PDA

View Full Version : Class Rating Examiner Priveledges

Needles Crossed
12th Aug 2009, 20:12
Hi Guys and Gals

Been trying to look into the privileges of the JAR Class Rating Examiner(SEP) however the information isn't very clear. Would anyone be able to confirm my understanding of Lasors, that the CRE is authorised to conduct skills test for the issue of the SEP for pilots who already hold a valid licence. My other question is whether the CRE is able to sign the Rating Page in order to renew the rating and assess candidates on language proficiency.

I came across the qualification and can't make up my mind on whether its worth forking out the money!

ifitaintboeing
12th Aug 2009, 21:54
See CAA Standards Document 21 (A) Section 3.3

http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/Standards%2021v6.pdf

Details of privileges are in the 'Authorisation' section.

Cheers,

ifitaint..

Whopity
12th Aug 2009, 22:19
I came across the qualification and can't make up my mind on whether its worth forking out the money.Its not quite that simple, you have to have a reason for applying i.e. there has to be a need for such an examiner. The primary purpose of the CRE is in the AOC environment, not for doing random tests. Have you seen the costs for issue and revalidation?

Needles Crossed
13th Aug 2009, 13:23
thanks for the standards doc and info. you're right the prices are quite steep!

the standards doc also says that for a PPL FE you have to hold an IMC and privileges to instruct applied instrument...something I wasn't aware of!

Whopity
13th Aug 2009, 21:32
Thats interesting, as the CAA cannot insist on you holding a National Qualification in order to obtain a JAA Authorisation! Another one for a Regulation 6 appeal. Whilst most examiners are so qualified I believe there are some who are not.