PDA

View Full Version : BA DECs coming to Emirates

gardenshed
20th Aug 2009, 05:55
Have heard through the jungle drums that between 10 to 20 ex BA Captains are on there way to Emirates as DECs for the B777, if true another great example of man management from those in the ivory towers.:D

jackbauer
20th Aug 2009, 07:31
Are these the same jungle drums that told you about EK parking aircraft? Go back to sleep mate!!:zzz:

desertflyer
20th Aug 2009, 07:31
Stop being a pain in the AR*SE and posting baseless rumors MATE!!:ugh:

snaproll3480
20th Aug 2009, 07:43
That makes absolutely no sense.

H1N1
20th Aug 2009, 08:51
I don't think they would do that; it is just another silly rumor; however, I wouldn't be surprised if they did it.

Jet II
20th Aug 2009, 09:14
Are these the same jungle drums that told you about EK parking aircraft?

what aircraft are EK parking? - last I heard they were being pressured by Airbus to take another 5 A380's over the next 6 months.

EGGW
20th Aug 2009, 09:52
EK aren't parking any aircraft. NO DEC's yet, it is silly season after all :ugh:
Unless you know different of course :p

EGGW

gardenshed
20th Aug 2009, 12:11
As told to me by one of the ground instructors at the training college last week.

411A
20th Aug 2009, 13:28
SQ did the same, many years ago.
However, it didn't work out so well...as the ex-BA guys found out that they actually were expected to work for the salary offered.
After about 18 months, they had all disappeared.

emratty
20th Aug 2009, 13:33
More Toodle pips:eek: Don't often agree with 411A but I think they may find the work a little bit on the busy side and you can't take your golf clubs on trips any more.

millerscourt
20th Aug 2009, 13:53
411A That may well have been the case in 707 days at SQ but when London basings came up on the B744 the BA guys were trampling over each other to join:D Cannot quite see the same happening at EK as I guess 55 is no longer compulsory retirement age at BA and one has to be based in Dubai.

h3dxb
20th Aug 2009, 13:59
Gents
No parking planned, otherise I would know. Got a mail from a recruiter that a ME carrier is looking for certifying engineers on A330/340/380 and B777.
Does we have a problem here ?:}
With starting of 15K do NOT expect the best :ugh:

DEC ? I think the crisis is over. Who will come and join a 3rd world airline ?

Rgds

MrMachfivepointfive
20th Aug 2009, 15:44
Complete garbage. There are oodles of reasons to be wound up - but not BA DECs.

kotakota
20th Aug 2009, 16:22
It IS possible that there might be BA DECS coming , quite a lot of senior captains applied for 'early retirement ' when Willie Walsh offered it the other day . Nice goodbye package and a possible offer of EK employment at the same time ? Spend 3 years out of the UK tax system...etc etc.........

Murrenfan
20th Aug 2009, 17:05
Not a rumour this time guys. Just got the same info as Gardenshed did during my SEP a few days ago from one ground instructor. That will be three groups with 8 decs each. According to the new FCI, hiring decs now is at their discretion, despite havig suitable qualified FOs or not.
Mfan.

PorkKnuckle
20th Aug 2009, 17:29
We need DECs to replace all the guys who've recently "resigned", as TCAS puts it. Or is that too much of a happy coincidence?

40&80
20th Aug 2009, 17:40
Same DEC.... 12 BA pilots retired at age 55 and index linked pensions and also one ex Cathay Captain was attempted for the L1011 at GF...caused many resignation amongst the expat F/o and adverse comments from GF Captains... thus BA DEC Captains were informed they could stay only as F/O on their second day in Bahrain and around five did...however like 411A said they did not hang around very long.
Cathay Captain was failed in the GF sim and he later intern failed the GF man who failed him...as he was now incharge at Air Lanka.
Just another failure old boy.
I was suprised to see these 12 BA Captains for the first time at my L1011 SEP recheck complete in GF uniforms and wearing GF four gold bars
and being paid 12 year GF salery increments...do not expect these BA guys to join on year one Captains salery...also check out if any golden inducements have been paid or promised...anyway it was stopped in GF.

ANFA
20th Aug 2009, 19:33
Only three groups of eight??? Why stop there?

Resuming the recruitment of DEC's, at their discretion, is this airline's right. Forget that there are qualified in-house canditates, and forget that any shortage of in-house upgrade material has been conveniently manufactured to create justification for such a move.

