PDA

View Full Version : Which USA school is best for intensive short term PPL

riccioenzo
6th Oct 2009, 17:35
I would like to take an intensive course to get a PPL which allows me to fly in Europe where I normally live. I have no flying experience or previous training (besides PC simulator and flying as cabin crew for 4 years). I do want to learn in the USA (better weather and experience) and had a look on google and there are hundreds of possibilities out there, and I don't know where to start...

anyone any advise/experiences/recommendations for good schools in either California, Florida or Arizona or something?

I would like to do it in roughly 4-6 weeks if possible, in January/February next year.

any tips are very much appreciated and welcome!

Thanks

Enzo

jkveenstra
6th Oct 2009, 19:24
First read the following: http://www.pprune.org/private-flying/278995-guide-obtaining-jaa-ppl-us-part-1-a.html

there are hundreds of possibilities out thereDo you want to get your JAA or FAA licence? Only 4 flightschools in the US provide a JAA PPL training. As you are living in Belgium (I presume) and you want to fly there, you should look into a JAA option. FAA is also possible, but the conversion to JAA would take some time and money. You can also only fly N registered A/C in Europe if you have a FAA licence.

Hope this gives you a start.

riccioenzo
7th Oct 2009, 17:13
Thanks for the reply. Do you happen to know which ones give the JAA, because yes, I would fly mostly in Europe...

What is actually the difference, flying here or there should be the same, right? Is it a difference in exams or something? Is one more difficult than the other?

thanks for your input!

groeten

Enzo