PDA

View Full Version : Executive Turbine.....Ha, ha, ha

Jangys
31st Jul 2009, 09:03
Rumour has it that Executive Turbine only paid half salaries to crew and staff???

Is this true....??:confused:

shutupanfly
31st Jul 2009, 12:01
And what exactly do you find funny? Do you not like the company or the staff, do you want more people out on the street sans job............:hmm:

JetPark
31st Jul 2009, 12:04
I'd like to see the look on his face when the same thing happens to him:=

RICCARDOVOLANTE
31st Jul 2009, 15:09
Salary?????
pilot should work for FREEE.
You see what happen ??? when pilots are stubbing other pilots company will take advantage of it and will do everything they want to do.

Learn the lesson and let all the airplane on the GROUND.
R.V.

three eighty
31st Jul 2009, 15:45
If this is true then a fail to see the "ha ha ha" in it!

suitcaseman
1st Aug 2009, 08:45
I would imagine the "Ha, ha, ha" was nothing more than a sneer at a company that claims to be "Executive" but short changes its staff. Dont take everything so personally.

Still, if its true, I would rather have half pay and a job than no job and no pay at all.

RICCARDOVOLANTE
1st Aug 2009, 11:05
suitcaseman .
Negative , negative negative
Better let sit on the ground all the airplanes and you will see if does not pay any longer.
If we are not playing the hard way we are going back the old days where pilots were flying for free.
DON to accept it
Lets be together on this
ground all the airplane now.
R.V.

KRONOS
2nd Aug 2009, 09:16
Stand together , what a joke, want some cheese with that whine....E.T. and Quilla screwed the market by paying crew exorbitant salaries, guess what, it was and still is unsastainable, where are those company's now...:} flush

RV why dont you ground the whole contract fleet with a strike? and see what happens, there are a lot of North American crew that will fly for a lot less than S.A. crew, and be more than happy with half pay than no pay at all, ask the guys let go by Solenta, E.T., Fedair, Avstar, Norse, the list goes on, aviation is where it was 10 years ago, stop complaining, do what you are paid to do, dont break the rules, fly safe, F.I.F.O.there really is a lot of crew, probably better than you , looking for work...

RICCARDOVOLANTE
2nd Aug 2009, 10:17
KRONOS
You stop doing that you hope in someone will give you the job for less or you are one those guys that wanna pilots work for free.
Norse air was not pay more that waiter working at the table in North America .
All those company you mentioned they shut down for the mismamangement and not for the miserable salary given to pilots .
You wanna just doing all for you nothing for others.
Sure it is nice to have y6our boss travel with the latest mercedes benz model in while I do not have no money for my family because there are people like you that do not have Balls.
Who screw us are pilots or manager like you that threat a pilots like slave .
What do you think that just a beer will do for a guy flying in RDC ? e??Malaria , revolutions and so on?/ Sure I will go fly and I will kiss the hand of the boss.
Now the market is screwed because of all those bunch of no sens of Human resorsuse , assistant deputy manager , deputy manager and so on... For each pilot there are from three to five managers over him doing nothing.....
people steal money from the company live S.A. go to Europe and say that was fault the pilots if they went bankruptcy , it is an old story everybody knows that.
Read the latest article about the incident that occurred in Colgan air , even the FAA says that what pilots people can you excpect when companies pays the own pilots 15000USD per year???
Are we going crazy here 15000 USD is what you get working as waiter and even more.
That is enough
lets back to change all the situations here. Lest cut the balls and ground all the airplane of all those miserable that abuse our category NOW lets ground now before is to late .
Lets make all those smarts pilots that wanna fly for less ,not to be able to find a job.
Guys put in your mind that UN/ONG and Customers pay a lot of money for the pilots for you guys out there and who is getting in their pocket are those bunch of CEO) , Managers a and so on ..
look their life style .. guys weak up look at their life style??and now compare to yours .. see what a big difference there is ... that t because they do not wanna reduce their profit at any cost ... so no spare parts.. no money for pilots and so on....
Lets ground the airplanes NOW.
R.V.

suitcaseman
2nd Aug 2009, 11:36
Easy to say but I'm guessing you have a job. When you have been unemployed for 6 months, your cash reserves are gone and you dont know how you are going to pay the rent or feed your family your attitude may be a little different. It's all about supply and demand and unfortunately as pilots its not our time now.

And by the way, I was not being negative at all, quite the opposite. I dont know the company or the people but just trying to justify the original thread statement as Jangys took a lot of flack.

RICCARDOVOLANTE
2nd Aug 2009, 11:51
suitcaseman,
My last job was the 15 July of 2008, now we are in august 2009.
I guess it is more tha 1 year I do not work.
At the mean time I refused several jobs included Captain on the B737 in Cong RD because they were paying 3500USD per month and did not want to destroy the market.
I do not have any cash in my pocket and God knows how I am living now, thanks to my wife job and full of debts.
So please don't come to me and telling me about no jobs and short on cash if you do not want that I write a country song about this my life in this year.
Still that is the only way to go because pretty soon you will not have not even that half if you are still alive to get it.When company are short the first two thinks goes away are spare parts and pilot salary.
Just remeber.
Today two new incident in Idonesia read about it and see if we do not ground it we crash it.
R.V.

suitcaseman
2nd Aug 2009, 12:26
Would you please send me the address of the company in Cong RD so I can post my CV.:}

(Not really, just winding you up)

What you going to do when your wife loses her job?

RICCARDOVOLANTE
2nd Aug 2009, 15:07
Here you are ,be my guest

GTRA AIRWAYS

GSM : (243)990398517
E-MAIL : [email][email protected][email]

"What you going to do when your wife loses her job? "
I have accepting before lower pay ,not half, but lower pay and in two cases I didn't even get those money still.
One was in Senegal on the Be200 called "SenegalAir "
and the other one was in Uganda as D/O on the B737 was "Skyjet Uganda"
I lost money and I never got my salary .
Is not that worse?
And you know why? because pilots that believed that to them would never happen they accepted the job without the monthly salary due ,well now not even them got paid .
Now how about I do not get my salary at all? worse .How about I crash and I cannot flying any longer?There is not insurance coverage in most those companies and in any case the fault will be always mine,the pilot fault.
In this case what my family would?
No
Now we have the chance to change the situation because now is the right time.
Many company are expanding and new company are opening up.
Do not believe to what the news and your boss says just see how many young pilots are getting with 200 hours job on the Airbus ,B737 and so on ..
But you see if we still have incompetent manager that jump from one company to another one like that one that was CEO of Skyeurope ,two days after one of his airplane was impounded on the runway for insolvency , He quit and got a job as CEO to Air arabia.
I can tell you several story about that where manager who failed to manage properly their company they just quit and get a job with another company.
It is time to speak up .Time to let sit on the ground those airplane, time to burn the ground of those pilots who wanna work for a beer or less, pilots that fly junk airplane .
Lets finish with that
Lest REFUSE now.

Jangys
3rd Aug 2009, 06:49
And what exactly do you find funny? Do you not like the company or the staff, do you want more people out on the street sans job............

Nope, I really like the staff, and do not want to see people out on the streets without jobs...but I dont think ET Management shares the same....

The funny thing is, why do they call themselves Executive??

jangys = small penis if he finds another company's strife a laughing matter.

shame, i have to pity people like him.

With a name like "kleintjie" you just gave it away...want to compare??

Fuzzy Lager
3rd Aug 2009, 08:15
You really are a piece of work. You are out of work so you encourage everyone else to join you in the unemployment queue. When you were working, your posts were all about grounding aeroplanes too. So you ground the aeroplane, the company has no income, you lose your job and then you are surprised. Man, you must be thick.

People like you do so much damage to aviation, its image and the morale of the crew that you work with. Why don't you go be a waiter in north America? Betting you may not get great tips with your approach to life.

If it is true about the ET salaries then sterkte guys, I hope it works out for you.

B200Drvr
3rd Aug 2009, 08:25
KRONOS,
I cant speak for ET, as I never worked for them, but I can speak for Qwila, as I did work for them. First of all Bruce SOLD Qwila, it didn't close down.
Furthermore, they didn't ruin the contract industry by paying higher wages, they paid a fair wage for the work being done, it was most of the other companies that were/ are short changing their crews.
Qwila had good contracts like the ICRC which paid more, and that was in turn filtered down to the crews, but not in some astronomical figure that your post suggests. I also worked for an American outfit doing the same contracts, and was paid almost double the SA salaries!!!
How strange.

RICCARDOVOLANTE
3rd Aug 2009, 10:48
So you ground the aeroplane, the company has no income, you lose your job and then you are surprised

Job ???? what job???

Look at the dictionary at the word JOB and see what It says .
Maybe it says :
Job is work with an underpaid salary?
Job is work without remuneration?
I do not think so.
So what job I am loosing if I do not get paid?

About the moral of the pilots so it is my fault and not fault of the companies that do not pays their salary to their employers and make them fly with junk airplane .
Sure It is my fault because I say that Pilots got the power to change the situation to make them better and not to be treated like an alcoholics stupid.
I met so many pilots with so low self consideration due to people like you and the case is that most of them are .....not any longer among us .
No I tell you we should ground the airplanes .
No money no job.
There will be always company that will open up do not worry.
Lets be together on this No Money , No fly.
R.V.

RICCARDOVOLANTE
3rd Aug 2009, 10:53
I was making 400 USD per day , plus food or in the hotel or in any restaurant in Lumb. Free accommodation,plus free internet, plus cell phone ,plus free international and local call, 24 per day car with a driver, free medical Insurance, plus all the travel to and back home in business class.
Flying the Beech 1900 D.
R.V.

Carrier
3rd Aug 2009, 13:49
Job is an acronym for “Just Over Broke!”

The wealthy usually became so by being entrepreneurs. You are unlikely to get rich by having a job.
However, in the 21st century there is a reasonable minimum expectation that any job will enable a person to survive, as in pay for accommodation, food, clothing, medical treatment, car, the occasional vacation, etc. It should not be necessary for the job holder to have to deplete savings and thereby subsidise the employer. Regrettably that situation exists far too often in aviation.
Bottom-feeding companies that exploit employees do not deserve any respect. We should all work to improve the situation and weed out such operators. Apart from employee treatment, another reason is safety. If they are prepared to be cheap and cut corners with employees then it is a fair and reasonable assumption that they are likely to do the same in other areas, such as maintenance, operating procedures, overloading, etc.

PhoenixDC
3rd Aug 2009, 14:58
Ah….. so refreshing to once more read the RV ranting and raving again.
If you have been making so much loot in the past, you should have sufficient funds to keep you going for the next ten years. But from your postings, I would imagine that your holding down a flight job for more than a week would have been a long time before any management would have been glad to see the last of you.
I, on the other hand have flown most of the contracts that exist on the African continent and currently fly both prop and jet on a free lance basis for a reasonable remuneration.
Behave in a reasonable manner, and you too could be turning down requests to fly.
The contract companies out there need to turn a profit, but hey, if you continue to throw your toys out of the cot like a spoilt brat, and ground the aircraft on a regular basis, they will go bust and no longer employ.
My advice to you is that if you cannot beat them, join them and put your money where your mouth is. Buy an aircraft, operate it and employ crew, then you can implement all your ideas to your hearts content.
Please keep your post short and to the point, and most of all lucid.

SIDESTICKDRIVER
3rd Aug 2009, 15:21
All Jangys was asking if there was any truth in the rumour............. maybe somebody can reply to his post, Don't think it was an unreasonable question!!:ugh:

RICCARDOVOLANTE
3rd Aug 2009, 16:52
Short and easy.
two questions for you:
1} How much is a profit for a companies ?
2)When I can ground an airplane?
The moral is:
If companies out ther they have turn in profit ,
It is not right the other way around means Pilots should make profit ?

I will make you lucid simple statement :
What is a company? Its waht? the boss house ? all we should work because he can drive his nice car?
Or we are the company and all have too share a nice part of profit?
Managers and CEO take bonuses on my job, shall take also bonuses too?
and if not why not?
Today I read that UN is more likely to cut the aviation services contracts for luck of moneys .
Sure with all the money they used to pay the operatars of course that will ends the contracts.
Now it is fault of pilots or maybe operators are too ...on the money?
I have been flying in Africa sine the time when cellualr phone,GPS and so on wher in the dream of Leonardo da Vinci.
So don t give me lesson about Africa , operators and junk airplane please and please next time you are posting any reply to anyone wanna improve pilots life please do not do that OK.
Just remember there are young kids out there that believe that fly a junk airplane for little or no money in a place of Bukavu during the revolution in a bad weather is normal things to do.
Do not do that because people like you are the major responsible of this nont normal mentality that have been caused dead pilots.
Just remeber the Beech 1900 down to Bukavu and never forget.
R.V.

Malagant
3rd Aug 2009, 17:49
Can anyone verify that it is indeed the case with E.T? I have asked a contract engineer that I know and he says he received his full salary but not sure about the crew.

PS. RV, why don`t you just start a thread on whats bugging you and go whine on your own? If you such an old pilot that just about met the Wright brothers and pioneered flying in Africa maybe by now you would have been a 747 Capt or something! If you 737 rated as you say why not go to flightinternational.com and see the jobs available for such an experienced pilot as yourself!:suspect:

RICCARDOVOLANTE
3rd Aug 2009, 17:57
Malagant
because I am looking for your job.
yes I wanna get your job to your company for less money and even for free.
I wanna see you unemployed .
It has been clear?

maxrated
3rd Aug 2009, 18:33
Apparently all the ET guys have been paid fully.

Rumor has it that ET / MR B.L. just bought 8 ( Yes Eight) beech 1900D's all late models, which may possibly have had something to do with the minor cash flow hiccup over the weekend.

GALANT
3rd Aug 2009, 20:28
Hi Guys!
Yes, all ET staff got half salary for last month. I am:D a current employee of ETK and our "BOSS" is out on compulsory leave.For sure ETK is going down and it's all about B.L attaitude. Most of his planes are now parked and apparently no spare parts to service the a/c.
He came to Kenya hoping to wipe out other operators but he had the wrong team around. The best thing for him now is to get his acts right and avoid normal court cases he had in S.A and know who is who. All I know now is Kenya Civil Aviation Authority is watching ETK'S maintainance and i think they have documented evidences before they make a move.:=:ugh:

january
3rd Aug 2009, 20:42
Executive Turbine is a very nice company to work for, i was a et employee myself once and it was the best job ever and we were paid in full.
maybe it changed now.
:sad: i would have gone back there any day.

but aviation is aviation.
if you have a job anywhere hang on to it

Malagant
4th Aug 2009, 07:22
The only thing that is clear is that you are a f:mad: , just go open a thread with your gripes and stop beieng negative on this particular thread.

Malagant
4th Aug 2009, 07:30
Everyone is affected by the economic downturn, if ET get paid late by contractors it in turn effects everyone, so it might be that, but I also know that they will try and make sure that everybody gets paid what is owed. For the record ET didn`t go to wipe out other contractors, it was a matter of logistics from what I understand, more central to all the contract aircraft for maintenance.

suitcaseman
4th Aug 2009, 08:16
Sounds like the company is fighting for its survival. Like I said before, rather half pay for a while than no job at all. (My opinion only - I know RV does not agree but thats his opinion only)

Der absolute Hammer
4th Aug 2009, 08:56
I think Riccardovolante should receive the congratulations for trying to do communications in English.
But here he asks two questions and he asks them on an African forum, so here, possibly, is an African answer.

Short and easy.
two questions for you:
1} How much is a profit for a companies ?
2)When I can ground an airplane?

1. None of your bloody business.
2. When you are at home base and you have told your boss you are going to do so and it is not too late at night for some corrective maintainance to be done before the early the next day.

Also, it is not good to attempt to rabble rouse when unemployed, no matter how highly qualified (B737/200?). Anyone can scream from the gutter. European unity is a myth and African unity only held together by AIDS - new strain found in Cameroon - comes now from gorillas - so how on the earth do you expect pilot unity-especially amoing pilots who don't eat gorillas, play with chimpanzees or have SIDA?
Find a job, get on and do it, put your head down and fight for the survival of your company, no matter how much you hate them because, like a good combat Sergeant, he's the one keeping your panda parts out of the wierdy mierdy when the firing is looking at you.

RICCARDOVOLANTE
4th Aug 2009, 10:41
Ground the airplane of those companies .
Before it is too late.
Pilots as you can see there are other pilots and operator that do not give a dam ... about you your life your family and you life read all those post and you will see.
Lets get together on this and we can change the situation in better and now.
Pilot deserve a life .
Remember if a worker get 40 USD the CEO and managers take 400 times more than a workers .Lets do not it any longer possible .
They get rich on our blood .
Weak up pilots weak up .Do not get dreaming over beer in a stupid bar .
React and ground those airplanes .Be a Man .Be a Captain for once in your life and take the control of your life.
You can have better life , nice car, nice house and if you wanna also a nice family.
Do not lose this opportunity and lets ground those airplanes.
R.V.

