PDA

View Full Version : Disley / Flyteam

TimGriff6
18th Sep 2009, 23:29
Are there any Flyteam members out there who know exactly what is going on at the moment?

Peers Carter
29th Sep 2009, 00:52
Seems they are on 'holiday' at Elstree although the offices have been 'cleaned' take it for what its worth

karl414ac
29th Sep 2009, 20:10
Is nothing to worry about the offices are only closed for refurb and should be open again soon as for the aircraft LA and WU are being relocated for a while until offices re open

414AC

D SQDRN 97th IOTC
30th Sep 2009, 06:15
do you know what Amir is doing these days?

UniFlyBoy
3rd Oct 2009, 13:28
Spotted Flyteam aircraft at Cleveland Flying School, another Disley enterprise. Lots of aircraft at Cleveland but since Disley lost the Leeds Uni contract to a bunch of old women, not sure what they are all doing there. Most are gathering dust. Anyone know what is happening at the other Disley places? Blackpool for example.

AC-DC
5th Oct 2009, 16:32
Flyteam/Disley at Elstree and Cranfield is closed, all staff were sent home.

wsmempson
5th Oct 2009, 16:46
If you ring either the no. at Elstree or Cranfield, you get a recorded message to say that "the answerphone is full"...

horatio_b
5th Oct 2009, 20:25
At Blackpool the Helicentre is operating normally, but nothing appears to have happened about Disley's proposed fixed wing training and charter ops.

My understanding was that they would move into the old Emerald hangar once the 748s and ATPs had all gone.

Half this hangar has now been cleared, but the only aircraft to have moved in have been from another local flying school, FLYBPL.COM run by a certain Mr Murgatroyd.

JUST-local
6th Oct 2009, 23:08
Are you sure?

Looks very quite when I have been at Blackpool recently, used to be a very busy school. :sad:

AA.
13th Oct 2009, 10:54
I was at elstree yesterday, and G-GALA had a pretty strong chain around the engine blades, with a sign saying the airctaft was seized, and was now the property of Montclare Shipping Company!

Guess they havnt been paying their rental fees.

It sadly is no surprise to me. Since Amir sold off, I could tell that the business was being driven into the ground, (despit the best efforts of Ches and Nigel), as the business was never being promoted or marketted. Still the good old English weather over the summer no doubt played its part too.

Flyteam was Amir's baby and he had his heart in it, which is why is kept going for so long.

Who was it that said in an an ealier forum about Disley;s owner - the quickest way to make a million in this business is to invest five!

D SQDRN 97th IOTC
14th Oct 2009, 06:25
this begs the question

why on earth buy it, if you run it into the ground within months
and make very little effort to genuinely run it as a business?

one thing now strikes me as obvious.
Flyteam - the name and whatever assets it has - might now be acquired from the creditors for not much money.

An opportunity awaits someone...

Amir
are you stepping back into the picture?

Bigglesgoggles
18th Oct 2009, 08:22
Hi

Does anyone know what the crack is with Cleveland Flying School and Disley Aviation? Apparently the staff haven't been paid for a month so have done a walk out and I don't blame them!

It seems that all was going well before Disley took over a few months ago and it has since gone totally down-hill from then on. Not sure about this Disley Aviaiton either - anyone else heard of them?? I'm gutted that such a good school with excellent staff has ended up this way. I feel so sorry for them. Just seems like a case of miking the organisation for all its got and then abandoning it.

Flyingmac
19th Oct 2009, 10:25
Colin G. This is your stamping ground. Dost tha know owt?

horatio_b
20th Oct 2009, 05:56
Flyteam/Disley - Aircraft seized...
I was at elstree yesterday, and G-GALA had a pretty strong chain around the engine blades, with a sign saying the airctaft was seized, and was now the property of Montclare Shipping Company!

G-GALA PA28 flew to Blackpool on 14/10 and is currently in the Helicentre hangar.

Mission30
20th Oct 2009, 10:24
Bigglesgoggles has got it right. Out of a sense of duty to Cleveland's customers its staff have worked for nothing since the beginning of September. Despite losing the Leeds Uni contract (and for the facts on that, rather than Wings Bar gossip and speculation, please read UniFlyBoy) CFS has still been a profitable little business. However, the staff have been powerless to prevent customers' money being siphoned-off into bank accounts unknown - it certainly hasn't been used to pay suppliers or staff salaries. A small correction: the staff haven't 'walked out' - they are unwilling to generate further income for Disley until their outstanding salaries have been paid, so they have withdrawn their professional services. The CFS team of Claire, Sarah, Richard, Mo 'n' Ed are honest, decent people who have continued to work under increasingly intolerable circumstances. Even now, they still have the guts to go to work and show their faces to the customers, which is more than their Disley 'superiors' have deigned to do. The staff at Cleveland Flying School deserve the respect and admiration of all of us fellow flyers for the stand they have taken.

Flyingmac
20th Oct 2009, 11:36
There are many pilots and students who have nothing but respect for the STAFF of CFS. On behalf of my flying colleagues I wish you well.

As for the owners.............

bekaybe
21st Oct 2009, 09:05
I'm really concerned now. I have money in the pot with Helicentre Blackpool. I was just about to book an hour or two but have just been told by a friend that I might be out of luck as some of the instructors are no longer there. I've never really thought about the economics of running a flying school before, but there are certainly incentives for students to pay large amounts of money up-front. If there's no chance of using the money for flying, what's the chance of getting the money back I wonder? tending towards zero extremely rapidly I guess.

wsmempson
21st Oct 2009, 14:43
If you paid with a credit card, getting the money back should be straightforward. If you paid by other means, I'm sorry to say that you may be out of luck.....

PENNINE BOY
21st Oct 2009, 19:10
Try next door FlyBpl,
They have R22,R44, Enstrom for training and SFH with in house examiner.:D

XL319
22nd Oct 2009, 14:39
Cleveland Flying School also has an answering phone stating that the School is closed until further notice and to try calling back in a few days.
The school had just been taken over recently, but i suspect the whole company has gone bust.

XL319
22nd Oct 2009, 15:38
after some digging the staff at Cleveland haven't been paid and walked out on Saturday.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/colin.granton/empty/photo.jpg

Bigglesgoggles
22nd Oct 2009, 16:43
I feel bad for the staff I really do. I really hope the aircraft are not taken to pay creditors but I have a feeling they will. I noticed the covers on all of them the other day, next thing will be a chain around the props :( That would leave nothing for a new buyer but an empty building. Mr Disley has left a trail of destruction in his wake. Also noticed the Disley Aviation website is now down.

hammerman
23rd Oct 2009, 10:47
Time for Disley creditors to have their own thread.

Flyingmac
23rd Oct 2009, 14:36
G -BHFC C152 been at Bagby for 2 or 3 weeks propless. Prop arrived for fitting today.

AC-DC
23rd Oct 2009, 16:06
It seems that Disley Aviation was a front for a big fraud, many people lost their jobs and many suppliers lost their money. At Elstree we saw equipment (unrelated to aviation) arriving on Tue. Morning to be collected and sent to Manchester on Wed. morning. I hope that the police will be on the case.

youlookingatme
23rd Oct 2009, 21:37
Spoke to someone from the school today who says staff at Disley Cleveland not walked out, just withdrawn services, but will walk out soon if not paid this week, and I think there has been some flying activity, also not in receivership, at least not yet. Given they have not been paid since the beginning of last month I am amazed they are still there holding the fort. If the school is being sold as a going concern, membership and other balances should be OK. Situation not the same as at Elstree which seems to have been totally abandoned.

crewmuncher
24th Oct 2009, 16:22
Staff at CFS paid.
Helicentre Blackpool now taken over by Ventbrook air.
Disley and other "money men" as we loving call them in the trade invest in aviation with good intentions, however we all know its not easy at the best of times to make FTO's and AOC operations profitable.
Timing is everything.
Disley appointed a commercial aviation pro two weeks ago to give them a respectable exit from the industry. After two weeks "consulting" people are being paid and staff renumerated and sites taken over by industry pro's all be it late.
After unexpected red tape (We know who) and the economic climate put a stop to their plans.
Remember if it wasnt for these investors, successful or not, we would all be on the ground or begging the military to fly something.
CFS:
After the BBQ at CFS the outlook was optimistic, but once the senior aviation players left DA it was doomed. Without industry knowlege we all know its not a business you can learn, "on the job."
Top notch Instructors and ground staff are essential to the daily operation (Which CFS have), however if you do not have the right guys at the top with the business, marketing and regulatory experience your stuffed.
Once both of them left DA in August because they were not being listened to or had the autonomy to keep all in check finantially and legally the writing was on the wall. Also from a self preservatory point of veiw they wanted to continue to trade in our industry and bailed!
Simple!
Thats from a good horses mouth source.:)

Also jut got this re pay at CFS.
The incoming buyer was supposed to pay the staff but didnt!
So the consultants stepped in yesterday and dispatched someone to pay them all and did yesterday tea time.
Business is business, but that gesture shows compassion and care for other human beings.
Not the asset stripping monster some are painting the present owner as, as these funds have come from his pockets.
CM.

