset after start.

The additional system in the NG is PSEU, and I think Zone Temp applies to both variants. I forget the other 4. Anyone out there care to take a shot or even better point me to a reference?

Extract from the QRH

After engine start and prior to takeoff, illumination of Master Caution
annunciator lights or red and amber caution lights require completion of the appropriate non-normal checklist. In certain cases, amber system monitor lights illuminate during the Master Caution Light recall to inform the Flight Crew of a failure of one element in a redundant system. If system operation is maintained by a second element, the amber system monitor light will extinguish when the Master Caution Light is reset. In these situations, the amber caution light alerts the Flight Crew to the fact that normal system operation will be affected if another element failure occurs. If an amber caution light illuminates during recall, but extinguishes on Master Caution reset, completion of the non-normal
checklist is not required.

Thanks in advance.

Behind the 8 Ball
7th Jan 2010, 08:35
OK, found Mach Trim, Speed Trim, Auto Slat. As well as Zone Temp and PSEU (NG only)

Anyone know if there is another?

Flight Detent
7th Jan 2010, 10:33
Doesn't 'Zone Temp' only apply to -800 and -900 airplanes, not all NGs, unlike PSEU which applies to all NGs?

Just a thought...

FD

Lazy skip
7th Jan 2010, 11:16
I thnk another one could be GPS light, will go out after a single sensor failure upon reset.Same story for PACK light for single controller failure.

Sciolistes
7th Jan 2010, 11:18
"Anyone know if there is another?"
Pack

Behind the 8 Ball
7th Jan 2010, 23:21
FD you may be right I only fly the -800,

GPS is the other one thanks Lazy Skip.

and yes just checked PACK and it will indicate that it has reverted to the standby pack controller thanks Scoilistes.

So thats 5 for the classic and 7 for the (NG/800??)

Thanks all
8 Ball