PDA

View Full Version : FMC speed constraint at LPA airspace

KristianNorway
15th Sep 2009, 20:30
Dear colleagues

Can anyone tell me why our FMC has a speed restriction of 250 kts below FL150 on climb out from LPA? I fly a B738 with FMC update 10.7.

There are theories of the same speed restriction following the area from the arrival segment.

Is this because of a given airspace classification?

akindofmagic
15th Sep 2009, 21:17
On at least one of the arrival procedures for LPA, there is a stated requirement to be at or below 250kts below FL150, beyond the SLPs.
Even though I couldn't find it stated on a plate, I have a dim memory of there being the same restriction on one of the RNAV departures.

KristianNorway
15th Sep 2009, 21:33
Sure?
I haven't seen it on any departure, but I may be mistaken of course.

At least I don't think there is any published speed constraint on the departures.

singpilot
15th Sep 2009, 22:14
I remember asking this once and being told that it keeps the departing guys 'sequenced' with the arriving guys until everyone has vertically separated.

KristianNorway
17th Sep 2009, 22:12
Hm.. but I can't see it stated anywhere. All tips are welcome :)

chin
17th Sep 2009, 23:09
Hey Kristian,
have a look at RAR (Rules and regulations general) of Spain. Either in Jeppesen or EAG or whatever Chart-supplier you use.

Tomi

Too Few Stripes
18th Sep 2009, 10:37
Check the AIP, it's not there. It's only a requirement for arrivals (hence stated on the plates). For some reason the FMC Nav guys seem to always program it for departures as well.

Rgrds.

Bearcat
18th Sep 2009, 11:32
on a day to day basis, speed restrictions at FL150 rarely are imposed.