PDA

View Full Version : Mnps Adsb

737ngpilot
3rd Dec 2009, 00:13
Do flights in the Atlantic that are ADS logged on have to do position reports.

Thoughts on engine fail in MNPS. Do you off set 15 miles ,dive down below MNPS airspace then divert, or drift down. I guess this might depend on where you alt. is

On an FMS airplane we check the IRS error at the end of the flight, what is the limit if any.

I recall on airplanes with only INS's and IRSs we could not exceed 2miles/hour before it was a maint write up, is that the case on FMS airplanes

Henry VIII
3rd Dec 2009, 06:54
Negative, ADS logged on acft receive communication "no voice report required on xyz OCA". The only mandatory HF communication is to estabilish contact and selcal check.
Offset 15 Nm then dive blw MNPS airspace then divert. Drift down if environment requires it.
IRS limit is ususlly on acft manul, OM Part B.
On my current acft there is a graph where to find the position error against the nav time in hours. According to the graph the result may be within the limit, to be verified on the next 2 flights or to remove immediately the affected IRU.

737ngpilot
3rd Dec 2009, 19:43
Thanks Henry VIII
In my manual there are no limits on IRS error, of course that does not mean there isn't one. Anyone out there driving 737NG around with a limitation on IRS error