PDA

View Full Version : A320 Enhanced

artinop
28th Sep 2009, 16:24
Hi all!

Could you explain me the new A320 enhanced's features? I heard that Airbus has made some modifications on ADIRS and braking system.

A few days ago, I noticed some A320-216. Once start up procedure was completed, both engines, I think automatically, increased thrust about 10% N1 and after 10 seconds they returned to IDLE. Could anyone explain the reason behind?

Thanks!

CleanSpeed
29th Sep 2009, 08:36
There's a new overhead panel for the ADIRS which removes the keypad that nobody ever used.

The Brakes are now completely 'brake-by-wire', with a Alternate Braking Control Unit to control pressure to the left & right sides if normal braking is lost. You can still have anti-skid commands if the BSCU is still working; if not, the pressure is automatically regulated to 1000psi.

The thrust increase (which can give the ground crew a shock if they've not encountered it before) happens with 'Tech Insert" engines. No idea why.

Of course, enhancements that we would have liked to see are missing: the seats are still bloody uncomfortable, the windshield wipers still comical and after a 3+ hour flight your feet will still be frozen solid. Ah well, it's a glamourous life, eh? :rolleyes:

PappyJ
29th Sep 2009, 10:57
There's a new overhead panel for the ADIRS which removes the keypad that nobody ever used.
Not exactly. The keyboard has simply been moved to a place which is much more convenience (The MCDU).

Of course, enhancements that we would have liked to see are missing: ... and after a 3+ hour flight your feet will still be frozen solid. Ah well, it's a glamourous life, eh? :rolleyes:

Foot warmers are still an available option.

Tail-take-off
1st Oct 2009, 09:27
Foot warmers are still an available option.

Indeed. but they don't keep your feet warm!

loc22550
1st Oct 2009, 14:55
And nose wheel steering supplied by the yellow hydraulic system (instead of the green).At least there is one case in Dual hydraulic failure(B+G) you still have the nose wheel steering.
Normal version doesn't due to the Green hydraulic cut off following the landing gear gravity extension (after a dual hydraulic failure).

A-3TWENTY
3rd Oct 2009, 07:28
Of course, enhancements that we would have liked to see are missing: the seats are still bloody uncomfortable, the windshield wipers still comical and after a 3+ hour flight your feet will still be frozen solid. Ah well, it's a glamourous life, eh?

And what about the smell when someone goes to the bath??

:yuk::yuk:

Zippy Monster
3rd Oct 2009, 20:38
Depending on your airline, it can help disguise the smell of the crew food...

BIGBAD
3rd Oct 2009, 20:44
unfortunately the business meals on our flights smell like crap , but the toilets help disguise that smell...........

LandASAP
4th Oct 2009, 14:31
I also noticed that on the newer A319/A320 the engine thrust goes higher for some seconds after start-up. I would really like to know what the reason is. Maybe someone can help?

Greetings

ElitePilot
13th Oct 2009, 08:06
Has anyone noticed the new A320's calling "pitch pitch" in the flare even when well within limits? I think I read somewhere it is due to fast rate of change of pitch as opposed to risk of tailstrike.