Der absolute Hammer
4th Aug 2009, 12:10
http://www.fbuch.com/images/TsarPriest1918.JPG

You are not the only historical one to see managment in such a light.

B200Drvr
4th Aug 2009, 15:31
RV,
Why not just get a job with an operator who maintains their fleet, or is there something wrong with you that you are unemployable on mainstream carriers and have to work for dodgy African operators.

RICCARDOVOLANTE
4th Aug 2009, 17:19
B200Drvr
I can not find a job due to the fact that there are so many pilots that are giving them self for nothing and some times even die for flying in unacceptable conditions .Those guys are ruining the market and the doggy operators are increasing in numbers for such reason the numbers of incidents in aviation increase everyday because pilots do not stand up.
May ask a question to you B200Drvr?
What is wrong with you in do not want accept more money, more respect, more airplane in better conditions, more benefits ?
Well you do not like the nice life?
Having house , car, no debts ,a secure job for life and be respected as Captain?Not to worry any longer of overload , engine failure , emergency and son on ?What is wrong with this picture of life ?
You must see pilots dieing full of debts, no family, in bar ?Is that the picture you have for your self?
R.V.

RICCARDOVOLANTE
4th Aug 2009, 17:23
Malagant
got get your self a beer you need at this time and stop to motive others pilots to kill them self.
We have moral not like go to cry to your favorite bartender.
R.V.

RICCARDOVOLANTE
4th Aug 2009, 17:26
Hi Guys!
Yes, all ET staff got half salary for last month. I am a current employee of ETK and our "BOSS" is out on compulsory leave.For sure ETK is going down and it's all about B.L attaitude. Most of his planes are now parked and apparently no spare parts to service the a/c.
He came to Kenya hoping to wipe out other operators but he had the wrong team around. The best thing for him now is to get his acts right and avoid normal court cases he had in S.A and know who is who. All I know now is Kenya Civil Aviation Authority is watching ETK'S maintainance and i think they have documented evidences before they make a move.
Malagant
read well above and tell who in the hell has been negative in this particulare tread?
Go get a beer.
R.V.

PhoenixDC
4th Aug 2009, 18:18
My, but you certainly are on a roll today!!!

RICCARDOVOLANTE
4th Aug 2009, 18:45
Dear PhoenixDC,
some times I get sick and tired of the BL,nothing wrong with you, but I give you and example .
I got an interview here in Poland not long time ago for a Saab 340 job and I try to explain that I did the ground re currency training in South Africa and during this the interview this arrogant D/O told me "THIS IS NOT AFRICA MY FRIEND CAPTAIN, HERE WE THE THINGS IN THE RIGHT WAY NO CORRUPTED PEOPLE HERE OK???"
Today the police arrested six members of the CAA of Poland for corruption
they were taking money6 from pilots to pass the JAA test.Most of them were very close friend of this D/O.
Well what I can say ... people some time mak me a little .....nervous .
R.V.

GALANT
4th Aug 2009, 19:35
:ugh::ugh:
:\:\:\:sad::{:D:D
BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, we had a closed door meeting today and for the time being I still have my job but i am waiting for my full salary. My coleagues were not so lucky,they were given letter of termination,YES guys are going home.On the maintainance side the DIRECTOR OF MAINTAINANCE Mr. John is really making money buy telling the engineers "if you wanna keep your job,you know what to do,you have to part with $ 3500.00" so that is the way now. Some people are making money, while others are losing there job.Apparently the rumour is the guys that were laid off might come back if the part with 3500.00 so there is a middle man who can negotiate on your behalf.It's all corruption nothing about saving the company.
The saga continues and the guys that were laid off might go to court and sue ETK. JUST LIKE ROSE AIR :sad:

suitcaseman
5th Aug 2009, 07:43
So maybe RV was right on this one!

RV............ I thought Poland was still ICAO and not part of JAA? Wizzair were taking pilots with ICAO licences.

lvdriver
5th Aug 2009, 09:30
RV,

Go and have a look at how much the aviation industry has lost over the last 24 months. BA is asking people to work for free for goodness sakes!!

