PDA

View Full Version : Accelerated IMC Training

Stapleford 2007
11th Nov 2009, 08:04
Can anyone recommend a flight school offering fast track IMC course over several days. The usual basis of flying once a week at weekends along with other committments mean that I will not get this done for a while. However, if I can go to a flight scholl over a few days and get this done, then I am sure that will be better for me.

Thanks

Duchess_Driver
11th Nov 2009, 08:23
Check your PM's.

nakuru flyer
11th Nov 2009, 19:02
West London Aero Club at White Waltham. Very pleased to help. Call us:ok:

DBisDogOne
11th Nov 2009, 20:46
Can recommend Clacton Aero Club (predictably at Clacton on Sea!!!!!), they do a week long IMC course - cheaper than most too, includes basic B&B accomodation.

I did my IMC there this summer, nice aircraft, great instructors, good old-fashioned club atmosphere, VOR (CLN) 5 miles away, Southend 15mins away for approaches, not too busy so can usually get slots when required. Little grass strip so no waiting in the hold/general delays, pretty cross-windy but that's all part of the fun!

If you call them, ask for Chris or Jo who do most of the IMC's. I don't have the number to hand so Google CAC.
PM me if you want more info.

Captain Stable
12th Nov 2009, 13:43
Blackbushe Aviation @ EGLK

markuu
12th Nov 2009, 17:41
I did exactly that at Exeter (EGTE) with Aviation South West in September this year and would have no problem in recommending them. (I have no business or other interests there and am not on a commission :))

Stapleford 2007
13th Nov 2009, 12:32
<P>Markuu,</P>
<P>Manythanks for your input. Are yuo able to provide further details e.g. how many days, what pre-course preparation you had to undertake, accomodation etc?</P>
<P>Thanks</P>

pmh1234
18th Nov 2009, 21:27
I recently did my IMC rating with The Great Circle based in Full Sutton. For me it was essential to make it a fast track course. I'm from Denmark with a UK license. I had one week off from work and travelled to York on a Friday evening. I started training Saturday. The following Tuesday I had all my training done and was ready for the skill test. The price paid was exactly same as written on the internet.
The training aircraft was an older piper with a newer engine and basic required instrumentation. Instructor was very good and experienced with several 1000 flying hours instructing on small planes. The school is based on a small airfield with no waiting to get airborne. All approaches were flown at Humberside.
Before going there I studied the Oxford CD. I stayed at a very nice BB closeby.
I did my PPL in Florida. It is new to me to have training done on promised time and price. :ok:

vanHorck
18th Nov 2009, 22:11
Modern Air at Fowlmere EGMA, 01763 208281 ask for Derek Gunning, best instructor you could wish to have!

Approaches are flown into Cambridge , Fowlmere is just 2 miles from Duxford so if you have the time, the museum is worth a visit!

moona
19th Nov 2009, 08:24
Have heard good things about the package from Jersey Aeroclub. :ok: