PDA

View Full Version : 1e "Dutch Light Aircraft Fly-in" 2009

BX_Pixel
5th Sep 2009, 12:22
Hi Home-built friends,
The Dutch Homebuilt Aircraft Association NVAV welcomes you to our Fly-in.
11, 12 en 13 september 2009
This year we joined other parties in the Netherlands to combine their efforts to promote Light Aviation in Holland
This name of this event is;
1e "Dutch Light Aircraft Fly-in" 2009
Further information is available;
Dutch Light Aircraft Fly-in (http://www.flyin.nl/)
Please register at this website with your intentions.
It will be held on the Dutch island Texel
Texel Airfield. EHTX
http://www.texelairport.nl/
http://maps.google.com/maps?t=h&ie=UTF8&ll=53.117183,4.825598&spn=0.004887,0.00913&z=17
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
1e "Dutch Light Aircraft Fly-in" 2009
Texel Airfield. EHTX
camp by your plane | other accomodation
available | low fees | BBQ |
no transponder required | for info see:
1st Dutch Light Aircraft Fly-in
- General Aviation -
- Microlights -
- Motorgliders and Gliders -
- Experimentals -
- Classics and Warbirds -
endorsed by: AOPA | KNVvL | NVAV | Texel Airport
Please sign in as soon as possible, thank you!
Henkjan van der Zouw,
Chairman
NVAV
A special event will be the anniversary of the First Flight of a Dutch Homebuilt Aircraft 40 years ago.
A tribute to Cor Dijkman DulkesOnly just now, I realized something special about the coming Fly-in Texel.
The date 11-12-13 september 2009 for the 1st Dutch Light Aircraft Fly-In Texel Airfield coincides with the date my husband Cor Dijkman Dulkes, saw his homebuilt and self designed aircraft, registration de "PH-COR" make his first flight. Making it a starting point for homebuilt aircraft aviation in the Netherlands.
This flight took place exact 40 years ago, in the weekend of 12 and 13 september 1969. The plane was flown by Jaap van Ham.
I recommend the story about Cor `s activities on homebuilt and self designed aircraft.
Actually this very special plane, from 1969 has been on display in the Aviation Museum, situated on the Texel Airfield, making it an opportunity of lifetime, to see yourself this historical aircraft during your visit to Texel.
I`m grateful the organisations (NVAV, KNVvL, AOPA) will play tribute to my husband and commemorate this event which took place 40 years ago.
The admissionfee to the museum is reduced from 3,50 to 2,50 Euro per person, this weekend for participating pilots and passengers. On saterday 12 the museum will be open until 18.00 hr for this special occasion.
I wish you a fine weekend and am looking forward to meet you at Texel, have a safe flight.
Your,
Wolanda Dijkman Dulkes

More deeplinks;
http://www.nvav.nl/index.php?view=details&id=42%3A1e-qdutch-light-aircraft-fly-inq-2009&option=com_eventlist&Itemid=62

BackPacker
5th Sep 2009, 20:07
Be advised that if you fly to/from Texel, along the Dutch coast, on Saturday Sep 12th, that you need to keep an extremely good lookout roughly between Hoek van Holland (Hook of Holland) and Scheveningen.

That Saturday there will be a "Grote Hoogvliegersdag" at Rotterdam Airport (EHRD) where the Stichting Hoogvliegers, together with the Vliegclub Rotterdam and a few other groups will arrange for approx. 120 handicapped and chronically ill kids to pilot a light aircraft for a few minutes. Most of these 120 flights will route EHRD to Scheveningen, south along the coast to Hoek van Holland then along the Nieuwe Waterweg back to EHRD.

Keep to the right of the coastline, maintain a sharp lookout, turn on all your lights if possible.

And of course have a very nice time at Texel. It's a lovely airfield and a lovely island.

AC-DC
6th Sep 2009, 20:05
I think that anyone outside Holland will be fool if he/she comes unless the 406 ELT is fitted to their aircraft.

wsmempson
6th Sep 2009, 23:12
Hmm. IF I elected to go (without an elt), should I have my mode-s transponder on or off....? :confused:

BackPacker
7th Sep 2009, 06:43
On and off. :}

Practically speaking, it's rather simple.

If you don't have mode-S, you are essentially confined to altitudes below 1200' and if you happen to have a mode A or A/C, leave it off all the time. Or contact LVNL (the Dutch NATS) beforehand to ask what they want.

If you do have mode-S turn it on at all times, except underneath the Schiphol TMA 1 and in the Lelystad and Hilversum ATZs - all three are NOTAMed as SRZ wrt. transponder usage. If you get this wrong ATC will tell you.

This is not the whole story. There are bits of airspace where you can fly higher than 1200' without a (mode S) transponder but you'd have to dive into the official documents for that. But the Netherlands is so flat that you will not bump into anything when transiting at 1000'-1200'.

As for ELTs, yes, they are required for international flight but the Dutch are not actively enforcing this.

So despite all the hype you're hearing, it's not that bad, really.