As things stand, this has little impact on individuals already set to wait 5-7 years for command. Furthermore, the airline doesn't care if anyone leaves in a huff after their contract expires. In fact, the longer a guy waits for upgrade, the higher his salary when he crosses over. That's an excellent reason to be encouraging senior FOs to pack it in while there is a plentiful supply of qualified guys begging to take their seats.

The FOs who feel duped by recruiting and the subsequent FCI changes are merely playing their role of occupying seats while the airline goes about its long term plans. Things were tough on the hiring side, now it's Fat City with guys like this supposed BA Bunch looking for a nice little top off before flying west (for retirement).

Hopefully they'll transition nicely and do their job without much disruption in the ranks. The right seaters in this airline need to clearly understand their role in the EK scheme of things, and stop trying to think management cares one bit about fairness, loyalty, seniority, or their personal sense of professional merit.

This is all about the almighty Dirham, and no amount of indignation will change the airline's plans, whatever they may be.

ANFA

Wiley
20th Aug 2009, 23:55
Have some sympathy for the poor buggers if they come to EK. They'll have to unlearn the BA "pilot-flying-not-flying-but-sometimes-manipulating-and-sometimes-not-manipulating-all-in-one-sector" system to learn - word perfect - the EK way of doing exactly the same thing.

GoreTex
21st Aug 2009, 09:03
of course they are coming, that was planned for a long time, stealys old boys club, retire early from BA, join emirates, play golf, get BA pension plus EK salary and will finally retire on the biggest airplane in the world.

Fubaliera
21st Aug 2009, 13:49
Thank god thier going to Ek and not QR

Qatari515
21st Aug 2009, 13:54
Says who? One can never be too sure...

NoJoke
21st Aug 2009, 15:05
I don't think they would come to QR; most of them can read. :}

gotoindia
22nd Aug 2009, 21:48
Why would anyone with 20-30 years of experience want to enjoy 22 days out of 31 getting paid to ride around in a first class suite? Nobody I know.

So why would they want to fly the thing in either seat the same number of days each month?

That's goes for ex BA as well as current EK.

EKBemused
24th Aug 2009, 06:36
Hi! all,
I'm sure gotoindia is a carrela, that is why he presumed he could be on the left seat of a wide body A/C iso a fat ### you dont see him with, cus he is not a bollywood star and all the tight ### girls are taken :)
As to DEC's if you guys had any decent experience apart from flying pencil jets around your home town, may be EK would think about upgrading you.
Also If you thought flying around Chandigargh would make you a prime candidate for an inexperienced left seater, deream on :)
This is the real world, where companies need men not boys.

Praise Jebus
24th Aug 2009, 07:46
Ok, that made complete sense??

MTOW
24th Aug 2009, 08:15
...Well, after reading EKBemused's post, I'm... er... well, bemused.

WTF was he saying?

...anyone?

EGGW
24th Aug 2009, 08:38
No idea either. Bemused any chance of a translation please, or it gets deleted, as subsequent posts will be made trying to translate :ugh:

EGGW

ANFA
24th Aug 2009, 12:34
A cohort of the illustrious Grammatica no doubt!

Carnage Matey!
24th Aug 2009, 12:53
Given that there are only 15 777 Captains leaving BA they won't be filling the 3x8 courses. Especially as most of them are quitting flying for good.

montencee
24th Aug 2009, 13:09
Found this in EKBemuseds public profile on this board:

Current a/c Type (eg B737. Pilots only):B777
Biography:Born in Chittagong, Raised in Karachi,joined PK in 1980 and joined EK as a DEC in 2005.

Which possibly explains his unpleasant comments about his nearby countrymen, although not his comments about his colleagues on the other side of the EK Flight deck.

411A
24th Aug 2009, 21:46
Ex-British Airways pilots want (and need) flying handed to them on a silver platter, especially if based, mid-east.
I wouldn't worry too much about them actually remaining for very long.

Proven...time and time again, elsewhere.:}

Just the facts.:rolleyes:

in FACT is
25th Aug 2009, 16:16
Hope they will apply to Oman Air, they are looking for above average skill DEC, to fly with their well trained F/O, if they can passed the assesment that being conducted by more above average skill Captain:ugh: they were proud and just failed 7 ex SAS pilot in Europe:confused: