PDA

View Full Version : S Norfolk to Popham

stiknruda
11th Dec 2009, 21:13
Chaps,

Need to get mysellf down to Popham in the next couple of weeks to collect an aeroplane.

If anyone is making a similar trip I'd be more than happy to abide within the cost sharing rules and help out.

You'd get to land at at a private grass strip, take me down to Popham. On the return leg (because the aircraft that I am collecting can't haul the load of paperwork/paraphenalia that it has accquired) we could do some gentle pre-briefed close formation (I hold a CAA DA with all formation privileges, inc aeros - before pedants/fun Police holler).

Anyone interested?

Stik

Pitts2112
13th Dec 2009, 00:47
I would highly recommend taking Stik up on his offer/request. He's a thoroughly nice chap, so good company on the dual leg, and an extremely competent Stik. That, and he's got a darn nice place out in the Stiks which is well worth stopping by for a look.

You get all of that, plus the opportunity to fly in company with a very special little airplane on the return leg. All in all, a chance not to be missed!

Der absolute Hammer
13th Dec 2009, 05:10
Wish I had an aeroplane and a current Class 1. It would be worth doing just for the fun of it, let alone for the 'buzz' next airshow season. You'd probably not look out of place in a Biggles flying helmet.

stiknruda
13th Dec 2009, 18:12
Have been contacted by several people with offers of assistance. Will let you know how we fare once Pitts 2112's magnolia bipe is safely at mine.

Regards,

Stik