Token Bird
24th Oct 2009, 21:08
So the consultants stepped in yesterday and dispatched someone to pay them all and did yesterday tea time.
Business is business, but that gesture shows compassion and care for other human beings.
Not the asset stripping monster some are painting the present owner as, as these funds have come from his pockets.

Misinformed tosh!

youlookingatme
24th Oct 2009, 22:01
Not sure what planet CM is on but some might find it hard to put the words "compassion and care for other human beings" and Disley Aviation in the same sentence.

karl414ac
24th Oct 2009, 22:59
Everybody has issues. That is all i can say. A frond for a big fraud scam i think not my friend, that is a very serious thing to say unless you have firm evidence to confirm what you are saying. As regards to cleveland the pay situation was a big miss understanding between DA and the new perspective owner who from deep down i think he has no clue what goes on in the aviation world but yet all i can do is wish him the best of luck if he makes a go of it .

Tim my mobile number has changed and i will PM you with it .

Karl414AC

Token Bird
25th Oct 2009, 09:10
I fail to see how Disley coming and paying their staff nearly 4 weeks late shows compassion. As for the supposed 'misunderstanding' between Disley and the 'new owner', yet more tosh I'm afraid. How can someone who hasn't even bought the club yet be responsible for September's pay?

Mission30
25th Oct 2009, 12:26
Good on ya, TokenBird; you may be a flier but your feet are firmly on the ground! 'Tosh' is a polite description for what's been said before.
Take it from this horse's mouth that at no time has the prospective new owner promised to pick up the tab for the staff's wages. The staff at CFS are still employees of Disley Aviation and, however much the new guy may sympathise with their plight, he should not be expected to pay them himself. Under Employment Law it is DA's obligation to continue to pay the salaries, and to pay them on time, not three weeks late. The wages for October will be due for payment at the end of this week ... will we see the staff at Cleveland Flying School having to wait until nearly December to receive them?
Perhaps on CM's planet people don't have mortgages, families and financial commitments. Think credit scoring, blacklisting, having your bank account closed down ... not to mention the embarrassment of having your cheque for your medical renewal bounce (thank you, horse's mouth).
As for Karl with a 'K', you have a vested interest in defending DA in return for all those free positioning flights that are swelling your logbook.

karl414ac
25th Oct 2009, 13:43
Mission30,

as i am dyslexic i cannot help my literacy.

are you involved with CFS or DA?

The ferry flights and running people around is is done out of kindness towards Mr Disley and his close staff. I wish people who know nothing about the running of DA would keep there rumours to them self.

BTW my name is spelt with a K

Karl414ac

Say again s l o w l y
25th Oct 2009, 14:01
Staff at CFS paid.
Helicentre Blackpool now taken over by Ventbrook air.
Disley and other "money men" as we loving call them in the trade invest in aviation with good intentions, however we all know its not easy at the best of times to make FTO's and AOC operations profitable.
Timing is everything.
Disley appointed a commercial aviation pro two weeks ago to give them a respectable exit from the industry. After two weeks "consulting" people are being paid and staff renumerated and sites taken over by industry pro's all be it late.
After unexpected red tape (We know who) and the economic climate put a stop to their plans.
Remember if it wasnt for these investors, successful or not, we would all be on the ground or begging the military to fly something.
CFS:
After the BBQ at CFS the outlook was optimistic, but once the senior aviation players left DA it was doomed. Without industry knowlege we all know its not a business you can learn, "on the job."
Top notch Instructors and ground staff are essential to the daily operation (Which CFS have), however if you do not have the right guys at the top with the business, marketing and regulatory experience your stuffed.
Once both of them left DA in August because they were not being listened to or had the autonomy to keep all in check finantially and legally the writing was on the wall. Also from a self preservatory point of veiw they wanted to continue to trade in our industry and bailed!
Simple!
Thats from a good horses mouth source.

CM.

I know nothing of Disley or Flyteam, but I do know enough about the industry to say that that is about the biggest load of nonsense I've ever read on here.

must be mad
25th Oct 2009, 16:28
I would be the first to admit that i am new to aviation, but i do know how to run a buisness,and how to give the staff the respect that they deserve.And beleave me,the crap that they have had to put up with over the past few MONTHS not weeks they deserve a hell of alot.

crewmuncher
26th Oct 2009, 01:18
No one is questioning the professionalism and dedication of the CFS team, however they have been paid despite the chance to simply fold the company and wind up the business.
If a potential buyer (and there is one) is in the mix, it is in the interests of the staff to keep the place ticking over.
As for the sarcasm regarding the Aviation guys who were involved that is unjustified as I', sure the CFS staff will confirm.
They worked their asses off to make sense of the whole thing but left when their advice fell on deaf ears!
One has returned for a month to sort out the existing problems and frankly in a few weeks has swam the channel from what I can see, the net result being the team at Durham getting PAID!
How many times have we all been victims of bankruptcy???
Comed, Northern Aviation, Emerald, British North West, SHALL I GO ON.
Only to hear the same moaning and bleating from whiners and wet drips who just blab on for the sake of it.
Small industry, so take care as in some cases its obvious who you are.
Amazing how the circuit brings you back round the block.
I interviewed a guy last week who had all the right tickets but I know from the past is a whiner and constant antagonist.

These "Bad Apples" end up in Eastern Europe, the African Cessna 206 safari market, or crewing Islanders and Twin Otters for Solomon Air in the South Pacific as no one this side of that hemisphere will employ them. Management do talk despite being in competition and......................................................... ......................... Sh1t sticks!
Fact is in two weeks this guy Disley have brought back has by whatever means managed to raise the cash to pay the staff, that's it, and yes I know him.
Lucky it wasn't just wound up and indeed asset stripped!
Hope my eloquence and diction have not offended anyone.
Lets not mock the afflicted you whiner!
So many pilots who have or still work for me are as thick as pig muck, but can put 20-200 tonnes on a 5p piece with remarkable frequency in washing line weather.
We are quick to take investors money, but also just as quick and scream and blub when it all goes Pete Tong!
Maybe if people spent less time on here or any other moan forum and tried to be more proactive within the company they take their renumeration from month in month out dispite the economic climate and minor recession we are in, we all might, just might, survive.
If you have a job in aviation and have half a brain, put a little to one side as the wise ones of us do so. So if your employer cant pay you or lay golden eggs for whatever reason you can survive long enough to seek alternative employment, or sod off and work in Botswana!
You moaners still cease to amaze me as the world shrinks for you!:=
CM.

ROTORVATION
26th Oct 2009, 09:20
Would love to hear when the staff at Blackpool who didn't get paid for two months and longer, who still stuck at training to get 95% of the deposited money on students accounts "flown off" are going to get paid!

From what I have read, beleive me guys and gals, you don't know the half of the sh*t we had to put up with! But those thoughts shall remain in my own mind.

Mission30
26th Oct 2009, 10:31
Karl, please accept my apology for my reference to your problem in my last post. I have now removed it.
But, I think you would do yourself a favour by not getting deeply involved with DA. I guess flying is in your blood and you want to make a career as a pilot - there are still some decent people in aviation who could mentor you and would be far more worthy of your loyalty than the person in question. Best wishes for your future flying career. M30

crewmuncher
26th Oct 2009, 12:33
Well cryptic at best, but negative and thoughtless for sure.
You must be another industry leach who just takes takes takes!
CM

crewmuncher
26th Oct 2009, 13:00
Your pay is in dispute Ian !
Employers beware!
I wonder why?
Everyone else who is entitled to it will be paid as the CFS staff has.
I have it on good authority debts from 2006 and 2007 for the Helicentre are being chased by creditors, and as we all know it wasn't a disley company then. He was prepared to invest in GA and they were waiting like the sideswiping, money grabbing sods we all know exist in the fringes of GA and live with the crumbs under the customer waiting room settees!
All is not as clear cut as some of you make out, moaners!
All I can see is we have lost yet another Investor in GA.
We should be mourning not moaning!
Have a look at the characteres who sold the businesses in the first place and apportion accordingly!
People with money usually have high powered lawyers somewhere!:=

CM.

Say again s l o w l y
26th Oct 2009, 13:07
Helicentre EGNH
Your pay is in dispute Ian !
Employers beware!
I wonder why?
Everyone else who is entitled to it will be paid as the CFS staff has.
I have it on good authority debts from 2006 and 2007 for the Helicentre are being chased by creditors, and as we all know it wasn't a disley company then. He was prepared to invest in GA and they were waiting like the sideswiping, money grabbing sods we all know exist in the fringes of GA and live with the crumbs under the customer waiting room settees!
All is not as clear cut as some of you make out, moaners!
All I can see is we have lost yet another Investor in GA.
We should be mourning not moaning!
Have a look at the characteres who sold the businesses in the first place and apportion accordingly!
People with money usually have high powered lawyers somewhere!

CM.

Aren't you a nasty piece of work.

GA doesn't just need investors, it needs people who know what they are doing. Having read your posts, you definately fall into the "haven't got the foggiest" section of the industry.

youlookingatme
26th Oct 2009, 14:54
Perhaps CM would like to make his identity public seeing as he enjoys doing this to others then maybe some or your past and present creditors could ask their high powered lawyers to talk to yours and decide if they really want to do any business with you or your associates in the future.

You are a bully and have shown yourself up to be what you really are now for ever visible on these pages. Never have I heard such a brown nosing load of :mad: .

crewmuncher
26th Oct 2009, 22:44
I make a fantastic living from aviation!
My team all enjoy a good lifestyle and you are again jumping to conclusions.
Me a bully, nasty peice of work why?
As i said before, I know someone who has been drafted in to help, I'm not involved in puddle hoppers, thank god, If it's populated by people like you!
Taking my nearly new Range Rover to Meadow hall to spend some money I made from Aviation!!
Pro moaners, who'd give em the time of day lol!
CM.

Say again s l o w l y
26th Oct 2009, 23:38
:rolleyes:

I think you've just proved every possible point made against you with that.

Range Rover...*Yawn*

I wouldn't start to willy wave if I was you. It just makes you look like a twonk. Instead, why don't you learn this mantra. Money talks, Wealth whispers.

I can see that you haven't spent any of that money on spelling lessons though. Now, who are your "team"? Why would anyone with an ounce of business sense get involved with something like this? From what you've typed, you do know naff all about General Aviation. Anyone with more than 30 seconds experience, knows that you don't buy a small operation like this, you set one up. It's easy and that way you aren't already having to service debt from any previous incarnation.

The first priority of any business should be to ensure that it's staff are paid promptly, if you don't, then the damage you do to your business is enormous.

I don't blame people for getting upset when they don't get paid. People do have commitments and company owners playing fast and loose with their obligations to their staff is poor, poor practice and is invariably caused by the fact that things are about to go tits up.

Expecting people to show "loyalty" to a company that can't even be bothered to meet it's contractual obligations is nothing more than crass stupidity. It has nothing to do with staff being "bad apples".

In fact, the only "bad apple" in this seems to be you and the "management" that have let their staff and customers down so badly.

D SQDRN 97th IOTC
27th Oct 2009, 07:55
CM

Most successful businessmen that I have met have charisma - something you appear to be a little short of.
So you must have some other gift.....can you tell us what the secret is of your great success? The aspirational amongst us would love to know so that we might one day also live it up and drive around in nearly new Range Rovers by emulating you.......:ok:

Not myself however - I would not lower myself to driving around in a WAG's car. And not even a new one to boot !

And as for your eating out.....you go to a shopping centre in Sheffield?
Meadowhall - Eat (http://www.meadowhall.co.uk/website/eat.aspx)
How completely common.

If you really had some style, you would jump into a twin or a jet, fly (yourself of course, plus your guests/ friends) to Le Bourget, and have dinner at Pierre Gagnaire in Paris. Stay overnight in the George V hotel, before flying back at your leisure.

But your style is to say t' missus....."ee up luv,fancy some scran down t' shopping centre? I want to pose in t' nearly new Range Rover a bit before the repo men take it back....."
hahahahahahahaahaha

Aerial Chauffeur
27th Oct 2009, 09:22
But your style is to say t' missus....."ee up luv,fancy some scran down t' shopping centre? I want to pose in t' nearly new Range Rover a bit before the repo men take it back....."
hahahahahahahaahaha

Genius :ok:

Token Bird
27th Oct 2009, 14:20
CM,

I think it's very distasteful of you to come on here bragging about your 'Range Rover' while simultaneously dismissing the people who haven't been paid as 'whiners'.

I've been involved in aviation a long time, and have met a lot of tossers, but I don't think I've ever come across anyone as vile as you.

Enjoy your reheated noodles.

TB

Flyingmac
27th Oct 2009, 14:22
Crewmuncher. How do you suppose YOUR pilots will react to being described as 'thick as pig muck' ? Slow down mate, your mouth is a minute or two ahead of your brain.

karl414ac
27th Oct 2009, 20:52
Mission 30 ,
Many thanks for your best wishs.

As people do say to make a million in aviation you need to put in 5 this may be true in some cases. What i must be failing to understand is that instead of past DA employee's and people with past involvement contact myself or JD or anyone still involved with DA. People that are bad mouthing GA companys and various people on this forum need to grow up and find something else to do instead of relishing on someone else's misfortune. The only person who has seen the light and decided to contact someone privately is timgriff and i am looking into his case as i type .

Feel free to pm

Karl414AC

horatio_b
28th Oct 2009, 17:21
The Disley signage on the Helicentre hangar at Blackpool has been removed this afternoon

D SQDRN 97th IOTC
29th Oct 2009, 08:15
I hope Amir got paid by this outfit

notabove1500
29th Oct 2009, 13:40
Hi,

Is CFS still on sale?Any recent news what is going to happen?Are they operating flying?

NA1500

Vone Rotate
30th Oct 2009, 13:12
I hope Amir did too. I trained with them a couple years ago and as previously said Amir, Ches and Chris R did a great job of running a great little school.

Does anyone know if Ches is still teaching anywhere?

Any plans on anyone taking over Flyteam cranfield and elstree?

Poor old TD and GALA!:(:(

karl414ac
30th Oct 2009, 13:36
Vone Rotate

Dont worry about TD and GALA there in good hands now :)

hammerman
31st Oct 2009, 02:10
What does that mean?

LFS
31st Oct 2009, 12:53
All sounds very similar to the demise of the last school that had the Leeds uni contract.

082_happy
1st Nov 2009, 15:42
As an experienced aviation person the sooner Disley (and the so called investors) make their exit from all things aviation the better. Yes, aviation needs money but what is needs too are people who know what they are doing and who are passionate about doing it well. I only hope those who were unfortunate enough to have had to work for and put up with Disley go on to succeed in whatever they do next. Aviation needs good pilots and operations staff, not investors who want to make (or waste) money at the expense of these good people.

FloaterNorthWest
2nd Nov 2009, 07:59
Apparently Mr Disley was chased around Blackpool Airport last week by people who were trying to collect money he owes. It all ended with the said Mr Disley fighting with the police and being arrested, that's after trying to ram his way out of being boxed in.

youlookingatme
2nd Nov 2009, 09:28
Anybody confirm this story? Nothing in the local papers. I heard Disley was in Bermuda.

JAR FCL
2nd Nov 2009, 09:52
Disley has left EGNH, and has sold his business to a company based in Hangar 3.

Keepitup
4th Nov 2009, 09:42
TIMGRIFF6

Hangar 3 themselves have nothing to do with flying schools, there was a company in there called ventbrook, who rented a space to operate, when DA went into a bit of a demise, ventbrook decided to up end out of hangar 3 and set up in the DA Hangar. Bit of a big hangar to be taking on in this financial climate, unless you have the customers, Good Luck to them.

eagleroll
4th Nov 2009, 21:56
I can confirm that Ventbrook Air Ltd have moved in to the old helicentre hangar at Blackpool.

I will stress we have NOT taken over DA we are leasing the hangar and remain an independent company.

Any former students of DA are welcome to come into the Hangar to discuss with us if they wish to continue their PPL(h) cse. We will discuss in person or over the phone if you are trying to recover money from DA which you have in your flying account.

This is no means a guarantee that you will get your money back but we can point you in the right direction

0800 917 6666 or [email protected]

znww5
6th Nov 2009, 09:30
Companies House holds full details of company directors etc as a matter of public record - it is also possible to trace other companies which directors are associated with. Small charge for some info, strangely internet access to info is only available during office hours :confused:

helimotion
6th Nov 2009, 21:00
As an experienced Instuctor the sooner investors make their exit from training schools at Blackpool the better. All they want is to take well earned money from students. Yes aviation needs money but what it needs too are people who know what they are doing and who are passionate about what they do. I only hope those who were unfortunate to have contact with these types of people around this airfield go on to succeed in whatever they do next. Aviation needs good pilots, not investors who want to make money at the expense of these good people.

I myself learnt the hard way with the helicentre at Blackpool and that cost good money. I now fly for a school based at Hangar 3 DC Aviation KEEP GOING DON'T GIVE UP.:ok:

UniFlyBoy
6th Nov 2009, 22:04
If anyone wants to report any of the disley companies to the CIB for their activities then go to:

CIB Complaint Form (http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/complaintformcib.htm)

It is anonymous, takes only a minute and if enough people who lost money put in a complaint they may be investigated.

082_happy
10th Nov 2009, 07:57
If only someone could have posted about Mr Disley earlier. It seems it takes the collapse of Disley Aviation for the truth to come out.

Bigglesgoggles
10th Nov 2009, 09:39
Someone did on the Flyer forum. You can google it and see.

Looks like CFS staff not been paid again, or the fuel supplier & maintenance company. Feel sorry for them :(

Aytonace
10th Nov 2009, 20:10
Do you know when it is? Could you pm me if you know any dates/times etc? Might be interested.

Aytonace
11th Nov 2009, 09:21
Depends on the deal - if he sells the business then he's out of the picture. Dealt with chumps like him before. Don't feed his ego!

youlookingatme
29th Nov 2009, 00:17
Check Flyer forum- says there is a new flying school starting up at DTV soon. Anyone here got any more info?

Also anyone know why the forums on FLYER related to Flyteam and Cleveland/Disley have been removed for what i can tell?

TimGriff6
2nd Dec 2009, 10:05
There is a reason for everything.

XL319
2nd Dec 2009, 21:48
an aquaintance warned me about disley even b4 he bought CFS. I hadn't heard of him, but his reputation preceded him.

He should be disqualified from being a director in any company:E

youlookingatme
27th Dec 2009, 12:59
The following statement can be seen on FTN website. Thought I would place it here as any comments by those caught up in all this hopefully welcome on this enlightened forum unlike some others. As I said before, not sure what planet this is from. Must be a parrallel universe where eveything in Disley World is someone elses fault.

"My name is Jonathan Disley, and I am the director of Disley Aviation.
Although I have previously refrained from acknowledging any of the ever-changing comments and rumours, circulating on the “Aviation Grape Vine”, I now feel that considering the way these negative comments and rumours have affected the reputation and credibility of Disley Aviation, it’s time to set the record straight.
Disley Aviation was formed in 2008, to provide the public with an “Affordable Air Taxi Service”, effectively bringing the “Easy Jet” to the charter service, by making it affordable for everyone to use.
We looked at many companies in 2008 and decided to buy about half a dozen, some of these purchases failed through our own due diligence, where we discovered that they was not quite what they were initially marketed as.
However, others we succeeded in buying and the first company to come onboard was Cleveland Flying School, which we purchased from Northern Aviation. Cleveland Flying School, based at Durham Tees Valley airport was a successful business that had been trading for many years.
When Disley Aviation was initially formed, we could have never anticipated that we would hit a “Brick Wall” within the aviation world. This together with the collapse of the world’s economy made the market place a difficult place to trade in.
We started to purchase the companies back in September and October 2008 and we were much unprepared for the actual catastrophic events that would follow over the next few months, Events that would ultimately affect and deny the available opportunities to the executive traveller, who were to be Disley Aviations main stay of business.
When we bought Cleveland Flying School from Northern Aviation we believed we had completed our full due diligence, unfortunately as it turned out there were issues coming out of the wood work on a daily basis, but nothing we couldn’t handle and we continued to strive.
This continued until we lost the Leeds University contract, which was a direct result of important information Northern Aviation decided to withhold from the university and was at no fault of our own and this affected greatly on the business of Cleveland Flying School.
The second hiccup occurred earlier this year when Northern Aviation went into liquidation. Given the fact that Northern Aviation had owned Cleveland Flying School for so many years, a large number of its creditors along with members of the public actually believed that Cleveland Flying School and Northern Aviation were one of the same company. As no one had been aware of any impending sale prior to its completion, these people doubted the sincerity of our purchase.
As a result, creditors started chasing Cleveland Flying School for Northern Aviation outstanding debts. We received a vast number of accounts invoicing Cleveland Flying School for goods or services provided to Northern Aviation, as well as distressed students who had prepaid flying hours, paid prior to our involvement with Cleveland Flying School, turning up at our offices and demanding refunds.
Given that, Disley Aviation is purely the shareholders of the various companies that were trading; we looked again at Cleveland Flying Schools current situation. After careful consideration, it was decided that as there were so many problems arising, it would be easier to try to settle all the debts and take independent legal action against Northern Aviation and its directors for misrepresentation and fraud and this is still under way.
We honoured all legitimate prepaid members flying hours and the additional costs it incurred, which meant that cash flow was limited at times, however everyone pulled together and as the university had previously been the main source of income for the school, we worked extremely hard and managed to increase sales considerably.
“A huge step in the right direction.”
A man, who had “Tried” to purchase Cleveland Flying School prior to us taking over, came forward and expressed an interest, whichresulted in a firm offer and unfortunately, we naively allowed him full access to all areas and information.
Despite his presence everyday at the flying school and his grand gestures and overtures to its staff and customers alike, it soon became very apparent after several weeks had passed that he did not have any intention of purchasing Cleveland Flying School. I do not wish to comment further on this matter at this time although I strongly believe these actions have been instrumental in current situation at Cleveland Flying School and our legal team is currently addressing this matter directly with him.
Cleveland Flying School still belongs to Disley Aviation, as it is the main shareholder and purchaser of the company’s assets. Cleveland Flying School has no liabilities and any third party finances relating to aircraft were paid off in full. Any outstanding creditors have been or are in the process of being paid and I wish to state that contrary to any rumours circulating, Cleveland Flying School has not, nor will be put into administration. The school will remain closed until we find a suitable buyer or use for the premises. Once we have completed full due diligence on any prospective buyer, only then will we make a public announcement to that effect.
Flyteam Aviation, based at Elstree Aerodrome was one of the other companies that we were involved with. This was solely purchased by a franchise member because of its location, along with its additional airfield base at Cranfield. Our involvement with Flyteam was that we hired them the use of the aircraft under a franchise facility, which we later withdrew when it came apparent that the management and owners of Flyteam were not fulfilling their requirement to creditors
Buying and franchising small flying schools would give Disley Aviation a presence on key airport locations, allowing us various, drop off and pick up points.
The flying schools would have covered the costs and offered us a free infrastructure, which would have ensured that all monies made by the air taxi service would have been profit. This was Disley Aviations key to success by ensuring that we could afford to be cheap and cheerful, again, bringing the “Easy Jet” into the charter service.
Furthermore, we also secured a site based out of Biggin Hill airport and it seemed a very simple operation. We would take over a new lease, which would finance itself with hangarage and its current insitu tenants, and allow us to operate out of the premises with the charter service.
In exchange, I paid a very handsome deposit, but even after a few weeks, it was apparent that the reality was a very different picture from what it had been painted and the business was obviously struggling.
As the lease had not been signed at this point, it was by mutual agreement of both parties not to proceed any further.
Finally, moving on to Helicentre Blackpool, an established heli-port and flying school we purchased early this year. We have recently leased out these premises to Ventbrook Air, from which they are currently operating their heli training school and I wish them every success in their future operations.
I ventured into this business without any knowledge of the aviation industry, all I know is that I am first and foremost a businessman and my vision was a very real and achievable goal. A vision I was willing to and did heavily invest in, to try to make it happen.
What I had not bargained for was the small-minded rigidness of the aviation world. A world that seems quite happy to talk the talk and instead of embracing the exciting opportunities and concepts I could have brought and change the way of general aviation. Achievable, by us joining forces and working together to provide a cheap affordable service and in turn giving the bigger fish a serious run for their money.
Instead, I was greeted with that brick wall, “a wall of obstructive people”, who’s only contribution to aviation has been to treat it like a hobby and bemoan about it.
It seems to me, that a large majority of the people, who occupy the current world of general aviation, should save their passion for what they are truly good at, gossiping and tapping away on their tiny-minded forums, and make way for the much more exciting, younger blood and investment.
Jonathan Disley
Disley Aviation "

Meanwhile this tiny-minded forum writer will have to stop tapping away for now whilst I clear up the mess from my keyboard:yuk:.

Say again s l o w l y
27th Dec 2009, 13:30
What a complete load of nonsense.

AC-DC
27th Dec 2009, 20:21
Our involvement with Flyteam was that we hired them the use of the aircraft under a franchise facility, which we later withdrew when it came apparent that the management and owners of Flyteam were not fulfilling their requirement to creditors

Intresting.
If Flyteam just hired an aircraft why ALL aircraft gone as well all instructors and office equipment. Yet all the Disley Aviation signes are still there.

XL319
27th Dec 2009, 22:50
What a load of tosh.....A clause in the lease meant that selling CFS would put Leeds University back up for tender which is why they lost the contract....therefore, Disley knew that Leeds wouldnt be part of the operations...as for Northern going bust....if he purchased Cleveland as a separate company, then they would be separate companies and would have no bearing on CFS.
Also if CFS is not in administration then why is their aircraft all but gone!!!

I dont believe a word...the guy is a CROOK and should be avoided at all costs. Not one person (as far as I can see) has a good word to say about him. good riddance to bad rubbish IMO:ok:

TimGriff6
27th Dec 2009, 23:58
Can you post a link to the FTN web site please?

