PDA

View Full Version : How to use P1 P1US P2 DUAL on a logbook ?

jeff64
4th Oct 2009, 14:07
Hello all

I'm a french private pilot from 2004 (start flying as a student pilot in 2003).
I'm using the french "carnet de vol" (ie logbook) and the only four columns I have to use in "Single Engine Pilot" are "Dual Day" "PIC day" "Dual Night" and "PIC night".

Every time I was flying with a FI who counter signed the logbook, I put it in dual and every time I was flying without FI (or FI not acting as an FI but just as a friend) logged it in "PIC"

I am retranscripting all the stuff in a logbook for mac (logten pro) which is using various columns such as

Pilot In Command
Pilot In Command under supervision
Second In Command
Dual
Solo
etc

My questions are on the following situations :

For logging the flights I did during my formation (when I was just a student pilot without a licence)
- when i was flying with my "boss", do i have to put them into PIC US and DUAL or just in DUAL ?
- same question for the solo flights ?

For the flights I did since my licence obtention :
- for the check flights with FI ?
- for my own purpose training flights (nav training before competition - adaptation to a new aircraft which stay in the SEP category ?) Am I PIC, P2, PICUS and DUAL ?

Thank you for your attention and your answer

Whopity
4th Oct 2009, 14:33
P1- you are the Captain and make all decisions you hold a valid licence and rating. You can also be P1 as a student on authorised solo flights.
P2- Only used on multi-pilot aeroplanes for which you need a type rating.
Dual - Any instruction given by an instructor
PICUS- only used on Integrated course of training for IFR flight
P1S- normally only used for tests that you pass or when operating as co-pilot. Not valid unless log book signed by the other pilot in command/examiner.

So if you are rewriting a log book there are only 2 of any use to you. P1 and Dual.

jeff64
5th Oct 2009, 08:07
okay so that is as in my actual logbook.
Thank you very much for your answer;)

Intercepted
5th Oct 2009, 11:10
PICUS- only used on Integrated course of training for IFR flight

My PPL skills test was logged as PICUS and not as P1S.