PDA

View Full Version : FAA ppl checkride in europe

lars1
30th Dec 2009, 20:22
Is it possible to do a FAA ppl-a sel checkride in europe, norway, with a norwegian registered private owned c150? All aeronautical experience is met and written test. Just missed out to do the airpane checkride before I left usa last year when my visa expired. FAA CFII and JAA CPL+IR copter.

Thanks. Lars

lars1
30th Dec 2009, 21:24
Thank you sir, that was a quick reply.

For the TSA, the airplane school (not the same school as I did my copter training) said it was okay that i did not need a new tsa clearance. Because that is only needed for initial pilotlicence and IR. I already have both, in helicopter though, but it is still a FAA pilot licence. Checkride date was booked. The examiner that I was gonna have looked over all paperwork and logbook before I left usa xmas 2008. Papers were ok. Agree on that I dont need tsa?

Written is good for another year.

Yes, I will for sure need the 3 hrs in 60 days.. I know a few norwegians with FAA cfii-a guys that can give me that, and the endorsement.

But can I do it here in a Norwegian registered plane, in norway? Remember reading something about that in the FAR, but all of that is long gone from my brain:ugh:

421C
31st Dec 2009, 10:19
Lars,

It is possible to do FAA checkrides in Europe. There are 2 examiners available (you can find their details on the FAA website, search for examiners under the NY IFO) ; one rotor wing, one fixed wing.

The fixed wing DPE's website is here:
Return Home (http://www.rnav.us/)

You should contact him. Doing an FAA checkride in Europe is no problem (if you comply with the various requirements) but the DPE's travels may not take him to Norway often.....

brgds
421C

lars1
31st Dec 2009, 12:04
Thanks, 421

In the DPE`s application form it says:
US Aircraft Registration & Type

So that means FAA require a N-reg aircraft to be used? hmm, maybe I`ll just call the DPE and ask him directly..

I am planning to buy and conduct checkride in a c150, and that plane is not mentioned under aircrafts on the FAA website. Problem? It should not be, cuz TR is not required under FAA.

I don`t have time to call him now. Think I`ll just delay it until next century:ok:. Happy new yr guys.

S-Works
31st Dec 2009, 12:09
As I understand it Tom H does not yet have a JAA CPL and as such is not allowed to conduct remunerated training/skill tests in anything but an N reg aircraft. Last I heard was he was sitting the CPL exams.

And I think you mean next decade not century...... :ok:

lars1
2nd Jan 2010, 09:16
Thanks for input guys. I have decided not to do it with capt Thomas P Hughston.