PDA

View Full Version : Adam A500 may be resurrected

Lordarpad
24th Oct 2009, 18:33
New Adam owner mulling production options : AIN Online (http://www.ainonline.com/ain-and-ainalerts/aviation-international-news/single-publication-story/article/new-adam-owner-mulling-production-options/?no_cache=1&tx_ttnews)[story_pointer]=4 I am happy that this is possibly going to happen abut disappointed that it will be a turboprop. I think it would be a great plane with diesels, but I admit that we will probably have to wait a few more years for flight diesels to really make their breakthrough, especially in this power range.

IO540
25th Oct 2009, 10:01
I don't think anybody will market a diesel plane anytime in the next few years, unless they are really bold...

It is probably the future for Europe but with the Thielert debacle one would be a fool to risk it until there is a proven engine.

Especially given that the major market (the USA) has no avgas issues, and will probably move to lead free avgas at some stage.

It's different for Diamond - they have no option but to press on with diesels. And they cover their bets in the US market by selling avgas versions out there.

Lordarpad
25th Oct 2009, 20:37
Well, Thielert at least are producing again and did not actually have to lay one person off. main customer ssems to be military though at the moment. OTOP, a turboprop A500 could be just the ticket for my needs ;) Now where to find the money ...