PDA

View Full Version : Anyone remember the BAC 1-11 refueling circuits?

Loose rivets
28th Jun 2009, 17:32
A very long time ago, I was flying as some sort of training F/O, and the person that occupied the left seat was taking 110% of my attention. We had no APU, and arrived at a place that had no GPU until we needed to start. I pressed on and dialed up 8 tonnes using the battery.

What we got was 11 tonnes, but it didn't show until we were taxiing out. Then only a slight increase from electrical zero.

editWhat I've wondered in mulling over this in hindsight, is if the refueling settings worked on battery. I was fairly nifty at the technical side, but realized that this was something I just did not know. The dial was at zero when I checked upon landing.

I stormed out of this company on safety grounds - because of this 'captain' - very soon after this incident, and never really thought much about the technicalities for quite a while. Such was the chaos in this company, that the figures were never questioned. Nor was the fact that the captain started the engines with passengers on the rear air-stairs, and no checks done. Not even clearance, or the parking brake or beacons on. You can perhaps see why I finally, after months of trying to keep up with this baboon, allowed something to go horribly wrong.