PDA

View Full Version : Proof of passing exams

fire-fox
26th Oct 2009, 08:23
Hi, please feel free to move this post if it's in the wrong area,

I am currently studying for a PPL (A) at airfield XXX, but thinking of doing an intensive ground school at airfield YYY. And was wondering if any one could explain how XXX would let YYY now if I had passed the exam and what proof I would have of the results.

thanks

bfisk
26th Oct 2009, 08:47
At least in the two countries I've done written exams in (US and Norway), the Authority holding the exam (FAA in the US and the NCAA in Norway) will issue the documentation directly to you. In the US, the report was printed from the test center instantly, while in Norway it arrived by mail after about a week or so.

fire-fox
26th Oct 2009, 08:53
ok thanks, sorry i missed out that in this case both are in the uk

DFC
26th Oct 2009, 10:48
The PPL Application form page 2 has a section for recording details of the examinations passed. This form should be complted by the RTF/FTO you are leaving showing what you have passed.

If you have sat an examination and failed but not yet taken a second attempt, the examiner will have provided you with a "notice of failure" form and will have sent a yellow copy to SRG. Provide the notice to the other RTF/FTO where you want to re-sit the paper so that they do not give you the same paper again.

Whopity
26th Oct 2009, 18:19
The form is here, make sure the examiner signs it:http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/SRG1105FF.pdf

fire-fox
26th Oct 2009, 19:48
thanks very mutch