In the company I work for we have not made a profit all year due to the difficult trading conditions however the shareholders have put cash into the company to ensure it carries on trading through this period. When things turn around then they will take their dividends as they are the ones risking their money. In all of this the employees recieved full pay and benefits despite the downturn. So would I begrude the shareholders for making money in the good times- hell no!! I have a steady job and Im not asked to give back money in the bad times so why should I ask for more than my contract in the good times? Its called capitalism.:ok:

RICCARDOVOLANTE
5th Aug 2009, 10:20
Poland is JAA .
Wizz air is from Hungary.

lvdriver
capitalism
the aggressive capitalism was what brought the down turn in USA and the rest of the world.
Shall I have to remind you that?
and for the first time in USA there are adopting the socialism way for saving all those companies from bankruptcy .
Now everybody il all the world are calling for regulationmeaning capitalism with limits and rules of moral and ethic.
I just wanna say no matter the differents opininon at the present issue , I would like say that I am very sorry for all those guys that lost or going to lose their job in ETK.
R.V.

lvdriver
5th Aug 2009, 10:28
Capitalism will surive. Bottom line no profit motive=no investment=no jobs. No system is perfect but socialism will not prevail in the US or Africa!

Fuzzy Lager
5th Aug 2009, 10:41
RV, can't you find something else to do?

Its clear enough why you are unemployable but is it really necessary that for you to subject us all to your inane garbage? Isn't there something on tv? Being a complete idiot isn't a crime in itself (perhaps it should be) but imposing your pathetic, poorly thought out ideas on the rest of us that really are only interested in whats happening with ET/ETK is really too much.

RICCARDOVOLANTE
5th Aug 2009, 11:18
Fuzzy Lager
cool down and do not insult me .
If you do not like do not read
Very easy to talk via PPrune .
Go get a beer and to you bartender.
R.V.

RICCARDOVOLANTE
5th Aug 2009, 11:22
If you ask for your rights to have the salary you are calld anIDIOT.
Very interesting so lets do this do you think that who work for ETK are all IDIOTS ? because they wanna be paid in full?
Guys , stay away from those people lets burn the ground to people like Fuzzy Lager.
R.V.

putt for dough
5th Aug 2009, 14:15
Calm down RV. we get what you said the first time :ugh:

RICCARDOVOLANTE
5th Aug 2009, 16:20
putt for dough
Now you tell me that I will calm down immediately.
Mafia men Brrrrr....
Why don make calm down those people that are destroying the market?
I remind you that at the mean time we are talking people are loosing job in while that owner and management are going to have nice party>
R.V.

B200Drvr
5th Aug 2009, 18:04
RV.
Sorry, I have a very well paid Jet job, on a beautifully maintained corporate Jet, that is owned by a Company that also owns a certified HB maintenance facility. Have a nice car, nice house and lots of toys and only a mortgage.

suitcaseman
5th Aug 2009, 18:59
Wizzairs first flight was on the 19th May 2004 from Katowice (southern Poland) but yes, you are correct, the companys business address is now in Hungary.

RV, how do you know management are going off to have a nice party? Maybe they are at the bank trying to get a loan to keep the business running or selling thier houses to pay off comany dept.

The management are often the ones that put up the capital to start the business - they cant all be crooks!

RICCARDOVOLANTE
5th Aug 2009, 19:25
suitcaseman
If those guys received half salary without and proper warning
If those guys did not have any pilot meeting about the future of the company
Well those are crook
I can understand the down turn of the economy, but first who have to have the cut salary must be the CEO and the management because they are there also to protect the job for their pilots
Second if any of those beig cheese are still driving big cars and having close door meeting that is the meaning of crook.
I have been in the management side and I always had open door meeting
nothing to hide.
I have been also a representative of the pilots, Chief Pilot and Asst chief pilot,well everything was toward the main workforce Pilots.
R.V.

B200Drvr
that it is talking
I am very happy for you.That is the meaning for hope of having a good job for everybody else also.
Thank you
for sharing us this good news.

Mobotu
6th Aug 2009, 15:23
Sorry someone was in the phone booth taking to her shrink - so I had to wait untill she finished to change into my costume......

