PDA

View Full Version : Romania CAA

jxc
31st Oct 2009, 21:14
Well what can I say very pleasant went in to their offices at Banesa Airport and ask If i could get hold of Romania VFR charts waited 5mins and and given FREE OF CHARGE the 3 charts covering the whole of Romania :D:D

Was very surprised as was expecting silly charges like the UK Caa

vanHorck
1st Nov 2009, 07:52
Out of curiosity, what type were they? Who s the printer? Are there up to date Romnian VFR charts available now or are they still the old UK MOD ones?

jxc
1st Nov 2009, 08:52
They are Jeppesen charts 2.0/2009

byteworks
1st Nov 2009, 09:15
Unfortunately these charts are pretty much unusable for VFR because of their low amount of terrain visual references, starting from natural features like rivers, lakes, peaks etc. to villages, cities, roads. More, they have errors, even big aerodromes badly placed, so take care.
I am surprised you got them for free, we are paying something like EUR 30. Here is the shopping page (http://www.traznet.ro/index.php?page=shop.product_details&category_id=34&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=18&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=189&vmcchk=1&Itemid=189) from a local store.

jxc
1st Nov 2009, 10:52
I did try to explain that here in the uk they would be asking for you to drop your trousers and brace :eek:

byteworks
1st Nov 2009, 17:13
Why? I see "CAA 1:500,000 UK Chart Complete Set" at about £36 which is not that different I would say.

jxc
1st Nov 2009, 17:45
I did try to explain that here in the uk they would be asking for you to drop your trousers and brace

English sense of humour !

I always have the GPS with me

byteworks
2nd Nov 2009, 05:11
Agree. Romanian local Garmin map ROAD (not CN Europe NT) is topo and has wonderful details, coupled with Jepp airspace/database on map or GPS will work great.