We need Mr Disley to be more specific about Flyteam by telling us who actually owns and manages it now & when he withdrew the franchise facility (whatever that means) and how we can get in touch with them.

youlookingatme
28th Dec 2009, 09:53
Disley Aviation responds (http://www.flighttrainingnews.co.uk/home/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=170:disley-aviation-responds&catid=1:news&Itemid=2)

Vone Rotate
29th Dec 2009, 16:45
Oh I get it now...Its everyones fault apart from Disley's!!!!:ugh::ugh::ugh:

papa oscar
29th Dec 2009, 16:52
As Mr Disley has called many 'tiny minded', shall we sue for defamation of character? If it's good for the goose etc.....

Mr Disley needs to take a long good look at himself and his history and work out why his adventure into aviation failed.

UniFlyBoy
29th Dec 2009, 19:49
Disley calls himself a business man. Well, from what I have read in the FTN letter he knows as little about business as he does about aviation, something at least which he admits to and probably the only fact. So why buy a flying school or three and mess it up for everyone, not least for himself? This guy must employ some real plonkers as advisors, the same plonkers no doubt responsible for the ruin of his businesses and botched sale. The treatment of customers and staff are not the actions of a true busnessman. Please do not give us this big sob story and blaming everyone else.

To paraphrase "to lose one Flying School is misfortunate, to lose three is simply careless".
Oscar W

Bigglesgoggles
30th Dec 2009, 09:19
That statement by Disley was cringeworthy! A good business man would have done his homework before blindly and incompetently entering into the industry. Insead he saw an opportunity to try and make a quick buck and be the next Stelios at the cost of everyone else. When he found that he really didn't have a clue and failed he blames everyone else in the industry - how unprofessional. There are plenty of good businessmen who have entered aviation successfully but have a good business nous - Richard Branson being one but he is what you might call a business man and not a 'crook'. Past history precedes Disley's name and I doubt anyone would touch him with a barge pole now.

Worst of all, no matter what happened Disley failed to pay his staff, despite CFS being solvent and Disley having the cash to pay them. So if the CFS was making money and had no debts, why did he not pay his employees? Basically he milked it, let his staff work for free out of their own goodwill and binned it off. I understand the issues with Northern Aviation and I can imagine he took on more than he could chew but it was a mistake of his also and he must accept that instead of blaming others. Anyway its gone now and hopefully the new school will do well and good luck to them!

rocco16
30th Dec 2009, 09:32
Re Branson - I thought he was convicted of VAT fraud (recall he included it in his autobiog).

UniFlyBoy
30th Dec 2009, 10:00
Is there an "honest people in aviation thread" elsewhere on this forum? Probably did not run for that long!:p

Bigglesgoggles sentiments are what counts, and non of us are perfect;)

crewmuncher
2nd Jan 2010, 15:33
CFS staff who's conduct and therefore pay was not in dispute have all been paid. Those who have not been paid know why and have been formally informed in writing. If they are exonerated then as with the others I'm sure they will be paid but looking at what I've seen if they worked for me I would have cut them loose on the grounds of gross misconduct I'm afraid, irrispective of the reasons or pressure they were under at the time.
Walter Mitty's attempt to buy the school and aircraft fooled everyone and he's apparently done this before, haven't you Mr. Rathbone! With several schools!
I was there as a safty pilot along for a jaunt to DTV when in the CFS club Mark said to the sellers he wanted to pay the staff and the money would be deducted from the sale proceeds to give him a respect boost and lift moral at the time. Ask the Bar manager who also witnessed this conversation with Rathbone. Once the present owners realised he was a mirage the staff were paid in full, apart from the ones who backed the wrong horse prematurely and took it upon themselves to do things that were just silly.
The guys who are selling the assets are helping above and beyond, I have seen the miles they are doing to get things up and running again and bills paid off!
Ask the people on site who are still there and I am sure they will only speak well of one guy in particular who was always respected when he was involved at CFS and since coming back to impartially sort out the remaining problems has worked wonders to raise cash and pay off many GA creditors.
But hey I'm sure they are some back shooters that have a load of negative stuff to say about his efforts.
Frankly I would not have re-involved myself, but he has.
Good on ya for not like a lot did and still expected to be paid! LOL!
CM.
Ps. Range rover gone Almost new DB9, (yes almost) from Santa and the sweat and efforts of the crew who fly for me because they love me because I sometimes pay them, even though some of them know and admit to being naughty boys and girls when at school and less than degree educated!
It doesn't take a genious to fly a commercial aircraft well, just a good pilot.
Your really not in the same ranks as Doctors, Barristers and Architects so don't pretend you are. Globespans gone bust, who we blaming for that???? Disley lofl!
God even I got a CPL/IR in under a year!
LONG LIVE THE HAVE A GO ENTREPRENEUR AND MAY MANY MORE BRING NEW MONEY TO OUR BELEAGUERED INDUSTRY !
VIVA THE REVOLOUTION!
Happy New Year.
CM.

crewmuncher
2nd Jan 2010, 16:19
1. The man chased around EGNH was a well known character based at Flight Academy and it was Customs who were doing the chasing.
2. The ramming did occur and was perpitrated a certain young man who has now been banned from driving.
A flight training provider at EGNH who's property was the victim of the ramming had his horse box and Citreon Saxo damaged by the insident. He desided unwisly to block the young mans car in to prevent it leaving the airport grounds whilst the bailiffs came and took the car away for debts owed to said flight trainer by the afore mentioned young man. Young man had other Ideas and shunted blockade late at night.
NOTHING TO DO WITH DISLEY, FLOATER NORTHWEST!
Floater Indeed!

Say again s l o w l y
2nd Jan 2010, 16:41
Still haven't spent any money on learning to spell or to even write coherently. (Look it up in the dictionary if you don't know what that means, you know, that thick book with lots of words in alphabetical order.)

TimGriff6
4th Jan 2010, 12:57
So 5 pages after raising the subject, I am now told that Flyteam was operated as a franchise and had little to do with Disley Aviation. Does anyone know the name, address and telephone number of the franchisee or is that a secret?

FloaterNorthWest
4th Jan 2010, 15:35
crewmuncher,

I was passing on information I received. I live and work in the northwest and I know of other non-aviation dealings that Mr Disley is involved in......he isn't innocent and he isn't nice but he is very clever.

Check my previous posts to build up a history of who I am and what I do. I don't float anymore but I do get around abit!!

Whats the "R" in PPRUNE?

FNW

S-Works
4th Jan 2010, 16:00
Actually he was referring to you being a floater, of the brown type........ :p

FloaterNorthWest
6th Jan 2010, 18:51
Did the Mods delete some posts on this thread?

FNW

Mach .76
6th Jan 2010, 19:28
Yes my last post has been removed....

Floater NW As your a local chap would you like to know the identitys of some of the posters on the thread ???

There is only 1 " Walter Mitty " in this thread CM

Mach .76

karl414ac
6th Jan 2010, 19:39
Im struggling to see what " Mach .76 is getting at but hey ....

To be honest i can see where some people are coming from such as former flyteam/cfs customers but nearly all of the posters on this thread have had little or nothing at all to do with FT/CFS or Disley aviation. Maybe its just bad timing for DA to start in the aviation industry or it just didnt have the full support of its staff. Before you all start saying "you know more than your letting on" your correct as i do know quite alot about CFS,Flyteam and DA and as i am no longer involved with any of the said companys i still remain loyal to JD as a friend and businesman.

Karl 414 AC

Saab Dastard
6th Jan 2010, 19:40
Yes my last post has been removed....

"Outing" other members, for whatever reason, is strictly forbidden on PPRuNe.

SD

youlookingatme
7th Jan 2010, 10:05
The statements from CM and Disley speak for themselves as testimony to the type of people we are dealing with here and nothing can change that fact now. The only consilation to customers, staff and suppliers who have lost money or given there misguided loyalty to these people is that CM and JD amongst others have turned themselves in laughing jokes and objects of ridicule, a stain on thier characters which they can not erase. We will still be here when they have all long gone to some other industry to repeat the process of asset stripping, and anyone associated with them will have also lost all credibility with the GA community. If CM thinks he, sorry I mean the mystery man, wants to keep the the "respect" of GA people that he thinks he commands then he should look again at his role in the shamefull episode and change his ways before it is too late.

clearfinalsno1
12th Jan 2010, 20:46
Hi All,

News of CFS closing is new to me. Is Craig McLeod still involved with any of the flying schools at DTV?

papa oscar
13th Jan 2010, 21:27
In a word - NO!!

AC-DC
13th Jan 2010, 21:54
Maybe its just bad timing for DA to start in the aviation industry or it just didnt have the full support of its staff. Before you all start saying "you know more than your letting on" your correct as i do know quite alot about CFS,Flyteam and DA and as i am no longer involved with any of the said companys i still remain loyal to JD as a friend and businesman.

