PDA

View Full Version : Drug pilot jailed

Super VC-10
29th Jun 2009, 17:07
A pilot who was involved in drug production and smuggling has been jailed for over 4 years.

BBC NEWS | UK | England | Kent | Drugs raid crash pilot imprisoned (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/kent/8125157.stm)

Humaround
29th Jun 2009, 19:07
Crashing a Cessna 172 in someone's back garden - unfortunate.

Failing to attend court - forgetful.

Having 200 Cannabis plants growing at your house when the police come to see you - priceless.

Molesworth 1
29th Jun 2009, 19:56
.. not to mention mistaking a roof for a ploughed field...

What on earth is "abstraction of electricity"?

T18
29th Jun 2009, 20:09
Basically he was stealing the electricity, probably by bypassing the meter. For two reasons, cost and not wanting to draw attention to the amount of electricty being used. I understand that you need heaters, lights and fans during the growing season.

GearDownFlaps
29th Jun 2009, 20:51
Yep T18 is correct the cultivation of weed costs a fortune in Leckie due to the heat and light required . This is why the majority of protagonists bypass the meter or tap it in from other sources etc etc.:ugh:
Funny thing is in this crazy mixed up world he will probably have been given more of a snetence based on the abstarction thatn the posession :ok:

IO540
29th Jun 2009, 21:26
snetence based on the abstarctionYou may not be growing anything but what are you smoking? :)

Not long ago I flew in from a certain S European city which seemed to be well stocked with shops selling all kinds of equipment for growing "cactuses" (despite having been to a UK university in the 1970s it took me a long time to work this out) and guess what? On return to the UK I was met by the police. Very polite they were but they did look around the plane a bit.

Abstraction of electricity was common in the student days... in fact I knew a few tight sods who continued to sneak into the Univ for years after they left, to have a hot shower ;)

Anyway, this idiot probably thought that nobody was watching him, after all that activity.....

west lakes
29th Jun 2009, 21:51
Abstraction of electricity

Though not aviation related (sorry) it is not uncommon for "owners" of cannabis factories to actually open up the incomming cable beneath floor boards and tap into it - all while the cable is live!!

GearDownFlaps
29th Jun 2009, 21:59
Yeh sorry IO , am actually sober but I type fast but am crap at it and it generally goes to rat pooh and Im too lazy to proof read

rusty sparrow
29th Jun 2009, 22:10
In my local area, Hemel Hempstead, there was a police raid last winter on a cannibas factory run by a Vietnamese gang. There was so much heat coming out of the house from the masses of heaters, that the Infra Red camera on the police helicopter showed the roof as white (on a black and white print) while the surrounding roofs were black.

Spitoon
30th Jun 2009, 07:31
Ahh, the true value of roof insulation becomes clear.....

PompeyPaul
30th Jun 2009, 08:22
I wonder if I'll get raided on suspicion of cannabis cultivation. I've had the aircon, on full, solidly for the past few days. Wish I could get free electrickery....