PDA

View Full Version : ANY ERJ 170/190 operators

Jimmy Macintosh
9th Oct 2009, 06:28
If this feels like a case of deja vu, it is, I'm just widening the search :O

Hi, this is a complete shot in the dark but I'm trying to get a contact/contact name of someone who works for the engineering side of an ERJ170/190 operation in the US.

I work for an Aerospace company that designs and analyzes aircraft. We have an analysis requirement where we need access to an ERJ 170/190 for about 6 hours, this can be anytime of day or night, and we promise not to leave a mess.

I can get more specific as necessary but for the moment I'm just trying to find out if anyone here may be able to help.

PM me if you prefer.

Thanks in advance.

JM.

Jimmy Macintosh
9th Oct 2009, 19:42
Maybe a little more explanation is required, or maybe no-one here is involved in ERJ 170/190 ops :)

We're trying to establish a baseline for acoustic analysis of a tailcone. So we'll basically be setting up a short acoustic vibration test of the tail cone, it will be a series of microphones and a shaker or two, it will be non destructive and in all honesty you'd probably never know that we were there once we've gone. The guys doing it are complete professionals and have been involved in all manner of tests from the space shuttle, various launch vehicles, the F117, B2, both JSF candidates etc.

We're not necessarily asking for the access to be free, but first we need to find one we can get access to.

Thanks.

azdriver
9th Oct 2009, 19:54
hi, pm me.
I might able to help depending on location.

Regards
azdriver

FE Hoppy
9th Oct 2009, 21:35
Have you talked to Hamilton? They make the tail cone not Embraer.

Jimmy Macintosh
9th Oct 2009, 21:58
We're actually working with Hamilton, but due to the nature of the business the tailcones they provide are proprietary, they're bound by contract to not disclose any of the information or even access to them.

But they readily state that if we can get the information from a third person then that is perfectly fine, i.e. find an operator of the aircraft who would be kind enough to allow us a bit of time with an aircraft.

We actually have the Lead Stress, Lead Designer and Lead Systems engineer from the ERJ project working for us but no-one has the memory of the acoustic environment that is usable. :(