Karl 414 AC

OK, if timing was so bad then can you please explain what have happened to the car garage lifts and other equipment that were shiped to Flyteam? You might know that FT had nothing to do with car repairs

Awaiting your reply.

Thanks

karl414ac
13th Jan 2010, 22:02
I am fully aware that car lifts have nothing to do with flight training lol. As regards to them passing thru elstree is a convienient meeting place for Disley staff from the north to meet disley south from the south.

414AC

youlookingatme
13th Jan 2010, 23:20
Hey Karl414AC, why dont you give up your support for a people that think nothing of lying to get themselves out of a hole at the expense of others. Says nothing for your credibility. Are you related to Disley? Latest lie is saying in a local Cleveland newspaper article that Cleveland Flying School is reopening and that customers with money on account should call in next week and continue their training! How are they going to do that with no aircraft since I have heard that the fleet has now been sold to someone in Newcastle. Cannot see his old staff or instructors having anything to do with an employer that slags them off and does not pay them. Its almost worth flying over just to be a witness at this latest miracle from the Disley Team:D Maybe they are going to call it the Lazarus School of Flying!:)

karl414ac
14th Jan 2010, 13:07
Youlookingatme,

I am not involved with disley anymore as there was no flying (Aircraft sold). Even when i was having dealing with JD and his close staff i was always treated very well. If the newspaper is correct and CFS is re-opening i wish them the best of luck, If they need a instructor i will always help them out ( ATPL's in feb and CPL and FIC for my birthday in march :) )

youlookingatme
14th Jan 2010, 20:37
In that case I wish you the best with your ATPLs etc and your future career in aviation. I can see that flying is important to you. Just do yourself a favour and do not mention Disley Aviation on your CV when applying for a job.

karl414ac
14th Jan 2010, 21:51
Many thanks sir

Karl

samposampo
14th Jan 2010, 22:52
CFS is not going to re-open, it's just another delay tactic, possibly to stop people taking them to court for the thousands it owes to students who handed it over thinking they were paying for flight training.

A new flying school Cleveland Flight Training is about to open it's doors at DTVA. Check out the web site for details.:D

Disley is nothing to do with it nor is it anything to do with CFS!!:=

gsg5
24th Jan 2010, 15:03
give jd a wide berth

disley was and still is bad news and always will be

karl414ac
24th Jan 2010, 18:24
GSG5,

Why is JD bad news may i ask?
Have you had dealings with him?
Do you even know him personally?

414AC

targetinsight
25th Jan 2010, 07:58
To JA+Karl
This appears to be the only way to contact you!!! Karl and JA whereever you are. You have a large sum of 'My' money in your CFS account. This is a test of your true busines loylalty and commitment. I will be contacting the the estate agent for your contact addess in order to arrange repayment of my money. Letters have also been sent to all the companys registered in your names detailed at companys house. If this formal request for the return of my funds is not answered. I/we will have no alternative to contact the authorities,
regards
TA

youlookingatme
25th Jan 2010, 22:48
Targetinsight

Checkout the Cleveland Flight Training website. Looks like someone called Phil Thompson is running a school in the Cleveland Flying School building. He should know how to get hold of Disley if he is paying rent or using the building, unless it is just a front. Doubt the airport will help you.

targetinsight
28th Jan 2010, 10:36
Thanks for the info

looks like Karls done a runner too :ok:

youlookingatme
1st Feb 2010, 11:14
Heard some people owed money by ex Cleveland Flying School been told by a Mr.Philip Cunliffe, who alledgedly is the person who owns what is left of Cleveland flying school to contact Cleveland Flight Training who will honour accounts/flights. Good news if true.

Also G-GALA ex Elstree warrior is at DTVA apparently in a sorry state still registered to Blackpool Helicentre, ex Disley outfit.

Just who exactly is pulling the strings at Cleveland Flight training/Cleveland Flying school?

karl414ac
1st Feb 2010, 16:36
Yes G-GALA the Archer is still up there sat in the cold :( !!! Lovly little plane to fly if your not bothered about avionics or shiney paint ... but it did start first time after 3 months

Karl414AC

PENNINE BOY
1st Feb 2010, 17:53
Karl,
Do you know what happened to the aircraft documents or where they are for the R22s that were sold from the Helicentre at EGNH?
Your help would be appreciated

PB

karl414ac
1st Feb 2010, 17:58
Sorry not my place to say in public but if you pm me with you name am sure i could assist

Karl414AC

targetinsight
3rd Feb 2010, 13:52
The two new schools at dur-tees CFT and DFT both are looking good and professional, problem is now we are spolt for choice, however bit bi'ased towards DFT as CFT is paying rent to u know who!!! RG still a good guy...

How do I contact Mr.Philip Cunliffe can anyone help ? I wants me dosh to get new membership !!!

fue6eh
3rd Feb 2010, 17:57
Durham Tees Flight Training, located at the Aviation Business Centre by gate 7 is offerring free membership until the end of the year to ex CFS members flying with them.

targetinsight
12th Feb 2010, 10:02
Thanks Will do

Please note anyone still with a valid claim can use HMcourts or money claim online or better still debt recovery specialists on 0151 520 2422 all routes are cheap and cheerful and satisfying ..... good luck

ps Disley is still in legally active in business at the old CFS.

fue6eh
12th Feb 2010, 16:59
They will be pleased to see you. They do not ask for any money up-front , so you are not risking your cash again. see www.dtft.co.uk (http://www.dtft.co.uk) for details.

rotorboater
22nd Feb 2010, 11:56
I followed a nice new Bentley convertible yesterday D15SLY - anything to do him?

TimGriff6
25th Feb 2010, 12:39
That would be the one that was in a photo in an earlier thread. If it hasn't been sold to someone who decided to keep the plates, perhaps the Disley empire has not suffered too badly from its dabbling in aviation!

dylies
28th Feb 2010, 20:29
Was it being driven by a fat, ugly bald bloke with a fake tan?

Lets hope the car is not leased, then we can slam a court order on it!

youlookingatme
1st Mar 2010, 19:17
Maybe he needs to go on claire sweeneys Big Fat Diet:E

DADDY-OH!
12th Mar 2010, 12:35
This thread has gone quiet.... I take it all parties are satisfied & there's nothing more to gripe about from anybody......
:ok:

dylies
13th Mar 2010, 20:53
Oh no Daddy-oh! Long way to go yet. Watch this space.

DADDY-OH!
14th Mar 2010, 13:54
Dylies

Your name is an anagram of 'Disley'. Any particular reason?

targetinsight
30th Mar 2010, 08:08
Until i get my stolen money or should I say 'satisfaction' this thread is going on and on and on and on and on :=

does anyone have a photo of the Disley charactors for my debt collector:cool:

dylies
31st Mar 2010, 22:34
The guy you want is a certain Philip John Cunliffe who is director of Cleveland Flying School and also PJC estates Ltd. if you want his address look it up on the company house web site.

chenet
4th Apr 2010, 15:12
Bught my husband a trial flight from CFS but spent the last few weeks trying to phone to book it and just got an engaged tone so went to the school which is now CFT and were told they have no affiliation and given a mobile number for people with grievances or money on account. I was also given Disley's name. Have tried this a number of times and left a message. No one has got back to me. My voucher has now expired but I still want my money back! Will get onto Trading standards but not sure what else to do. Has anybody else gone down this route with any success? :{

chrisbl
4th Apr 2010, 15:49
I am afarid you ought to think of your money being lost forever. If you set out with a low expectation then you will not be disappointed.

You could try trading standards but they might just record your loss.

dylies
5th Apr 2010, 15:06
CFT say they have no affilliation with Disley, so how come they occupy a building owned by Disley, have bought their aircraft from Disley and Disley partner and director Phil Cunliffe seems to hang around there, no doubt collecting his rent or seeing who else he can screw. If you manage to get a response from Cunliffe on the phone, he comes over as if he knows nothing about people who have lost money and that he or one of his chronies Vicky will "sort it out for anyone that has lost money". Lies Lies and more Dylies. What happened to the nice couple that ran the bar? They seemed to know quite a bit about what was happening.

Chenet, if you paid with credit card then you should get your money back. If CTF is paying rent to Disley then they still have assets we can all go after, not to mention the contents of the bar and other furniture and equipment. I am already on to it. :E

Token Bird
7th Apr 2010, 16:16
Chenet,

As stated by Dylies, if you paid by credit card, you should be OK. If not, join the long list of creditors still trying to get money out of Disley, some of whom are owed thousands.

Dylies,

CFT are NOT affiliated with Disley. So they bought a couple of planes from them, hired some of the old staff and (perhaps naively) chose a similar name. But they are not the same company and have no financial obligation to CFS' creditors. If anyone is thinking of harrassing their poor hard-working receptionist, please don't. She already had to put up with enough s**t when she did work for Disley!

