PDA

View Full Version : Can you do a JAA FI course in US?

buzzc152
28th Jul 2009, 16:30
Quickie question.....well 2 actually.

Can you do a JAA FI course in the US ?

Can you use your UK issued JAA FI rating to teach in France ?....... I know the DGAC can be a bit.......well, French really.

Am I right in assuming there isn't too much work around at the moment for instructors?

Rgds

Buzz

Keygrip
28th Jul 2009, 18:34
That's three, is it not?

chrisbl
28th Jul 2009, 19:41
There are three types of people, those that can count and those that cannot.

Whopity
28th Jul 2009, 22:03
Can you use your UK issued JAA FI rating to teach in France ?....... I know the DGAC can be a bit.......well, French really.

French law requires all teaching in France to be conducted in French!

Flying Instructors in France work at Aeroclubs and receive no remuneration!

The French only recognise French JAA FI ratings! However if you persist, the answer eventually goes from No, to possibly, to maybe, to pas problem, but that doesn't change the first two points. The way they teach bears little similarity to a typical UK JAA FI course.

S-Works
29th Jul 2009, 08:08
Am I right in assuming there isn't too much work around at the moment for instructors?

There is not much work around for new FI's looking for a paid job. There are however a lot of the FI training schools very busy doing FI courses at the moment which does strike me as a little immoral........

Buzz a man of your experience would probably do better freelancing as a CRI and possibly becoming an LAA coach. PM me.

buzzc152
29th Jul 2009, 09:19
Thanks Bose

I will PM you but for the interest of others will keep the thread going.

I really know very little about the rules, ratings, in and outs etc of the instuctional world hence my questions might seem a bit niave.......

How do you become a CRI ? Don't you have to have an un restricted FI rating to begin with ?

I'm not familiar with the LAA and coaching..... what's it all about ?

Thanks

Buzz

BigGrecian
30th Jul 2009, 15:23
To answer the original question - yes you can do a JAA FI course in the USA.

European Flight Training (http://www.flyeft.com/fi.asp) is the one that some collegues of mine trained at.

Ex Oggie
30th Jul 2009, 21:24
There are however a lot of the FI training schools very busy doing FI courses at the moment which does strike me as a little immoral........

bose-x, I have to take issue with your comment. An FTO is a supplier in a service industry, with products to sell like any other. A professional FTO will make any potential customers fully aware of the current situation, however that product will still be sold if it is requested.

The current economic climate is regrettable, however we do have mortgages to pay and need to earn as does anyone else. Quite frankly, if it is a choice between providing an FI(R) course to a customer who is aware of the current situation or taking unpaid leave, it is a no brainer. I have no problem sleeping at night.

XO