RV - Now you have gone too far! Pilots flying for beer in DRC - yes and what the frig is wrong with that - 10 cases of Primus per crew member - 12 bottles per case - $10 per bottle in Charlie II....Those were the days....you do the math Einstein!

Fly for Beer, Stones, fuel, sex and whatever else you can hoc - this is Africa man - get real!:ugh:

Malagant - RV, why don`t you just start a thread on whats bugging you and go whine on your own? If you such an old pilot that just about met the Wright brothers and pioneered flying in Africa maybe by now you would have been a 747 Capt or something!
:mad: I just laughed so hard I almost got a hernia - that's funny!!!!

RICCARDOVOLANTE
6th Aug 2009, 16:26
Mobotu
If your life is for so cheap price you can go ahead, I don't.
That is why you fly fo a chap beer in DRC and I had free expensive wine in the best restaurant in Lumb for free and 400 USD per day plus business class and so on .....
You do the math and see who is more smart between us .
Me or you .
You can smile as much as you want but I guess who is the looser in DRC is not me .
Get real my friend this is Africa I get the best and you the worst .
R.V.

suitcaseman
6th Aug 2009, 17:28
But RV; I thought you have been unemployed for the last 12 months, living on your wifes salary?

The fact that you earned $400 per day once upon a time means nothing if you have not been able to find a job in the last year.

RICCARDOVOLANTE
6th Aug 2009, 17:41
suitcaseman
If there so many pilots ready to work for a beer ? how come they give me such contract to me?
If we still keep going to give us away for nothing we will be everybody out of job.
If we keep up with salary we all find a job or a better job.
I just turn down a job for Chief Pilot position instructor on the B737 300
because there were going to pay only 3500 Euro per month included accommodation and meals.
So the point is that I refused the jobs and that I do find the job.
I do not wanna ruin the market , nevertheless there are pilots that even if can get more there are selling them self for a beer
R.V.

thats entertainment!
6th Aug 2009, 18:11
Ricardo i do actually agree with your general sentiment - i think - mind you it has taken quite a bit of limoncelo to grasp what it is that you are bleating on about. However you stand little to no chance of changing the lot of the average pilot who is trying to find / accepting what that pilot feels is appropriate to his / her circumstances. What i do know is being as negetive as you are about an issue you alone can do little or nothing about is not going to help you or anybody else. Try find a decent operator, keep some money coming in, keep current etc etc and when the market is better use your experience to get in somewhere you can stay, so that your future postings might be a bright and cheery as B200 driver!

suitcaseman
6th Aug 2009, 19:17
In my opinion, some pilots (RV falls into this category) over estimate their value. We are just drivers, slightly more qualified than a bus driver. Our qualifications are expensive but not as expensive as attending university for 3 or 4 years.

Then there is the arguement that we have 150 lives in our hands and we must make split second decisions - so does every bus, train or for that matter motor car driver (not with 150 pax though). It's that pilot ego.

Supply and demand dictates salary and its not in our favour at present.

So does ET have financial problems or just profiteering from their crew? And RV, if you answer that (and I know you will) do you know it as fact or opinion?

Driver Suity

OCEANIC404
6th Aug 2009, 19:19
Come on Guys! Stop attacking each other and the thread is all about EXECUTIVE TURBINE. Nothing else please.We have a company which is sinking very fast and that is ET !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Der absolute Hammer
6th Aug 2009, 20:49
AHhhh!
Who cares anyway anyway - someone said their managment were just a load of crooks?

RICCARDOVOLANTE
6th Aug 2009, 21:18
suitcaseman
I already answer in my past post
If those guys received half salary without and proper warning
If those guys did not have any pilot meeting about the future of the company

You get the conclusion ,what do you think?

thats entertainment!
thank you for your post.
Please could you help me out to find that company ?
I am unable at the moment to find anything.
R.V.

gautengflyboy
7th Aug 2009, 06:18
RV - your snivelling commentary is getting very boring. Wish the moderator could shut down this thread. :yuk:

Der absolute Hammer
7th Aug 2009, 06:34
Seconded!
Absolutely.
This thread has gone so far away from its original intention as to have become completely an exercise in hijacked drivel, liberally infused with dollops of Trotskyite inanities, interspersed with the twinkle of golden ostentation with a tad, from time to time, of Ya-Boo-Sucks .