PDA

View Full Version : Interesting places to fly too ???

nickyboy007
15th Aug 2009, 17:11
Hi Guys,

Looking for some interesting places to fly to about 1hr - 1:30hr flight time from Stapleford ? I have done all most major one nearby such as Manton Shoreham Lydd Southend Norwich.

Nick

A and C
15th Aug 2009, 17:15
Try Lille or Ostend.

Leezyjet
15th Aug 2009, 18:06
Bembridge, Duxford, Coventry, Le2K, Old Buckenham....loads of places you can go to.

:)

robin
15th Aug 2009, 18:32
Depends on what type you are flying in, doesn't it......

IO540
16th Aug 2009, 14:48
Nothing terribly interesting in the UK. Try France - but not the N coast necessarily. Try La Rochelle, etc.

mad_jock
16th Aug 2009, 15:05
Heathrow without talking to anyone :p

Cornwall was quiet nice when I was down there last.

And Scilly's was well worth a visit bit, further than you planned though

A and C
16th Aug 2009, 18:03
Landing fees & food is cheaper in France, plus HMR&C pay for my lunch when I go abroad!

FREDAcheck
16th Aug 2009, 20:53
Nothing terribly interesting in the UK. Try France - but not the N coast necessarily. Try La Rochelle, etc.
about 1hr - 1:30hr flight time from Stapleford If it's a 100kt plane, where can you get in France beyond the N coast? Not La Rochelle I assume - according to Google Earth that's 334nm as the crow (not necessarily the plane) flies from Stapleford. Or are we talking something a lot faster than a 172/Warrier?

Choxolate
17th Aug 2009, 08:54
Compton Abbas - has it all - good restaurant, helpful & friendly staff, excellent surrounding country (Jurassic Coast, lots of iron age earthworks scattered about).

Just be careful if approachuing from the south - it can diffciult to find behind the row of trees - easier approach from the north, find Shaftesbury and its a couple of miles due south.

jtipper1
17th Aug 2009, 10:51
Caeranavon worth a visit on a nice day.. great views over the top of Snowdon on a good day.. walk to the beech from the airfield... museum....

dan_egcb
17th Aug 2009, 10:55
If you had a nice fast machine, that cruise at around 140kts and your willing to stop over go to Plockton on the Kyle of lacalsh. You land sign the visitors book no hi vis jackets cheap landing fee and no idiot with clipboards! Walking in to the town centre and have a dabble at the sea food restaurant!

Try eddsfield on the n.e coast that nice!
Denham and whitwaltham aswell! And compton abbas!

I want to go and aviate now!