Personally if I was them I would have chosen different premises. It is hard not to get frustrated when you are owed money and you know Disley are still making money from that building!

PS. Gail and Carl, who ran the bar, now run a pub in Stockton.

targetinsight
14th May 2010, 11:29
After first hand experience ,this guy is as bad as disley charactor(well no charactor really) another target in the book for later !

horatio_b
14th May 2010, 23:16
He was declared bankrupt a couple of weeks ago.

Details can be found by searching the Insolvency service website

dylies
15th May 2010, 11:39
dodgey Cun* liffe

Yes I can confirm he was declared bankrupt April 30th 2010. What a shame eh:E! JD hopefully next, even though he is trying to keep a low profile, with his pathetic pleading that it is nothing to do with him or his fault. Its just a matter of time. These people fall on their arses eventually.

Token Bird

I am not harrassing anyone at CFT, thats not my style and ex-staff are not responsible or able to pay creditors. I realise they are only the foot soldiers and cannon fodder that people like Disley and Cunliffe use to hide behind, cowards that they are. I am sorry if anyone working there is getting a hard time from others because of past links with Disley but if you jump out the frying pan into the fire then sh*t happens.

D

TimGriff6
29th May 2010, 13:32
According to the Companies House website, Flyteam Aviation Ltd is being dissolved on or around 6th July 1010. I may be wrong but, as I understand it, a company cannot be dissolved while it owes money unless it goes into liquidation. If anyone has money owing to them by the company, now would be a good time to bring this to the attention of the Registrar of Companies together with any evidence. After 6th July, there is not going to be a company to recover any debt from so June looks like the last opportunity for creditors to get anything back.

TimGriff6
21st Jun 2010, 11:05
Looks like Companies House have suspended the company dissolution, Flyteam now share the Disley Aviation address as a registered office and Alex Barlow has just been appointed as a director. Does this mean they are going to start trading again?

flyboy247
29th Jun 2010, 13:07
iv'e spent the last month or so looking for a touring caravan and low and behold who should i see showing another buyer around a caravan sales but the elusive mr disley....he took them into the office on the site and we could hear his loud belly laugh from the other side of the sales pitch....
Black Bentley soft top in the car park..... im certain its him though hope they did'nt give him a deposit

karl414ac
3rd Jul 2010, 14:21
Why is everybody still digging on about this !!! the damage is done and it cant be reversed, its not like its the first company in aviation to close its doors. Look at the airlines that went bust leaving people stranded all over the world. Yes i did fly for disley and yes i was involved in the company and yes i do still speak to him from time to time. so put your handbags away and stop throwing blind punches into the air !!

AviationJunkie
3rd Jul 2010, 17:21
People will still go on about this until they have their money back which Mr Disley and Co. took from them before closing the doors. It is clear in this thread that the money is a big issue.

Karl414ac; you got some free flying by being an associate of Disley and even you have had trouble with that. I believe that this thread will continue to haunt people until justice in one form or another is done.

500quidspare
3rd Jul 2010, 20:57
According to The Sun, JD has been sunning himself in Spain, where the self-styled 'King of Marbella' is quoted as saying "This place makes perfect sense for British criminals on the run..."

New gangland wars in Costa del Sol prove crime is booming | The Sun |Features (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/features/3032066/New-gangland-wars-in-Costa-del-Sol-prove-crime-is-booming.html)

flyboy247
7th Jul 2010, 11:10
In responce to the flipent posting from Karl414ac.... yes it may be oh dear but for those of us who have paid monies into any side / branch of that racket only to recieve absolutly nothing back what so ever is a total
p---t---.
because you have what you think is a inside track to the workings of that conman you feel that you have the right to act as his mouth piece, well you know what you can say what you want and you can kiss what you want but you will not stop the people who are still '' down in the pocket '' from the whole thing having there say....
i wonder are you still flying him around or perhaps driving his nice vehicles.... or performing some other service for him as you proceed in your ''totally spellbound state '' that he seems to have you in...... :mad::mad:

Token Bird
11th Jul 2010, 07:20
Karl,

What will it take for you to understand why ex-members of staff have a right to be annoyed that they are still owed wages? Or do you think it's OK to work for free? People have food to buy and rent/mortgages to pay, you know. Or customers who have forked out for flying they never got to do?

I had to borrow money last year when they left me 2 1/2 grand out of pocket. I would like to be able to pay that money back, but despite a successful employment tribunal and a CCJ I still have seen no sign of it.

Please try to have some sympathy with the people who have lost money - lots of money!

TB

PENNINE BOY
11th Jul 2010, 15:44
So you are back on the scene Karl!

You made good reading in the local Fylde papers re your non appearance in court re the CAA plus your other court appearance, both leading to convictions plus costs!

You have obviously -ucked up any chance of obtaining employment in the aviation sector for the foreseable future! So stop posting and winding people up on this thread.

:= := :=

youlookingatme
11th Jul 2010, 19:17
Karl, what a :mad:plonk*r you are. Still supporting conmen and petty crooks like Disley. I guess it takes one to know one. Looks like you are just as happy to avoid your responsibilities, no doubt you learnt all this following your association with Disley and all the other pond life that suck up to him in the hope of catching a few crumbs.

You have no chance of a job in aviation now mate, perhaps Disley will let you polish his yacht, the non-existent one he does not own:ok:.

Perhaps that Sun reporter with his dumb article researched on the back of a postage stamp and about as credible as Disley version of events might get a better story if he looked into Disley 's background, plenty of dirt there. This story wil run and run and ..............

Token Bird you have my 100% sympathy. I wish you luck.

horsebox
11th Jul 2010, 22:21
Reading that Sun article. The King of Marbella reminds me of 'The Duke' from the film layer cake....

targetinsight
13th Jul 2010, 19:37
Karl.... das un guy vill be entered into das target book of names for future referance CAA 2
Ya gud

PS. sent some mystery shoppers to the school to suss it out, poor guy S***S himself when asked questions.... still paying rent to U Know who !!!
however dosnt look to busy so wont be long that disley income fails here 2

great

karl414ac
15th Jul 2010, 01:55
i want to end my connections with DA right here right now. i have not been involved with DA for many months now and from what i have sat down and read on here maybe it was for the best. The last time i flew for DA i did end up getting told off by the CAA as it turned out the A/C was not insured even though i was assured by PC that the aircraft was legal and fit to fly. B:mad:ks the aircraft was far from fit to fly as i found out on my return to blackpool i suffered alternator failure and very near dual comms failure and that the fuel pump had decided to not work. After that flight i decided to just stay away left the A/c on the main apron at BPL and never been involved since i risked my life to help a "friend" luckily i managed to keep my cool and get the bird on the ground taxied to the apron and walked away and not looked back since. Feel free to contact me if you want more info .

Karl

vw_nutter
15th Jul 2010, 10:08
I think everyone needs a big cuddle! :)

GIZZAJOB
15th Jul 2010, 17:28
Makes it sound like you were hard done too there Karl , everyone at bpl knew the state of that aeroplane except the pratt that was flying it , as PIC it is your responsibility to ensure the paperwork is in order , but you know that dont you :ugh:, so how many brushes with the the law is that now then

karl414ac
15th Jul 2010, 17:43
On the face of it the paperwork seemed in order all the certicates were in date. Having flown the A/C many times without event i deemed the A/C a trooper, well that changed 25 mins away from blackpool when it started falling to bits

GearDownFlaps
15th Jul 2010, 17:54
you definately said there karl that you were assured the aircraft was airworthy , that means you took someones word , you then say you risked your life , an alternator failure ?????? a near dual comms failure which is the same as saying , no comms failure and a fuelpump not working , which of these do you consider to be life threatening ? out of interest

GearDownFlaps
15th Jul 2010, 17:56
also if you read the above posts you have gone from talking loads of bollocks in support of this pilloch to one hell of a dramatic u turn in opinion , has one realised one has been an arse?

karl414ac
15th Jul 2010, 21:09
yes maybe one has been an arse as you put it . The mentioned problems with the aircraft i agree were not life threatening but who knows what else could of gone wrong with the aircraft along the way. I had looked at the A/C documents folder and seen that on paper was in order but at the other end (eg underwriters) it was a different story. Yes maybe i was being nieve in supporting him and not looking at the bigger picture. Gear down flaps if you are who i think you are, you have flown with me on many occasions in various A/C .

Karl

GearDownFlaps
16th Jul 2010, 12:55
Sorry karl i am not who you think I am , you have never flown with me , and you never will except maybe as a passenger

dylies
19th Jul 2010, 09:16
All very interesting but lets not get sidetracked from Disley who should be the whipping boy, Karl is just another naive victim of these people, used to do their dirty work.

Heard that Cleveland Flight Training Ltd in the building linked to Cunliffe the bankrupt, one time partner with Disley at Cleveland Flying School may have stopped operating. Their doors have apparently been closed this week. Anyone know what is happening and if Disley is involved or if any customers or staff owed money ....again!

david michael
20th Aug 2010, 09:41
It seems to me that they have bought a number of well established companies and destroyed them all. Is such a same for all the people that spent years buiding them up. cheap charter or not he could have kept them as flying schools instead of closing perfectly good businesses.

TimGriff6
17th Jan 2011, 07:44
Flyteam Aviation Ltd is back in the dissolution process - from the London Gazette with a date of 21/12/10:

NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN, PURSUANT TO SECTION 1000(3) OF THE COMPANIES ACT 2006, THAT AT THE END OF THREE MONTHS FROM
THE DATE OF THE PUBLICATION OF THIS NOTICE, THE NAMES OF THE COMPANIES LISTED BELOW WILL, UNLESS CAUSE IS
SHOWN TO THE CONTRARY, BE STRUCK OFF THE REGISTER AND THE COMPANIES WILL BE DISSOLVED.

I wonder if anyone who is owed money will be showing cause to the contrary.

Disley Aviation Ltd are still registered, but at a proper address shared by accountants instead of a mailbox (Richard House, Winckley Square, Preston, Lancashire, PR1 3HP).

Is it still possible that DA are serious about being involved in GA?

dylies
20th Feb 2011, 09:40
Finally things catching up with Mr. Jonathan Disley. Heard rumours his premises at Teesside seized by receivers and company no more.

Notice: 1279323 (Issue: 59670) (http://www.london-gazette.co.uk/issues/59670/notices/1279323)

WebCHeck - Select and Access Company Information (http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/231707071495621fe139f9162de8d64e/compdetails)

Nice:ok:.

horatio_b
20th Feb 2011, 16:09
I am sure Mr Disley will not be too concerned about this and will not be financially affected. The only thing that would have an effect would be if enough creditors raised concerns about his conduct (and he has previous form, being a former bankrupt) to convince the Insolvency Service to make a case for him being disqualified, as proven unfit to act as a company director.

horatio_b
21st Dec 2011, 20:22
JD was declared bankrupt this week

Individual Insolvency Register - Home (http://www.insolvencydirect.bis.gov.uk/eiir/IIRCaseIndivDetail.asp?CaseId=700430359&IndivNo=700969043&Court=PRES&OfficeID=600000007&CaseType=B)

rotorboater
21st Dec 2011, 20:49
Kind of ironic that the insolvancy address is senica house:O

TimGriff6
21st Dec 2011, 21:45
And the really ironic thing is that they can't even get his address right on the official paperwork!

on21
20th Mar 2012, 19:10
Interesting little piece in the local rag!

Accrington arrests made following alleged £700,000 fraud ring (From Blackburn Citizen) (http://www.blackburncitizen.co.uk/news/hyndburn/9600476.Accrington_arrests_made_following_alleged___700_000_ fraud_ring/)

flybyshark
24th Mar 2012, 22:41
Interesting but not surprising. Wonder if it will lead to an investigation of the aviation side of his businesses

safariflyer
8th Jul 2012, 13:33
This artiicle should tell you all you need to know about Mr Disley and the company he keeps. Disley aviations story is no different to any other company Mr Disley has been involved in. His time will come.
New gangland wars in Costa del Sol prove crime is booming | The Sun |Features (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/features/3032066/New-gangland-wars-in-Costa-del-Sol-prove-crime-is-booming.html)

Daily Star: Simply The Best 7 Days A Week :: News :: Gangster's 'justice' plea (http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/200192)
Quote: Pals who visited Courtney at his home last week included the “King of Marbella”, John Disley, from Lancashire, reportedly worth around £500million.

He said: “I’m letting Dave know that I’m here. It’s not a good situation.”

Some related financial history here as well:
Jonathan Disley has 6 company director or secretary appointments.

Short name - Jonathan Disley
Director ID : 906099513
Year of Birth: 1967

Address

Waterhouse Farm Water
Rossendale
Lancashire
BB4 9RA

Company Summary

Company Name Company Status
MILLENNIA SYSTEMS LIMITED Dissolved
HERON LEISURE ENTERPRISES LIMITED Dissolved
HERON LEISURE ENTERPRISES LIMITED Dissolved
ABLECONE LIMITED Dissolved
CHURCHFIELD LEISURE LIMITED Dissolved
MILLENNIA SYSTEMS LIMITED Dissolved (Director Resigned 17/05/1999)

Director Summary

Jonathan Disley has 4 company director or secretary appointments.

Director ID : 913673977

Address

Suite 60 City House
131 Friargate
Preston
Lancs
PR1 2EF

Company Summary

DISLEY AVIATION LIMITED In Liquidation
AUTOBODY CLINIC (PRESTON) LIMITED In Liquidation
DUXBURY CARAVANS LIMITED In Liquidation
CLEVELAND FLYING SCHOOL LIMITED Dissolved (Director Resigned 02/07/2009)

Director Summary

Jonathan Disley has 4 company director or secretary appointments.

Director ID : 914252228

Address

Suite 60 City House 131 Friargate
Preston
Lancashire
PR1 2EF

Company Summary

DISLEY AND MCFADDEN ESTATES LLP Active
HLW 384 LIMITED Active (Director Resigned 28/02/2011)
HELICENTRE BLACKPOOL LIMITED Active (Director Resigned 21/11/2011)
DISLEY AVIATION LIMITED In Liquidation (Director Resigned 03/09/2009)

A long long history of failed businesses yet sat on a £2m yacht in Marbella bragging about £500,000,000 of property interests and gangster connections. Something stinks does it not!

lanternman
27th Jul 2012, 13:37
Hi Guys,
I have been following this thread for quite a while. Feel like a fraud as I'm not in aviation, but joined this purely because of this thread. He took me for almost 20K setting up a business, and I have had no luck in getting it back. He resorted to threatening my family and sending people round with the threat to burn us out in our beds. I have given up getting my money back, first. He is on a suspended sentence for a fire at a reclaim yard at the moment, so as his latest fraud was committed whilst on this sentence I'm hoping he could be in for some real jail time. Finger and toes firmly crossed. Good luck to anyone who has dealings with this man, he is a horrible, horrible person. I can only hope his cell mate has a massive :mad: and an penchant for fat, baldy orange men:sad:

horatio_b
19th Apr 2013, 11:40
safely behind bars now:

Lancashire businessman Jonathan Disley?s millionaire world was make-believe - Local - Lancashire Evening Post (http://www.lep.co.uk/news/local/lancashire-businessman-jonathan-disley-s-millionaire-world-was-make-believe-1-5592365)

Beech_Boy
19th Apr 2013, 19:16
What A Shame

TimGriff6
21st Apr 2013, 13:08
Well done to the police - we knew what was happening but they had to prove it.

Big question is 'So how do we get our money back then?'

lanternman
18th May 2013, 09:20
God praise Lancaster Police they have finally nailed that B*stard Disley!!!! Four and a half years... Should have been 10. Now, the proceeds of crime hearing starts in four weeks. That's four weeks for everyone who has been robbed to tell Lancashire Police everything they know about him and try and get them to claim some money back. Good luck all of you, I am still very much in debt, but feel ten foot tall today knowing some semblance of justice has finally been done.

TimGriff6
18th May 2013, 16:25
'King of Marbella' jailed for fraud - News - Melton Times (http://www.meltontimes.co.uk/news/king-of-marbella-jailed-for-fraud-1-5107025)

'A fraudster from Hertfordshire dubbed the "King of Marbella" has been jailed for four and a half years for committing an elaborate £700,000 bank fraud'

A couple of years (with good behaviour) and £700k in the bank sounds like small punishment to me. Hopefully, the police will manage to get most of it back but it will be interesting to follow the next hearing.

targetinsight
7th Jul 2014, 14:23
hes in the pokey hurrah :p all his posh totty are big blokes now . now he knows what its like been screwed :)

TimGriff6
8th Jul 2014, 17:24
When the sentence was published in the press, it mentioned that a 'proceeds of crime' hearing would be scheduled for March 2014. Did anyone hear if it took place and if so, what happened?

Bird catcher 20
16th Dec 2014, 22:15
No poca. Sentenced squashed at the appeal court in march I think ? he's been out all year. Free

29_Grass
17th Dec 2014, 01:25
CM, formally of CFS setting another place at the table for Xmas? :E

horatio_b
7th Oct 2016, 18:51
I realise that this is old news, but just be warned that JD has now been released from prison and doesn't seem to have changed one bit.....

https://www.thesun.co.uk/archives/news/1140092/brit-conman-jailed-over-675k-scam-is-arrested-in-spain-at-wheel-of-his-450k-rolls-royce-phantom-with-dodgy-number-plates-on/